Shame on Aberdeen, Hearts & Hibs

1 minute ago, German Jag said:

Fully agree.

Unfortunately "Die Bravehearts" is a widely used term for scottish national teams.

Dreading the run-up to the Euros, where'll it likely be used non-stop in the German media.

Entschuldigung fur mein mangelndes wissen.. ;)

(yes, I double checked on Google Translate but my first attempt at it was not far wrong!)

I've travelled all over Europe and certainly encountered that sort of sentiment without people realising they are referencing an entirely fictional Hollywood film (starring a racist wee piece of shit) rather than history. It's no surprise Germany is part of that. It's a bit of a constant bug bear of mine when abroad and it's never easy explaining in a foreign language why something is bad.

I mean at it's (brave)heart, it's quite a flattering image really. The tenacious underdogs fighting against a foe invading their land, it's just a shame it's total horseshit.

49 minutes ago, eindhovendee said:

He's from Charleston which is close to Lochee and worryingly next to the Nou Campy.

Jose-Mourinho-598885.jpg.ba404c8d19401331ca65cb45360d2fff.jpg

Yes read something that suggested growing up near South Road.

Get the campy built and bring him home.

George Galloway was brought up in St Mary's. He just pretends that he's from Lochee to help allign himself with Celtic more.

5 hours ago, Ric said:

To be fair, I'd be pissed at that question too.

Tell you what Fritz, I'll don the kilt and shout some nonsense on a hillside, when you lot all wear Boss designed uniforms and march across the Sudetenlang. How do you like pathetic national tropes now, Fritz? Not so good, aye?

5 hours ago, German Jag said:

Fully agree.

Unfortunately "Die Bravehearts" is a widely used term for scottish national teams.

Dreading the run-up to the Euros, where'll it likely be used non-stop in the German media.

FFS lads.  Really?

We’re now going to be upset about some harmless national stereotyping? So the Swedes and Norwegians shouldn’t wear their jokey plastic Viking hats, Mexican fans can’t wear sombreros and we shouldn’t wear kilts and c u jimmy wigs and hats because they’re all reinforcing national stereotypes?!

Next you’ll be saying beautiful women shouldn’t follow Brazil and England fans shouldn’t throw plastic street furniture around.  

2 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

FFS lads.  Really?

We’re now going to be upset about some harmless national stereotyping? 

You've missed the point, it's that specific reference. It's an awful film, starring a racist, that is embarrassingly jingoistic while being historically inaccurate.

1 hour ago, Ric said:

You've missed the point, it's that specific reference. It's an awful film, starring a racist, that is embarrassingly jingoistic while being historically inaccurate.

f**k up.

3 hours ago, Ric said:

:lol: