Dumbarton vs Spartans

Match Outcome  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Match Outcome

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/02/24 at 19:45

Once again, a chance to make a wee bit of a statement on the table. Go above our opponents, close the gap on 2nd to 2 points and - perhaps most importantly - get further from Bonnyrigg and cement our position in the play-offs.

A bunch of failures.

Edited by squeezebox-son

An absolutely dire spectacle. Our pitch is a hinderence to the art of football.

We have zero cutting edge and our fucking bum of a manager doesn’t have the slightest clue what our best 11 is. Any form of pace we had was left sitting on the bench. Is Finlay Gray carrying an injury? Quite how Wilson lasted 87 minutes before being replaced by Gray is beyond me. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, James Hilton should never start any game before a fit Ryan Wallace - he offers absolutely nothing and the fact we let him hit honkin’ set piece after honkin’ set piece just infuriates me. Does he ever not hit the wall with a dangerous free kick!?

I eagerly await our bumhole of a gaffer telling us the wins will come if we keep playing the way we’re playing.

A quick check of the stats tells me we had 13 shots on goal. Only 4 on target but hey, 7 corners. 

With those stats I’m sure the wins will come. Soon.

As always though, patience is the key.

Benching 4 of our more reasonable attacking players resulted in the slow and ponderous performance that any of us could have predicted before kick off. 

We may have largely controlled the match but “The” Spartans are clearly gubbins and we could have played for days without scoring. 

We might be more accepting of tonight if it was an anomalous performance and not just another failure forming part of a dire sequence of results. 

Spartans came to frustrate us, and they were certain;y successful in their endeavours. The game lacked any kind of consistent flow and was frequently interrupted by soft fouls and shameful time wasting, We did manage to force an acrobatic save from the visiting keeper and had the best of the chances, but a lack of ruthlessness was again on display. Ruth chased down lost causes but found service to be limited and support to be slow to join him. We never really looked like winning tonight and that's just not good enough. Absolutely no disrespect to Spartans, but we need to win our home games. We never really looked like doing so.

Poor game. The big concern is that we're now won just 1 league game from 7 in 2024. There's still time to try and put together a run of form before the end of the season, but winning and losing are both difficult habits to break. We need to try and build some kind of momentum between now and the end of the season.

Yes we were the better team and created better chances but at no stage did we show any urgency with a clear desire to put pressure on Spartans . All a bit slow 

I agree with most not understanding how Hilton Kelly and Healy get more game time than gray and Wallace.

I thought on Saturday he rested a few of the guys and was doing so, to allow them to be fresh for this match... but it makes no sense to then start basically the same side.

I actually think we must have the biggest gang of shitiest set piece takers in the league. I'd love some stats in the numbers of corners & free kicks we have had around the box vs the amount we have actually threatened from them. Rotten.

That was a truly awful spectacle.  Eye bleeding stuff.

Spartans came for a draw and got it, but we didn’t work them nearly enough.  It’s an indictment on the league that 3rd and 4th in the league served that up tonight.  We had the better of it and Spartans were pretty rotten but my, we could still be playing next Tuesday and we wouldn’t score.

We probably should have scored one of the couple of decent chances we made but we were just so laboured for the most part.  It was so pedestrian and slow.  The pitch won’t be helping but really, neither side could expect to trouble Annan over two-legs in the play-offs if they play anything like that.

Overall not many positives to take from this evening. Awful home performance.  Awful away performance.  Awful pitch.  Awful officiating performance. Yay.  Hopefully a few personnel changes for Clyde on Saturday.

£17 to watch that absolute shite, manager doesn’t need to win any games because he is under zero pressure from a spineless board.  
Wee hint for the 🤡, play Lynas at right back, Carlo and Finlay in the centre of the park and Ryan Wallace up front with Ruth and I will guarantee a win this Saturday, which is something Farrell isn’t very good at getting. Picking a winning team from this squad of players is not difficult Farrell just doesn’t have a clue and tries to over complicate things, stick to 4-4-2. As The late great Brian Clough said  ‘’it's a simple game complicated by coaches’’