Aberdeen vs Killie

Not sure what it was, but all the pre-match apathy/despair from us and hearing Kilmarnock were favourites and were taking 1,500 fans up - I just had a strange good feeling that we would win comfortably.

For all I will acknowledge all the good McInnes did at AB24 (and that was a hell of a lot), there was just something about this kind of fixture (with that bit of momentum, excitement, expectation - call it what you like) that he would often fall short.

As for the Europe vs likely Hampden gubbing v Celtic - I hear you.  I would always take Europe, and actually love the early qualifiers in the summer and the chance to get on Bert Kassies' site and work out the permutations.

Again coming back to Del, he won't give you a Connahs Quay type trainwreck, but will find a glass ceiling in QR3 in a tie you "could have won but for small margins".

Our dream of playing Hearts in the final and completely wrecking their bonanza still lives on. Granted it's unlikely, especially with Shinnie hitting the self-destruct button with Beaton when he really didn't need to. However, on this occasion, Celtic maybe isn't the draw from hell that it generally is at other times.