Semi Final: Aberdeen vs Celtic

4 minutes ago, jimmy boo said:

Easy tiger...the thought police will be onto you pronto!

I’m sure we can all agree: f**k Celtic and all who sail in it.

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Melanius is just annoyed because Paddy is his brother. 😉

Keep it in the family.

22 minutes ago, The Master said:

I’m going to set a new record for self-quoting the same post at this rate. 

You can quote yourself as much as you want, you're still talking pish. 

Never in the history of football do referees routinely allow attacking teams time to develop attacks in the box after fouling the defending team's players. 

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Melanius is just annoyed because Paddy is his brother. 😉

He's not the one I have the Bully beef with. Anyway enough derailment of the thread....carry on.

19 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Nope, the Mandron one at about 2.30 on the highlights.

The second of our disallowed goals that day. 

The one that wasnt in the box and had the ref blow for a foul before your striker shot?

Edited by RandomGuy.

4 hours ago, pozbaird said:

…because the authorities want the box office Buddies to qualify for the 5th pre-qualifying rounds of the Intertoto UEFA European Conference Diddy League of Diddies.

True...never a penalty 

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

The one that was neither in the box and had the ref blow for a foul before your striker shot?

1) I have already questioned why it’s any different if the supposed foul is inside or outside the box. Can’t see the relevance of that.

2) You only said you’d never seen a ref let the play develop before giving the foul. Are you saying the ref today let the play develop further than Walsh did in that example. 

FFS! You’re a great goalpost mover at the best of time, but you’re excelling yourself on this one. 

@The Master

I now understand what you are saying. However what I’ve seen so far it remains inconclusive that the Dons player fouled the Celtic player.,

Why is it that the VAR footage showing the “foul” on the Celtic player was not shown on TV to confirm the on-field decision? I think if we had evidence to support that the ref called it correctly most would accept it. 

I’ve only seen the challenge from one angle and it just looks like both players challenged for the ball but the Celtic player lay on the ground holding his leg while the Aberdeen player and everyone else got on with the game.

It remains my opinion that both claims for penalties in each half (Aberdeen) would have been given the other way. 

Would happily never see Liam Scales play a game of football again. Also, at the start of the initial attack that led to the Aberdeen non penalty, the striker was offside, Taylor was going mental about it at the time and went to both the ref and linesman during the VAR check. 

Looking at the penalty incident now, I, like so many others have never seen a referee allow play to continue after an attacking player fouls a defender in the box. It bears no similarity to a linesman keeping his flag down for a possible offside until the move has finished. Anyway really proud of my team, and I have absolutely no doubt that if Warnock, who I was happy to accept up until his first press conference, hadn’t come into our club, we’d be in the top six. Great substitutions by Peter Leven today, with Hoilett in particular, apart from his miss, putting in a wonderful performance. I thought Connor Barron should have come off at least five minutes before he did as he was clearly struggling. A word of support for Ryan Duncan and Cillian Phillips. They must be feeling shit, but it’s the luck of the draw. I haven’t seen them back, and I saw them side on, but didn’t think either were particularly bad penalties.

5 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

Would happily never see Liam Scales play a game of football again. Also, at the start of the initial attack that led to the Aberdeen non penalty, the striker was offside, Taylor was going mental about it at the time and went to both the ref and linesman during the VAR check. 

No he wasn’t, there was a Celtic player on the opposite side of the pitch playing him on.

2 hours ago, Bialystock said:

Just because the p***k cost a couple of million does not him  a player make. You defence is shite and he's at the heart of it. 

Aye, football definitely isn't for you.

2 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Its OK. You don't have to justify yourself. There will be heaps of celtic fans that haven't left the East end of Glasgow that are "irish'  Same as Rangers fans that think they have a connection with Northern Ireland. The rest of us will never understand why. But each to your own. 

I know, but it's been a pleasure calling out your silliness.

1 hour ago, Enrico Pallazzo said:

I come on here to to express how proud I was of The Dons today, despite the defeat, only to find pages and pages of shite about the Irish diaspora in Scotland.

I despair sometimes, I really do.

It was your fellow Dons supporter that had an issue with them.

43 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

1) I have already questioned why it’s any different if the supposed foul is inside or outside the box. Can’t see the relevance of that.

2) You only said you’d never seen a ref let the play develop before giving the foul. Are you saying the ref today let the play develop further than Walsh did in that example. 

FFS! You’re a great goalpost mover at the best of time, but you’re excelling yourself on this one. 

I said I'd never seen a ref play on like that when a defender is fouled in the box.

You're the one changing what I said.

1 hour ago, bob_mcshug said:

You can quote yourself as much as you want, you're still talking pish. 

Never in the history of football do referees routinely allow attacking teams time to develop attacks in the box after fouling the defending team's players. 

The introduction of VAR must have passed you by. 

Referees can and do allow play to continue before blowing the whistle so that if a goal is scored or a penalty is conceded, VAR can review the foul to determine if it should have been given. 

If it’s given too early and turns out not to be a foul, the goal or penalty can’t be given. 

Edited by The Master

Watched most of game. Didn't expect that from the Dons. Both sides with some kamikaze play at times. WTF was Angus MacDonald thinking there?

Hope Hearts show the same attitude tomorrow. Wins are rare against the young Sevco though and we have our own bombscare merchants ay able to sell the jerseys with a brainfart.

3 hours ago, AJF said:

Celtic got a pretty similar penalty awarded for them against Hearts when Kyogo threw his leg across the front of the defender without trying to play the ball and initiated contact. So there is precedent there for that type of challenge being a penalty.

I'm not convinced that you have an understanding of the word 'precedent'. Previous penalty awards, or any other decision made on a football pitch, don't set precedents.