Not having a re-use of another thread for this return to Dens (surely, right? 😬), too momentous to be lost in the shuffle.

The game at Tynecastle is arguably already out of our craw in terms of the result bothering us, but hopefully Doc's lads are chomping at the bit to get their own back. Mellon and McCowan back is great, and we should be looking for all 3 points here.

18 minutes ago, the jambo-rocker said:

Shat it on the other thread just because you don't like the result being brought back up as a reminder.

Hypocrites.

Aye OK, the other thread would have you melts turning up at Swinecastle.

Our away form has been tremendous, our form in general has been good and Dundee while a good team have been patchy. The game at Tynie will hopefully sharpen our focus as well as to the problems Dundee can cause us.

I'll go fro a narrow 2-1 Hearts win, Forrest and a winner from ex-Arab Fraser off the bench.

In our first season up, managed by an untested quantity at this level it would be embarrassing from the Hearts to be swept away at Dens twice in the same season.

Maybe the fury at being relegated during Covid whilst rock bottom of the league in March with the third highest budget is still raw. Of course it was all cause of an email...

The Hearts bigged up the match at Tynecastle the other season; a day for revenge where they only proceeded to concede late on to Hibee legend Jason Cummings and stream out the stadium weeping once again.

The emotion gets the better of Hearts with Dundee. A newly promoted team with defensive injury after injury should be expecting defeat here. With bone head in charge of them riling his players up over so called injustices there's every hope for the weakened Dundee though.

Thank you.

10 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Having watched Hearts and Dundee in our last two games, Dundee should stroll this. At least a two goal win for Dundee. 

Still hurting?

48 minutes ago, Mr. X said:

Still hurting?

Just saying it as I saw it. Dundee were excellent for the bulk of the match on Tuesday, whereas Hearts let us dominate the first half and didn't look that impressive overall. Also the game being at Dens I can only see a home win. I understand that you will totally disagree.

I expect goals from both sides so it will be a 2 1 or 3 2 type game.

If Hearts turn up for the whole game it will be in our favour, A draw for us would not be the worst result but I would rather have all 3.

I predict then a 2 1 win to HMFC!

58 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

In our first season up, managed by an untested quantity at this level it would be embarrassing from the Hearts to be swept away at Dens twice in the same season.

Maybe the fury at being relegated during Covid whilst rock bottom of the league in March with the third highest budget is still raw. Of course it was all cause of an email...

The Hearts bigged up the match at Tynecastle the other season; a day for revenge where they only proceeded to concede late on to Hibee legend Jason Cummings and stream out the stadium weeping once again.

The emotion gets the better of Hearts with Dundee. A newly promoted team with defensive injury after injury should be expecting defeat here. With bone head in charge of them riling his players up over so called injustices there's every hope for the weakened Dundee though.

Thank you.

We are also managed by an untested quantity at this level.

We didn't have the third highest budget.

Why would that game have been bigged up as revenge when we pumped you in the Championship and had played you twice before that in the same season? Was it conveniently because you won?

Genuinely, who is bonehead? I'm curious as to what injustices he's been riling people up about.

6 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Just saying it as I saw it. Dundee were excellent for the bulk of the match on Tuesday, whereas Hearts let us dominate the first half and didn't look that impressive overall. Also the game being at Dens I can only see a home win. I understand that you will totally disagree.

I also watched the game on Tuesday and both teams were pretty rotten in the first half, though Dundee were pretty impressive after the break. Aberdeen played with a lot more intensity initially against us but ran out of steam and were ultimately well beaten.

I would expect a hard game, particularly if we start as sluggishly as we have been recently.

50 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I think you're abusing the word dominate somewhat. 

48 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

That's simply not true.

You're managed by a soft-brained, hard-boiled egg.

12 minutes ago, Insert Amusing Pseudonym said:

I think you're abusing the word dominate somewhat. 

You would say that. It's a bit embarrassing to be dominated by Aberdeen at the moment. 

57 minutes ago, Tony Wonder said:

We didn't have the third highest budget.

Why would that game have been bigged up as revenge when we pumped you in the Championship and had played you twice before that in the same season? Was it conveniently because you won?

Genuinely, who is bonehead? I'm curious as to what injustices he's been riling people up about.

Did Neilston not issue statements before the game in question saying exactly that? Maybe I'm mixed up but I think I can remember laughing at it as, as you said, we had already played since the email laugh