Airdrie v Hearts

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

That plastic pitch looks miles better than Kilmarnock's and especially Livi's.

The three best are this one and the two news ones at Palmerston and Falkirk 

1 minute ago, Venti said:

Hearts are gonnae pump us aren't they?

No.  I think we'll push them all the way.   Obviously they're strong favourites but we'll make it hell for them in Greenock.  Amazingly in the 35 years I've been following Morton we've never drawn the Jambos in a cup or shared a league.  Kind of wish it had been Tynecastle tho home advantage is obviously more beneficial to us.

Can’t be too disheartened by that.

Full credit to Hearts who look a real quality side. Barely wasted a pass all came. So crisp in possession. That first goal was a thing of beauty and watching Shankland’s movement for it was brilliant. 

I felt 3-1 seemed unfair for what we put into the first half but second half Hearts well in control and we couldn’t wrestle any dominance in the game for any sustained period of time. 

That looks like some gulf in class compared to St Johnstone who we controlled quite comfortably in the last round. Bit of an eye opener of just how good sides can be in the top flight. 

Also credit to the Hearts fans we can only dream of attendances and atmospheres like that and watching those fans behind the goals was also quality. Loved watching them. 

Shite to be out the cup but nothing but plaudits for my side and well done Hearts you have a cracking side. Good luck for the rest of the season. 

1 minute ago, LargsTON said:

No.  I think we'll push them all the way.   Obviously they're strong favourites but we'll make it hell for them in Greenock.  Amazingly in the 35 years I've been following Morton we've never drawn the Jambos in a cup or shared a league.  Kind of wish it had been Tynecastle tho home advantage is obviously more beneficial to us.

Good luck mate but we thought that too. Need to get at them which I’m sure you can. Give them time and they are lethal 

2 minutes ago, LargsTON said:

Hope you're right mate.