The Spartans v The Methil Milan

141B9494-5A8C-462E-9C6E-E3C0330D1AC3.jpeg.6200590c52ef3f6949052a3d9ee2fce9.jpeg

With the “Big Dick” energy hitting Ainslie Park today we see there’s been a few changes after last weeks performance against Forfar, Healy, Lyon and Millar all dropped and the guys that came in for them, Shepherd, Walls and Hamilton all starting!!!

It looks quite an attack mixed lineup, dropping a defensive midfielder for an attacking one and Hamilton and Shepherd changed the game when they came on last week, happy and confident with that!!!

Th Spartans 1-1 East Fife 

Alan Trouten (23 mins)

69C628A7-5D91-413C-8E74-4754654A6FCA.jpeg

Who would have thought playing a veteran forward up front would reap such recent rewards, eh Grieg???

379D44AB-00B9-4DDB-A4BB-0622AEAB6690.jpeg.6d9318758bb758ebe81cfa3315e3f8f7.jpeg

The Spartans 1-3 East Fife

Alan Trouten (85 mins)

Over the piece , I thought that EF ran out deserved winners but I was impressed with The Spartans pressing in the first 20 minutes but the away defence stood tall and weathered the onslaught, I believe possession stats to that point showed 68/32 in Spartans’ favour. After the equaliser from Grandad Alan, the home time looked a bit shell shocked and from then on in, EF  ruled the game, forcing an error from Armstrong , who presented Fash a gift which he gladly accepted. 
The lead up to the 2nd goal from Trouten was well worked, young Lyon and Sheps combining well before the former put Sheps through. The goalie parried the shot but Grandad Alan was on hand to tap in the rebound for his 4th goal in the last 3 games, these last 2 not coming from penalties, for a change.

Performance wise, I thought that the back 4 were very solid, kept Henderson very subdued, with Newton seemingly improving week after week now after going off the boil for a while. The midfield was lively and came right back into things after the equaliser. Walls I thought was excellent with McManus also at his best. Trouten I think is more effective when he plays up front. 

Upfront, Sheps was just Sheps at his best. Holding up the ball when needed and creating the 3rd goal while Fash was slightly subdued, probably due to him being bedridden most of last week but still took his goal well. Like last week, the subs also played their part when they came on. 

Things are looking up there are still 9 games to play and in this league, strange things can happen as we see week in week out. Win next week and 4th place is within reach. But like the gospel hymn goes “ one day at a time sweet Jesus”

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Best performance of the season so far.

Agreed. We've wiped the floor with some of the dross but that was an excellent performance against a good Spartans side. We look like a different team.

Excellent win despite going a goal down in first 10mins and Spartans having a moment when a player goes down their injured for the length of the time they scored their goal we got back into it and second half scored two goals that was deserved in front of a big away crowd of the season!