Aberdeen vs Killie

1 hour ago, lubo_blaha said:

Phillips makes a huge difference to our midfield. Was really impressed by him today.

He was excellent today. We wouldn’t have score our third without his work to keep the ball in play. Good shift from him. Thought Hoilett had a good game too. 

Just now, KTID26 said:

Quite right the sheep won the game and then the manager said " I am off had enough of this shite "  Your team will be in the doldrums for quite some time. Guardioa could not turn your club round. Maybe the we ginger guy that was the Septic manager will get the gig.

😂 fantastic 

7 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Those are absolutely mental odds. Tempted to put money on Killie myself*.

Can't see anything other than an away win. On the plus side.........erm........nope there is no plus side.

*OK, not really.

What the f**k do I know?

It's a funny old game.

Credit to the great number of Killie fans who came up to Pittodrie today. Great backing. 

However, I would also like to give a great big GIRFY to everyone, that's most folk, who gave us no chance today.

1 minute ago, kingjoey said:

Credit to the great number of Killie fans who came up to Pittodrie today. Great backing. 

However, I would also like to give a great big GIRFY to everyone, that's most folk, who gave us no chance today.

Fair enough.

Parking the managerial debacle for a moment, I thought we were really good and well worth the win. A broadly sound structure out of possession complemented by an ability to progress the ball well and the emergence of some effective patterns of play.

Barron, Shinnie and Phillips were all immense, and complemented each other nicely. Barron's ball retention, passing and close control, Shinnie's endeavour and constant harrying of the opposition, and Phillips' physicality and ability to hold the ball in, were all so important to the quality of what we did. Phillips especially was tactically so important, starting high up and giving us an alternative target to hit, and giving Miovski a bit more space to play in. McGrath was a constant menace to Kilmarnock, too, and they found it really difficult to cope with his movement all afternoon.

It was also refreshing that we were so physical and snappy. It is two things that this team hasn't been, and everyone in a red jersey today played their part in that. 

There are other individual mentions I could give, particularly to Mackenzie who continues to grow in stature as a defender, and did a broadly good job against a difficult opponent in Armstrong but is also looking better game-by-game when it comes to getting forward, both starting and joining attacks. 

Shinnie's booking is immensely frustrating, though. He was absolutely imperious today and, to be honest, has made a lot of our support look stupid with their early season assessments of him and the shouts about him being "finished" and about how his "legs have gone", etc. I said it then and will say it again now: it is complete and utter nonsense. He is one player in the team who has absolutely suited Warnock's style down to the ground. It looked like a blatant foul on him, but could he have just toned it down a bit at 3-1 up with about two minutes to go, especially when we were in complete control and he would have known a booking was going to get him suspended for the semi-final? I love the guy, terrific player and captain, but he probably should have just let that one go. We don't really have anyone who can replace him and what he does for us, so it is undoubtedly a blow and puts a little bit of a dampener on the result. 

Anyway, great performance, great result, and credit to both Warnock and the players for stepping up and delivering it. 

3 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

Parking the managerial debacle for a moment, I thought we were really good and well worth the win. A broadly sound structure out of possession complemented by an ability to progress the ball well and the emergence of some effective patterns of play.

Barron, Shinnie and Phillips were all immense, and complemented each other nicely. Barron's ball retention, passing and close control, Shinnie's endeavour and constant harrying of the opposition, and Phillips' physicality and ability to hold the ball in, were all so important to the quality of what we did. Phillips especially was tactically so important, starting high up and giving us an alternative target to hit, and giving Miovski a bit more space to play in. McGrath was a constant menace to Kilmarnock, too, and they found it really difficult to cope with his movement all afternoon.

It was also refreshing that we were so physical and snappy. It is two things that this team hasn't been, and everyone in a red jersey today played their part in that. 

There are other individual mentions I could give, particularly to Mackenzie who continues to grow in stature as a defender, and did a broadly good job against a difficult opponent in Armstrong but is also looking better game-by-game when it comes to getting forward, both starting and joining attacks. 

Shinnie's booking is immensely frustrating, though. He was absolutely imperious today and, to be honest, has made a lot of our support look stupid with their early season assessments of him and the shouts about him being "finished" and about how his "legs have gone", etc. I said it then and will say it again now: it is complete and utter nonsense. He is one player in the team who has absolutely suited Warnock's style down to the ground. It looked like a blatant foul on him, but could he have just toned it down a bit at 3-1 up with about two minutes to go, especially when we were in complete control and he would have known a booking was going to get him suspended for the semi-final? I love the guy, terrific player and captain, but he probably should have just let that one go. We don't really have anyone who can replace him and what he does for us, so it is undoubtedly a blow and puts a little bit of a dampener on the result. 

Anyway, great performance, great result, and credit to both Warnock and the players for stepping up and delivering it. 

Hear hear.

Just now, MikeAFC94 said:

Fuming 

Not in the slightest. I was lolling at Ludo's magic bean patter. 

We were soundly beaten. No complaints. 

1 hour ago, Arnie said:

Any chance the killie fan that had the foil Scottish cup could give a loan of it cause hell no be needing it 

Maybe get a shot of the inflatable sheep too. 

Aberdeen played well and seemed to be up for the game today. Odd that they will be on their third manager of this cup run by the time of the semi-final. 

I watch mostly League 1 and East of Scotland League football and the referees that come with those matches. Beaton is one of Scotland's top referees? Dearie me. 

So which one of the cheeks will Aberdeen get in the semi final draw? :rolleyes: