Semi Final: Rangers vs Hearts

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, 54_and_counting said:

As much as you want to believe, it actually won't

Bear*  in mind that your opinion on a situation almost certainly won’t accurately reflect all Rangers fans (and possibly not even Rangers fans in general))

* No pun originally intended but I’m pleased with it nonetheless 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

17 hours ago, kingjoey said:

You’ve no idea what I’m getting at? You are normally a sensible poster on here, but if you really believe that the SFA don’t take any cognisance of what Rangers want, I’m surprised at you. Of course the SFA have the final say on what each club will receive, but that’s on the back of what Rangers say they want and need.

Imagine Rangers fans will be in the "Rangers End".

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Bear*  in mind that your opinion on a situation almost certainly won’t accurately reflect all Rangers fans (and possibly not even Rangers fans in general))

* No pun originally intended but I’m pleased with it nonetheless 

I dont remember much uproar about semi finals featuring any teams in recent times, the issue always comes when a team barely sells 14k for a semi final but all of a sudden demand over 22k for a final

20 minutes ago, PossilYM said:

Imagine Rangers fans will be in the "Rangers End".

I would imagine the Rangers fans will occupy around two thirds of the stadium. And I would imagine we'll hear about Bobby Sands throughout the match.

15 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Hopefully Hearts get 50% share of the tickets as they should and this pisses off rangers fans even more. 

There's a thread on follow follow about the allocation split and most people favour a 50/50 split.

20 minutes ago, AJF said:

As I suspected, 50/50 split confirmed.

The tooth fairy exists after all.

This isn’t a 50/50 split because it’s a neutral venue and ‘the right thing to do’.

10 minutes ago, kent_don said:

This isn’t a 50/50 split because it’s a neutral venue and ‘the right thing to do’.

Whatever the reasoning is for the 50/50 split, the fact that there is one simply backs up my earlier claim that Rangers have no say over what the split is. That was laughed at, with the inference made that the SFA would simply just grant Rangers whatever we wanted. So I thought it apt to poke fun at the tooth fairy reference.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

Sunday at 3pm. 50/50 split confirmed

Given the agreement the club have come to it's now all about ensuring they put in place a good system to sell the tickets. None of this 1 per person or ST pish for weeks so that people with less loyalty points have to wait it out before being able to get with family members. They need to be creative with how they sell them to ensure we get rid of the entire allocation. 

1 hour ago, Hendricks said:

Given the agreement the club have come to it's now all about ensuring they put in place a good system to sell the tickets. None of this 1 per person or ST pish for weeks so that people with less loyalty points have to wait it out before being able to get with family members. They need to be creative with how they sell them to ensure we get rid of the entire allocation. 

ST's shouldn't be priority in this case IMO. Figure out the LP cut off for 21k and open it up to everyone who qualifies. Means ST holders can sit with people who are maybe mates but semi regular attendees. Also means nothing like different phases.

1 hour ago, Tony Wonder said:

ST's shouldn't be priority in this case IMO. Figure out the LP cut off for 21k and open it up to everyone who qualifies. Means ST holders can sit with people who are maybe mates but semi regular attendees. Also means nothing like different phases.

Agree with this. No point in fucking about with four stages and folk waiting for mates to qualify etc.

Find the cut-off, give everyone in there a week or whatever to buy a ticket, then drop it if there are any left till it sells out.

Hearts fucked up the 2022 final by over-complicating with ST holders and people who had attended the semi. A couple of guys I know who were on decent LP numbers missed out while some joker who had only ever been to the semi could buy a ticket. Poor.

Just keep it simple and use the Loyalty Points system. This is literally what it's for.

If you give the season ticket holders the chance to buy 4 tickets each that'll be fine as most season ticket holders will only be interested in buying their own seat.

The other season ticket holders can share the tickets out. As long as Hearts fans get the tickets then that is fine.

Edited by HeartsOfficialMoaner