Dees vs. The Rubbers, Sunday 11th Feb, 2pm

5 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Charlie Adam came out with an interview saying Costelloe hadnt wanted to join us on loan as he thought the Scottish Premiership was below him, and he'd rather go to EFL League Two.

He was then pea hearted and shite for us.

Then he randomly claimed he'd be sent death threats after joining you (which in reality was a couple of tweets making jokes about him signing for our "deadly rivals").

Aye, a p***k of a guy. 

Not quite sure about the booing and the w****r chants though, although we did the same to Theo Bair two weeks ago. Fair play for getting it right up us.  Olufunwa doing similar to the Derry at 1-0 after 60 minutes was shaming.  

2 minutes ago, Crawford said:

Burnt down market. Was a grand auld Sunday spent there. Already stamped approval for a bunch of souless 4 bedroom townhouses and flats.

Is that Dens Road Market?

4 minutes ago, Muirton Saint said:

If I had to guess, I think it has to do with a Charlie Adam (Burnley loan manager) interview where he says he basically had to force Costelloe to come up north, and the fact that he just wasn't good enough for us. I've nothing against the guy, and it was a stupid thing for Adam to say.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Charlie Adam came out with an interview saying Costelloe hadnt wanted to join us on loan as he thought the Scottish Premiership was below him, and he'd rather go to EFL League Two.

He was then pea hearted and shite for us.

Then he randomly claimed he'd be sent death threats after joining you (which in reality was a couple of tweets making jokes about him signing for our "deadly rivals").

Yes, I can understand why Adam shouldn’t have been so honest in the interview.  I wonder if it was the physicality of the Scottish Premiership Costelloe was shying away from?  From my very limited viewings of Costelloe there is definitely a skilful player in there but I am not convinced he likes the physical side of the game.  He certainly doesn’t appear to like getting close to a player when defending.

1 minute ago, Shadow Play said:

Yes, I can understand why Adam shouldn’t have been so honest in the interview.  I wonder if it was the physicality of the Scottish Premiership Costelloe was shying away from?  From my very limited viewings of Costelloe there is definitely a skilful player in there but I am not convinced he likes the physical side of the game.  He certainly doesn’t appear to like getting close to a player when defending.

He just thought he was above it.

Apparently the only reason he joined was because Adam told him he'd been shite in the EFL last season so playing at a level below him and starring would be good for him, and this would give him the chance to play at Ibrox and Parkhead.

3 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Did Charlie not same the same about Lewis who was at us and never got a game. 

4 minutes ago, Dee Bliss said:

Did Charlie not same the same about Lewis who was at us and never got a game. 

Yeah, he was referring to them both. They both thought they were a step above the Scottish top flight. Lewis' attitude must have been completely rotten to not even get a minute on the park.

Costelloe has maybe realised he's not as good as he thought and tried to knuckle down. Today he looked a bit better than I've seen him before.

15 minutes ago, Dee Bliss said:

Saintees number 16 is a player. 

He could've fooled me! All pace, no skill or composure. Nice overhead kick tbf, but even with multiple 5 yard head starts on our CBs he never looked close to threatening us when he had the ball.

8 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

He could've fooled me! All pace, no skill or composure. Nice overhead kick tbf, but even with multiple 5 yard head starts on our CBs he never looked close to threatening us when he had the ball.

Beck caught him a few times even after he was given a 2 yard startie 

3 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

becks 1 v 1 defending especially in the 1st half was outstanding.

His 1 v 1 defending is up there with the very best.

One total random from St Mirren, McMenamin I think it was, tore him a new arsehole and he seems to have taken that personally as he's just taken to putting wingers in his back pocket ever since.

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

One total random from St Mirren, McMenamin I think it was, tore him a new arsehole and he seems to have taken that personally as he's just taken to putting wingers in his back pocket ever since.

Hasn’t looked back since that performance. He is just simply brilliant. 

4 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

remember watching that 1st game v st mirren..and thinking wtf have we got here...how wrong i was...he might not make it at liverpool but he's certainly going to play at a higher level than anything scotland has to offer.

1 hour ago, Shadow Play said:

Yes, I saw that.  Probably did it due to all the stick he was getting from the St Johnstone fans every time he touched the ball.

Why is Costelloe so disliked by the Saints fans?  It seemed the abuse he was getting was over and above what an ex player who didn’t spend very much time at the club usually gets.  In fact I would have thought they’d be delighted he had left given how bad they say he is

If only he'd finished and put the ball in the net at Celtic Park after tearing their defence apart, he'd Potentially be a legend, or at least up their with Nich Dasovic, Dave Mckay, and Danny Swanson.