Alloa v Kelty

15 hours ago, Waspie said:

It was so frustrating earlier this season to look at the attacking talent in that squad and yet see such insipid, disjointed performances. Massive credit to Andy Graham for turning that around, it's been terrific to watch. Well done lads! 

This is it in a nutshell. We knew Rice had recruited a decent squad, it was frustrating to see them underperforming. Squad is actually playing to their capability now, and then some. The transformation in Taylor Steven in particular, hes a revelation now for us. We have so much attacking threat it seems.

Defence still needs work, and with some real key players only on loan there will be activity in summer which will be Andys next big challenge as a manager.

The challenges however are lining up in a sequence that's perfect for his development. 

Still a lot of football to be played but we look good for a playoff spot right now. 

We have as good a chance as any now of making the playoffs its in our hands , We were always going to improve after early season teething  , one game in hand over both cove and The mo with the latter looking more likely than the former  , Montrose definitely on great form like us , cove look less likely but you can't count them out , but we can move 7 points clear of them if we win our next two games the latter being Kelty again 

its shaping up to be quite a finish for the 3 into 2 , bring it on ..

2 hours ago, Oweny said:

An excellent attacking display yesterday and the difference in terms of fitness, movement and organisation in the team since AG took over has been incredible.

I have missed a few games but can honestly say that was the best 90 mins from and Alloa team I have witnessed since pre pandemic times when we were sitting mid table in the championship during Peter grants first season. 

Not a failure in our ranks yesterday and probably deserved to score a lot more goals . 

Roll on next week 

With LD now thrown into the mix and Quinn looking like he's upped his game (with the competition and space we are creating), both added to Wales, Steven and an improving Sutherland the attacking potency we have is as high as it's been for a long time.

Andy G uses the word often, but the biggest difference to me from BR's team is confidence.

Edited by printer

42 minutes ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

This is it in a nutshell. We knew Rice had recruited a decent squad, it was frustrating to see them underperforming. Squad is actually playing to their capability now, and then some. The transformation in Taylor Steven in particular, hes a revelation now for us. We have so much attacking threat it seems.

Defence still needs work, and with some real key players only on loan there will be activity in summer which will be Andys next big challenge as a manager.

The challenges however are lining up in a sequence that's perfect for his development. 

Still a lot of football to be played but we look good for a playoff spot right now. 

Spot on and I'm sure Andy is already speaking to players. I expect some good recruitment from him, but we'll see.

We do. Even a couple of weeks ago, I commented to a friend that I didn't think we were good enough to go up through the playoffs. Now I reckon we have a fighting chance.

Edited by printer

Noticed some of the young fans were getting searched before they were going into the ground. Have a few of them been banned? Seemed to be a fair amount less than usual 

20 hours ago, Rory said:

Guessing PJ injured in the warm up? Don't remember Ogayi having much to do

Heard Paddy Connolly saying to fans behind the goal that he had a knee problem. 

17 hours ago, Kevchenko said:

Reece Lyon looked pretty good but not much outside of that. 

Enjoyed him falling over after a slight tap on the shoulder heading towards the corner flag screaming at the referee trying to buy a free kick, then getting verbals from the crowd. To which his reply was “You’ve paid to watch me” Not a great response when 2-0 down 😀

Headed along to the game yesterday. Good performance from Alloa, look a real threat going forward with good young attacking players playing with confidence. Kelty had a spell of possession at start of the second half but mostly in front of the Alloa defence. 

Great to see how Taylor Steven is developing in his loan spell.

www.youtube.com/@DerekTaylor84

3 hours ago, Rory said:

Noticed some of the young fans were getting searched before they were going into the ground. Have a few of them been banned? Seemed to be a fair amount less than usual 

They'll be high fiving each other in the main stand for a job well done. Heard other fans who follow the team home and away were threatened with being banned too for absolutely nothing.

Edited by Father Barrys Sign (Top Half)

1 hour ago, Father Barrys Sign (Top Half) said:

They'll be high fiving each other in the main stand for a job well done. Heard other fans who follow the team home and away were threatened with being banned too for absolutely nothing.

Shocking to tar all fans with the same brush.

I thought the young fans coming in singing and trying to get an atmosphere going was a good thing for the club. Just the ones who were purely there to cause trouble with opposing fans needed dealt with. Seen other clubs like Peterhead made a new stand for their young fans to encourage them. 

The club should be doing all it can to encourage more people into the ground, not trying to ban people doing nothing wrong.