Livi Lions maul the Stags - Game of the Year

48 minutes ago, Freedom Farter said:

Sangare plays more conservatively at left back, less often going forward, and he positions himself more narrowly defensively. If you think of Murray's first goal in the recent home draw with County, Obileye's lack of pace was exposed by a through pass into our left channel for Murray. Sangare tends to occupy that space and cut out many of those opposition passes. 

There's also a knock-on effect to Sangare positioning himself narrowly in that it allows Obileye to be more central and Nottingham to then move into the right channel. This means Nottingham is better positioned to cover across into the right back area when Brandon goes forward.

Penrice might be better used at left mid in the 4-2-3-1 with Sangare or (once he returns) Montaño at left back.

The lack of pace wouldn't matter so much if they'd learn to stay in line with one another, and not play the opposition striker onside.

Talking about lack of pace, wondering if Devlin will be back in the starting line up after coming on as a sub against St Mirren, hopefully not.

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

The lack of pace wouldn't matter so much if they'd learn to stay in line with one another, and not play the opposition striker onside.

Talking about lack of pace, wondering if Devlin will be back in the starting line up after coming on as a sub against St Mirren, hopefully not.

Nottingham was good against St Mirren so you'd think he'll keep his place then surely there won't be a return to the back three. Not to start the match, anyway.

10 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Actually I'm not sure the off-side trap will work against someone with the burst of speed like Murray. With the lack of speed with our available CB's; a striker timing his run right means that its almost certainly one on one with the goalkeeper.

I'd rather our defenders held back and dealt with the threat as it occurred. We looked pretty solid at corners against St Mirren; winning pretty much everything in the air; as far as I recall Jordan White was County's main threat there but, as far as I can recall, he's tall but cant jump for toffee.

14 minutes ago, Durnford said:

Actually I'm not sure the off-side trap will work against someone with the burst of speed like Murray. With the lack of speed with our available CB's; a striker timing his run right means that its almost certainly one on one with the goalkeeper.

I'd rather our defenders held back and dealt with the threat as it occurred. We looked pretty solid at corners against St Mirren; winning pretty much everything in the air; as far as I recall Jordan White was County's main threat there but, as far as I can recall, he's tall but cant jump for toffee.

White actually scored with a header last season, but was offside.:lol: He's a disrupter at set pieces, which helps make space for Murray to sneak in and score. White was a bit of a marmite player for us, personally i liked him but was a few around me that thought he was useless. I remember giving an old fella next to me a nudge when White blasted a shot into the top corner hitting the underside of the bar on the way in, saying to him, did you see who scored, his reply was "aye but he almost missed it". 🤣

Was excited about heading up to this for my first away day in dingwall. But, since it's my birthday, the wife has booked us to go out for dinner then to a comedy show...I've already told her not to get upset at me checking the scores all afternoon

5 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Was excited about heading up to this for my first away day in dingwall. But, since it's my birthday, the wife has booked us to go out for dinner then to a comedy show...I've already told her not to get upset at me checking the scores all afternoon

When's the decree nisi?

21 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

Our defence promises to be a good laugh.

18 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:

The joys of marriage. Her birthday, yep can't go to a Livi game, fair enough, kids birthdays the same, again fair do's, our birthdays though, nope still can't go do what we want to do. 

5 minutes ago, Pete the Jakey said:

Our defence promises to be a good laugh.

What genre e.g. Slapstick comedy; Dark comedy;. Self-deprecating humour; Romantic comedy (probably not); High comedy; Situational comedy; Parody; Surreal humour;  Tragicomedy; Farce; Wordplay comedy (again unlikely); Deadpan comedy; Observational comedy

1 minute ago, Durnford said:

What genre e.g. Slapstick comedy; Dark comedy;. Self-deprecating humour; Romantic comedy (probably not); High comedy; Situational comedy; Parody; Surreal humour;  Tragicomedy; Farce; Wordplay comedy (again unlikely); Deadpan comedy; Observational comedy

😂 All of the above!

1 hour ago, Cptn Hooch said:

I think I can trump that. My daughter is dancing at a Ukrainian Benefit concert thing at a cathedral in Edinburgh. I’m destined to yell in affirmation as Tete Yengii bangs one in just as someone on stage mentions Putin. 

2 hours ago, mozam76 said:

I think I can trump that. My daughter is dancing at a Ukrainian Benefit concert thing at a cathedral in Edinburgh. I’m destined to yell in affirmation as Tete Yengii bangs one in just as someone on stage mentions Putin. 

Trump and Putin in the same post, just need to sneeze for the hattrick of douchebags..............netanyachoo.

This game should not be played. It should be put to a vote.

Premiership supporters, I ask you. Next season, would you rather be able to visit the Mallard, the Caledonian, and a fucking Wimpy (with the bonus of an evening in Inverness), or have to drink in a shopping centre?

Do the right thing. Vote for Uncle Roy's brave lads.

Edited by VincentGuerin

22 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

This game should not be played. It should be put to a vote.

Premiership supporters, I ask you. Next season, would you rather be able to visit the Mallard, the Caledonian, and a fucking Wimpy (with the bonus of an evening in Inverness), or have to drink in a shopping centre?

Do the right thing. Vote for Uncle Roy's brave lads.

I vote for you to learn how to behave on a bus. 

12 hours ago, JD and associates said:

Where is the best place to park please ladies and gents? 

If you head into town from Maryburgh (the south) after the traffic lights there are car parks on the right.  If they are full continue over the cross roads and there is another car park on the right behind the chipper.  Failing that Tesco is next.  Shouldn't be a problem.