Shame on Aberdeen, Hearts & Hibs

An argument hes right about Glass and Robson not having the same CV, but suggesting his is better than Goodwins is a fair stretch.

He genuinely believes hes too good for this division and would stroll it.

Absolutely desperate for him to get a job here now.

9 hours ago, mcginns said:

Is it just me or does he come across as being ever so slightly aff his heid

I think now that Adams has left Ross County, the bampottery ratio of Scottish football managers has fallen dramatically.

Come on Dave, get the deal done. Scottish football needs it.

2022, Hertha Berlin appointed Felix Magath in an attempt to avoid relegation.

Magath brought in Fotheringham as his assistant, they'd worked together previously at Fulham.

For a couple of games he was shunted into the spotlight (Magath was Corona positive) and various articles / interviews were published.

Was briefly seen as a "hero" as Hertha got a valuable 3-0 win against Hoffenheim. In the end accounted for nothing as Hertha got relegated and Magath  & Fotheringham dissapeared.

Also came across a bit 'strange' in German during interviews.

Had a go at a journalist who asked him if his team needed maybe "a bit of Braveheart style Scottishness". 

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Absolutely desperate for him to get a job here now.

I'm fully on board our banter saga and all for him taking over if Martindale steps down. Managed to convince myself he'd have a good season with us then jump ship somewhere like Hibs/Aberdeen/Hearts, and lose the plot when nothing goes right.

However he doesn't seem like the kind of guy who's ego would let him manage in the Scottish Championship.

It now just feels like a big game of Russian Roulette hoping that he gets a job in the top flight very soon but desperately hoping and praying he doesn't land up at your club.

Edited by djchapsticks

21 games as a manager with 10 defeats.

If he is so well regarded outside Scotland why hasn't he got a job in England or Germany? Being a perma raging scotsman has been a successful model for many abroad. I guess the effect doesn't really work in Scotland because you see c***s twice as mental walking around every day.

22 hours ago, PSJ.84 said:

Totally normal imo. 

So extreme is his no-nonsense approach that it has circled right back round and turned into nonsense.

Like Chapsticks says, it feels inevitable he's getting a job here eventually. No chance it's Aberdeen but he really does have Dundee written all over him.

On 10/03/2024 at 10:48, Miguel Sanchez said:

Alright which one of you works at the Record and is running these articles trying to get him a job? I'm fully behind it, I just think we could help 

I only do the horoscopes.

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Definitely a hint of a George Galloway accent in there. Is he fae Lochee as well?

He's from Charleston which is close to Lochee and worryingly next to the Nou Campy.

Jose-Mourinho-598885.jpg.ba404c8d19401331ca65cb45360d2fff.jpg

On 10/03/2024 at 11:29, German Jag said:

Had a go at a journalist who asked him if his team needed maybe "a bit of Braveheart style Scottishness".

To be fair, I'd be pissed at that question too.

Tell you what Fritz, I'll don the kilt and shout some nonsense on a hillside, when you lot all wear Boss designed uniforms and march across the Sudetenlang. How do you like pathetic national tropes now, Fritz? Not so good, aye?

9 minutes ago, Ric said:

To be fair, I'd be pissed at that question too.

Tell you what Fritz, I'll don the kilt and shout some nonsense on a hillside, when you lot all wear Boss designed uniforms and march across the Sudetenlang. How do you like pathetic national tropes now, Fritz? Not so good, aye?

Fully agree.

Unfortunately "Die Bravehearts" is a widely used term for scottish national teams.

Dreading the run-up to the Euros, where'll it likely be used non-stop in the German media.