Semi Final: Aberdeen vs Celtic

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've never once seen a referee allow "play to develop" like that if they see a foul in the box on the defending side.

Not once since VAR came in.

Nick Walsh (I think) did it against us in a game against Hearts earlier this season. Well, the supposed foul wasn’t in the box, but I fail to see what difference that makes. 

Just now, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Nick Walsh (I think) did it against us in a game against Hearts earlier this season. Well, the supposed foul wasn’t in the box, but I fail to see what difference that makes. 

You got a clip?

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I've never once seen a referee allow "play to develop" like that if they see a foul in the box on the defending side.

That’s more of a slight on those referees than Don Robertson. 

It’s very much what referees should be doing, lest a perfectly legitimate goal/penalty is ruled-out because a decision to give a free kick to the defending team was wrong. 

Edited by The Master

4 minutes ago, bob_mcshug said:

That decision is wild. If he's deemed it a free kick why allow Aberdeen the chance to continue to attack/score when they've allegedly already committed a foul.

2 hours ago, The Master said:

For the same reason that assistants flag late.

Play is allowed to develop so that if the ball ends up in the net or an attacker is fouled in the box, the goal/penalty can subsequently be awarded if a VAR review determines that the original free kick should not have been given. 

I’m going to set a new record for self-quoting the same post at this rate. 

7 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Is it the high foot one? He blows almost straight after that and signals with his hand for a foul?

4 minutes ago, The Master said:

That’s more of a sleight on those referees than Don Robertson. 

It’s very much what referees should be doing, lest a perfectly legitimate goal/penalty is ruled-out because a decision to give a free kick to the defending team was wrong. 

It's just remarkable they're able to ref this way when it benefits Celtic/Rangers, yet in Ross County v Livingston act completely different.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is it the high foot one? He blows almost straight after that and signals with his hand for a foul?

Nope, the Mandron one at about 2.30 on the highlights.

The second of our disallowed goals that day. 

That was tense! Great scottish cup semi for the neutral. Got to give Aberdeen credit for their performance and challenge in coming back from the brink of defeat. 

From a Celtic point of view, we controlled most of the game but didn’t quite have that decisive instinct in the final third that we’ve been showing recently. 

McGregor is so far off it at the moment and our defence looks vulnerable. 

Honourable mentions to Forrest and O’Riley who gave us something to build on. 

Big Joe trying to convert the penalty gave me palpitations but made up for in in the end, that guy deserves a great send-off from football. 

I don’t give Jimmy T much hope with THE most uninspiring and apathetic fans in scottish football. 

3 hours ago, S7C said:

Thought Aberdeen played well. Should have had a penalty but justice was done in them getting the goal at the end.

I honestly don't have a clue what VAR is doing, or what the communication process is, or what the f**k constitutes a penalty or a handball or offside anymore. It is a fucking shambles.

And I'm saying that as a supporter of a team that just benefited from it.

What are we doing? This is killing the game.

I don't believe you would have posted that if you lost today.

6 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Pick that oot Paddy.

This is interesting🤔 Good to see the word Paddy is allowed on here but my post last week which rhymed with dicks rewarded me with a warning which I was informed will stay on my record forever😂 Maybe i'm just not in the correct clique..........@Bully Wee Villa

1 minute ago, jimmy boo said:

This is interesting🤔 Good to see the word Paddy is allowed on here but my post last week which rhymed with dicks rewarded me with a warning which I was informed will stay on my record forever😂 Maybe i'm just not in the correct clique..........@Bully Wee Villa

You don’t celebrate St Micks day in March do you? 

23 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Exactly. Refs never let play develop when they see a foul on a defender or keeper deep in their own box. The chances of that situation developing in favour of the victim are absolutely minuscule to zero, so they call it immediately. 

It’s not often I’m in agreement with Michael Stewart but today is one of those days. It’s an incredibly soft foul and the way it was awarded was bizarre.

Thankfully we found a way to score in open play which will take the attention away from the officials and this decision. Maybe.

Totally agree with what you said about Roos too. He visibly wilted between the sticks and his attempts were lame and half hearted. 

Edited by bpdon

3 hours ago, bpdon said:

Woh, woh, woh. Rewind. Not only did CCV hoof Hoillet on the back of the calf (hint: that means Hoillet was between CCV and the ball)…. you went even further in your earlier post and said that it was a foul on CCV because Hoillet came into his space. It’s something stronger than coffee you have been smelling. 

Probably his oxters.

2 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

I'm aware of all that. Irish diaspora?? In the words of Roy Keane, Do me a favour. A bus overtook us on the way down today, kings coaches from Aberdeen, aye, that Irish diaspora moving into the noth East of Scotland. Awa n shite. 

They are about as Irish as spaghetti.