Dunup v Aberdoon

Great performance last night.  Aberdeen look awful and hopefully go down - hate their fans and their sense of entitlement. McInnes and Docherty prob pissing themselves laughing and rightly so after being hounded out of there. 

Thought Tiffoney was great ,  I'd written him off and pleased to eat humble pie last night. Sylla , Cameron and McCowan all excellent as well. 

Regarding the penalty, I ended up in the Coxy as the Derry had sold out at noon and was right behind the incident. We had a clear as day view of it and myself and the fans around me were screaming for a penalty for a blatant shove. I don't understand how anyone can dispute it. The still image shows that as his arm was outstretched on the shove, the ball hit his arm. It's a penalty and VAR did It's job.

I'd argue the handball call is harsh for the pen bt that's because I hate th handball rule

It was however the most blatant two handed shove I've seen so no idea why it's really a debate 

Great game by us and we've now reached the points total I had at start of season for staying up 🍻

Still think top 6 is a step too far but will happily take a 7-8th . We been very pleasing to watch on a whole an I've just enjoyed the season much more than I thought i would when we lost to airdrie back in July

2 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Regarding the penalty, I ended up in the Coxy as the Derry had sold out at noon and was right behind the incident. We had a clear as day view of it and myself and the fans around me were screaming for a penalty for a blatant shove. I don't understand how anyone can dispute it. The still image shows that as his arm was outstretched on the shove, the ball hit his arm. It's a penalty and VAR did It's job.

Fans are maybe just conditioned to shout for any old crap as a penalty.   There's all kind of jostling in penalty areas at set pieces, and 95%+ of handballs are not deliberate, and in the essence of the game should be ignored (worked for 100 plus years and nobody complained too much).

However, Infantino and his IFAB merry band, along with VAR have changed football forever...........and are ruining it.

We have been on the receiving end of a lot of these pishy handball decisions of late, but last night it ensured the right outcome in how the general flow of the game went.

Thought we were excellent in the first half but started the second half very sloppy and I was getting a wee bit concerned tbh. The penalty changed the second half dynamic and we were the better side again despite a wee flurry from the Dons in added on time. Cameron and Sylla top class with McCowan and Portales not far behind. Main and Dodgson having their best game in dark blue so far.

I really expected a lot more from Aberdeen after the cup win on Saturday but they were very poor. I've been going to Dens since season 67/68 and this was probably the worst Dons performance I've seen in all that time. I don't think they will be in the play offs but they will definitely have to get the finger out to avoid it. Dundee looked hungrier and fitter all over the park which must be a real worry for those Dons watching.

1 hour ago, ScottyDee1893 said:

I really expected a lot more from Aberdeen after the cup win on Saturday but they were very poor. I've been going to Dens since season 67/68 and this was probably the worst Dons performance I've seen in all that time. I don't think they will be in the play offs but they will definitely have to get the finger out to avoid it. Dundee looked hungrier and fitter all over the park which must be a real worry for those Dons watching.

I said similar to my mate.

Dens over the years often a happy hunting ground, but I have still seen quite a few defeats there - including the era when it was Caniggia/Nemsadze vs the likes of Jamie McQuilken/Leigh Hinds.

Last night was probably the most stark difference between the quality on show between both sides that I have ever witnessed in this fixture. Maybe it's doing Dundee a disservice to suggest the main reason is how bad Aberdeen were as opposed to the home side being excellent - as ever, probably a bit of both.

5 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I said similar to my mate.

Dens over the years often a happy hunting ground, but I have still seen quite a few defeats there - including the era when it was Caniggia/Nemsadze vs the likes of Jamie McQuilken/Leigh Hinds.

Last night was probably the most stark difference between the quality on show between both sides that I have ever witnessed in this fixture. Maybe it's doing Dundee a disservice to suggest the main reason is how bad Aberdeen were as opposed to the home side being excellent - as ever, probably a bit of both.

It definitely is a bit of both as you suggest.

I've seen this fixture play out quite a few times and yes we have had our wins against you but they were always closely contested and a graft. That was so far from the case with Aberdeen last night.

6 hours ago, The Master said:

I thought we were excellent in possession last night. Our passing in midfield was the best I’ve seen all season, and we really should have taken more of the chances it created (and been out of sight at half time).

Odd, I felt we struggled to create any clear cut opportunities and without the penalty feel we'd be talking about a frustrating 0-0. Also I mind thinking during the game that with Main and Tiffoney (0 goals in 9 and 3 in 25, respectively) we never looked like scoring.

58 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Maybe it's doing Dundee a disservice to suggest the main reason is how bad Aberdeen were as opposed to the home side being excellent - as ever, probably a bit of both.

We're having a good season but I don't think that was us anywhere near our best. Aberdeen TV commentators agreed we played better football at Pittodrie. Aberdeen offered absolutely nothing and we still only scraped past them.

1 hour ago, Alert Mongoose said:

My view on the penalty is that it was half a penalty for handball and half a penalty for pushing.

(0.5 + 0.5)=1

Where; 1 = Penalty.

My maths has it as 1 pen for push, 1 pen for handball.

By that reckoning Dundee can have a free pen in any game against Aberdeen next season.... oh!

Understandably a lot being said about how poor Aberdeen were.  I think that’s a a bit of a disservice to Sylla in particular who totally dominated midfield.  He never gave Aberdeen a chance to perform.

From an Aberdeen perspective they appear to rely far too heavily on Shinnie IMHO.

We play the pretty intricate football cos of McCowan and Cameron roaming into pockets and pulling the strings.

We can’t have those 2 in centre midfield and just running about into space without Sylla - he’s like their big brother who just goes around protecting them, covering their mistakes and generally being a shining example to them. He also dug us out in the first half when Miovski got his sight at goal 

Boateng might be that guy one day but is still young so doesn’t have that consistency in his locker yet. 

6 hours ago, Alert Mongoose said:

My view on the penalty is that it was half a penalty for handball and half a penalty for pushing.

(0.5 + 0.5)=1

Where; 1 = Penalty.

There's something in that. MacKenzie might have got away with the handball on its own, and he might have got away with the push if there'd been no handball. But the ref could well have decided he didn't deserve the benefit of the doubt for both.
Steven Thompson and James Mc
Fadden put it well on Sportscene. MacKenzie's arm was in an unnatural position because he was pushing Portales in the back, so it should have been a penalty one way or the other.

12 hours ago, Der Panzer said:

We play the pretty intricate football cos of McCowan and Cameron roaming into pockets and pulling the strings.

We can’t have those 2 in centre midfield and just running about into space without Sylla - he’s like their big brother who just goes around protecting them, covering their mistakes and generally being a shining example to them. He also dug us out in the first half when Miovski got his sight at goal 

Boateng might be that guy one day but is still young so doesn’t have that consistency in his locker yet. 

Funnily enough...Sylla had his worst game for us against Aberdeen and was playing alongside Boateng. Sylla got chopped at half time and I thought that we wouldn't see him starting many games from then on. The exact opposite has happened in that Docherty seems to have lost trust in Boateng.

You are spot on though Sylla is the enforcer just winning balls and tidying things up letting Cameron and McCowan excel in what they do best.

Edited by Pens_Dark