Hibs v Celtic

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

When Rangers number one fanboy, Kenny Miller, says it was a penalty, you have no case.

Don't worry, we will make sure he is reprimanded for his error in judgement.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

He also played for Hibs, not quite sure what your point is though.

Sky is an old firm biased platform based towards favouring your bigoted mob and the blue side.  Of course he’s going to be pro-Celtic on commentary otherwise he gets complaints and loses his job after thousands of fans complain to sky for him being biased. 

4 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

No examples required. One of the easier Laws of the Game to understand. Are you seriously saying that a foul on an attacker in the box whilst the ball is in play, isn’t a penalty? 

I won't pretend to know the ins and outs of the laws of the game, especially with so many changes nowadays but the amount of Hibs fans failing to grasp this  is quite baffling.

7 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

No examples required. One of the easier Laws of the Game to understand. Are you seriously saying that a foul on an attacker in the box whilst the ball is in play, isn’t a penalty? 

For anyone listening to the Sky Sports coverage on Tuesday of the Rangers/Aberdeen match, there is absolutely no doubt who former Celtic player, Kenny Miller, is a fan of.

He panders to old firm fans as sky is old firm tv, they don’t give a shit about the rest of Scottish football. 

So you don’t have many examples then. And at the same time I’m sure you will say that Boyle, who has clear contact on him while running at speed wasn’t fouled either and base it on past history and not actually what happened in the game. 

44 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

If Kyogo has scored with the shot would that be disallowed because of the following infringement or does that only come into play if the shot is missed? 

Obviously, yes.

Just now, Hoose Rice said:

He panders to old firm fans as sky is old firm tv, they don’t give a shit about the rest of Scottish football. 

So you don’t have many examples then. And at the same time I’m sure you will say that Boyle, who has clear contact on him while running at speed wasn’t fouled either and base it on past history and not actually what happened in the game. 

They were both pretty clear penalties, IMO.

Additionally in regards to the Boyle incident, while there may have been contact, it's nowhere near enough to have impeded him. The contact had absolutely no bearing on the way Boyle threw himself down.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

They were both pretty clear penalties, IMO.

Additionally in regards to the Boyle incident, while there may have been contact, it's nowhere near enough to have impeded him. The contact had absolutely no bearing on the way Boyle threw himself down.

^ ^ ^

Kenny Miller alias account found

31 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

There’s a difference between a pass in the middle of the pitch and a player having a strike at goal.  If there’s not a difference you will be able to provide a few examples of this happening previously? 

30 seconds into this, the defender attempting to block the shot clatters Rashford after he hits it.

Penalty correctly given, because a player successfully hitting a shot before you slide right through them obviously doesn't mean you're entitled to do so, in exactly the same way as a player successfully completing a pass anywhere else on the park doesn't mean you can slide right through them. It is a clear foul.

2 minutes ago, Hoose Rice said:

Cool so double jeapordy then?  Many more examples of this happening? Surely must happen every single week? Sorry if I’ve missed it btw. 

I don't think you know what double jeopardy means. Double jeopardy means being punished twice for the same incident. An example of double jeopardy here would be if Kyogo's shot went in and counted as a goal AND Celtic also received a penalty to make it 3-1.

The referee trying to play advantage but then pulling an incident back after that advantage does not occur is not double jeopardy. A player getting a penalty because he was wiped out after he took a shot is not double jeopardy, because in both cases the defending team is only punished once.

Just now, Dunning1874 said:

30 seconds into this, the defender attempting to block the shot clatters Rashford after he hits it.

Penalty correctly given, because a player successfully hitting a shot before you slide right through them obviously doesn't mean you're entitled to do so, in exactly the same way as a player successfully completing a pass anywhere else on the park doesn't mean you can slide right through them. It is a clear foul.

A similar one at 1:25 in this too, FIndlay catches the Aberdeen player late after he has already crossed the ball.

I can’t believe people are trying to argue that late challenges after the ball is played shouldn't be a foul. 

Edit: Also, had Kyogo scored it would be a goal and a yellow card for a late challenge.

If you can’t understand either of these then you’re a bit thick and maybe football is too complicated for you.

Edited by stressball

4 minutes ago, LuboMoravcik said:

They were both clear penalties and if you disagree you're being wilfully stupid.

First one is an horrendous challenge, could have been an extremely serious injury for Alistair Johnston, the Hibs booing him being carried off on a stretcher not knowing what day it is really is beyond stupid, reminds me of a similar challenge on Ryan Christie at a semi against Aberdeen about five years ago by, if memory serves me correctly Lewis Ferguson? No penalty as it was in the middle of the pitch but a red card and Christie genuinely looked like he'd done ten rounds in a UFC octagon. 

The second one, I was about four rows from the front slightly to the right of David Marshall's goal as I watched the play so Kyogo was right in my line of vision and seen him being cleared out by the Hibs player as soon as he got his shot away, I must have been one of the few people who shouted for a PK straight away, it's fractionally inside the box so the right call by VAR, a scenario like this is what it is for. 

Hibs fans and others losing their shit here as they just see Celtic getting two penalties including one in stoppage time without acknowledgement that, they are actually both penalties. The same outrage would be shared had it been Rangers and SFA/Old Firm bias reeled out, they are both pretty clear penalties end of the day and Hibs would be screaming for them themselves. 

I've only really seen the goal highlights on my phone briefly so genuinely haven't seen the Boyle incident other than from low down in the away stand at the other end of the pitch, I took it that having reviewed it on VAR and stuck with the original decision that it wasn't a penalty but, genuinely haven't seen it on TV yet so will hang fire till I see it back.