Airdrie v Hearts

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Thanks for the heads up.

How are the sales.of the Hearts tickets getting on,  I think we are hoping / expecting 4.5k away fans for this time,  if so , hats off big time, that would be an impressive following.

4 minutes ago, Passionate said:

How are the sales.of the Hearts tickets getting on,  I think we are hoping / expecting 4.5k away fans for this time,  if so , hats off big time, that would be an impressive following.

I'm not 100% sure but I think we've sold all the East and 2 or 3 sections in the south. Probably shift a few more before Sunday as well.

What do the stands hold? Must be close to 4k so far. 

11 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

I'm not 100% sure but I think we've sold all the East and 2 or 3 sections in the south. Probably shift a few more before Sunday as well.

What do the stands hold? Must be close to 4k so far. 

The East is 2.8k and South is 1.8k

Looking forward to this now it's coming up. We are in great form, I wonder if Naismith will be tempted to make a few changes or stick with the team that've been performing. I think he'll make a few but nothing experimental, just give a few guys like Gordon, Rowles and Atkinson a chance to get back in and get some minutes.

On 06/02/2024 at 22:06, Passionate said:

Raging I've got to work on Sunday so won't be able to get to this one - I do like a new ground.

2 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Looking forward to this now it's coming up. We are in great form, I wonder if Naismith will be tempted to make a few changes or stick with the team that've been performing. I think he'll make a few but nothing experimental, just give a few guys like Gordon, Rowles and Atkinson a chance to get back in and get some minutes.

A part of me wants us to keep going as we are and not rock the boat too much.

I think you could see we were a bit all over the place with Ross County when we tried to be cute with our experimenting. I'd rather we now prioritised max strength for the cup games as we've got some space in the league for that now.

Still think Gordon will get the cup games anyway.

14 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

A part of me wants us to keep going as we are and not rock the boat too much.

I think you could see we were a bit all over the place with Ross County when we tried to be cute with our experimenting. I'd rather we now prioritised max strength for the cup games as we've got some space in the league for that now.

Still think Gordon will get the cup games anyway.

Yeah it'll be strong but I don't really see those 3 listed as experimental. Atkinson has had a good season, Rowles is a nailed on starter anyway and Gordon is better than Clark. 

Gordon I think will definitely come in.

Hope you good Hearts people are looking forward to the game like ourselves,  hopefully Police Scotland don't make this a bit of a chore,  no parking in stadium complex or surrounding roads,  When this happens it is guaranteed that pockets of trouble will break out, with no old bill in attendance obviously..   Have you been informed of the Police enforcing the "Thistle law". keeping supporters behind after the game until Home supporters can be dispersed,  (knowing our luck they will keep the 2.5 k Airdrie supporters back)..  

Should be a decent occasion,   do any of you guys remember the last time you played Airdrie at the Excelsior (one time)

17 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Hope you good Hearts people are looking forward to the game like ourselves,  hopefully Police Scotland don't make this a bit of a chore,  no parking in stadium complex or surrounding roads,  When this happens it is guaranteed that pockets of trouble will break out, with no old bill in attendance obviously..   Have you been informed of the Police enforcing the "Thistle law". keeping supporters behind after the game until Home supporters can be dispersed,  (knowing our luck they will keep the 2.5 k Airdrie supporters back)..  

Should be a decent occasion,   do any of you guys remember the last time you played Airdrie at the Excelsior (one time)

Hopefully there's no any bother as the vast majority of folk just want to go to the game and get back.

Was a friendly right? early 00's. 1-1?

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Yeah it'll be strong but I don't really see those 3 listed as experimental. Atkinson has had a good season, Rowles is a nailed on starter anyway and Gordon is better than Clark. 

Gordon I think will definitely come in.

Experimental was probably the wrong word to use but I hear ya.

49 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

Hopefully there's no any bother as the vast majority of folk just want to go to the game and get back.

Was a friendly right? early 00's. 1-1?

Agree totally,   have you sold your allocation of around 4.5 k

.yes a pre season friendly played in a monsoon around 05,  1 each with Owen Coyle scoring a peach and i think it was Phil Stamp scoring for Hearts( could be wrong)

16 minutes ago, Passionate said:

Agree totally,   have you sold your allocation of around 4.5 k

.yes a pre season friendly played in a monsoon around 05,  1 each with Owen Coyle scoring a peach and i think it was Phil Stamp scoring for Hearts( could be wrong)

Just about I think, down to the last section in the South Stand.

I can't mind it being Stamp, but I'd be lying if I said I could remember who it was.

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

yes, 1-1 pre-season game but I've forgotten the game itself!  We were in the bar in the stand which was pretty good I seem to remember.

7 hours ago, Passionate said:

Must be around 3k + for us now, as out of the 3700 main stand it looks as if there's only about 300 odd total left across all sections plus ruling out block A (c. 250). 

Hoping we can put the Airdrie Knights of the KKK to the sword by a few goals.

Can still mind them being our bogie team in the 90s. Hopefully play a full-strength team with no brainfarts.

1 hour ago, Crùbag said:

Hoping we can put the Airdrie Knights of the KKK to the sword by a few goals.

Can still mind them being our bogie team in the 90s. Hopefully play a full-strength team with no brainfarts.

Airdrie were our bogey team, that's right. This lot are Clydebank though, so no worries on that front