Dundee v Whoever They're Playing This Weekend (Or maybe that should the the other way round)

3 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

morale

Morelos….. incredible to think he’s only 27. Not stone. But years old. 

Having a good striker who can score goals is vital for title wins especially in big games.
This season the top scorer for The Rangers is Tavernier. 

Scott Wright has one goal so far. 😂 

That club is in a fcuking mess on and off the field.

Not getting CL prize money won’t help the bean counters. 😂 

43 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

There was no "mind games" from Clement, his empty bald head was just filled with rage and he had a bitter rant because he's a shite loser.

He never lost.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Stewart, as both of our clubs know, was an absolute standout player miles ahead of where McCowan is now. I don't think McCowan would go for that sort of money, though I might be wrong because you just need to catch the right club at the right time.

I’ve posted on this relating to Tiffoney vs Stewart on the Dundee thread - but I think McCowan has had a couple seasons adapting to top flight football and is now flying.

He is one of the best players on the park, win lose or draw, every week including opposition players. He’s our most important player by a long stretch and comparisons with Stewart are not unwarranted - Stewart was not a stand out at Dens immediately either but got up to speed and grew into it and had 1 fantastic season before we lost him.

Edited by Der Panzer
For clarity I’m not comparing Tiff to Stewart as a player on Dee thread - more about period of adapting to step up - I’m not an idiot

I think the key difference between McCowan and Stewart is that Stewart was regularly scoring 25 yard worldies and making defenders look silly.  McCowan maybe actually has more overall influence on the games, but Stewart caught the eye more and goals drive up the value.  It's all irrelevant though as he's said he wants to stay and I can't imagine anyone is going to offer enough to replace his value to the team.

Cameron is the only player I can see us selling at the moment.  I would hope not, but if he did go we'd surely have to be looking at our record sale, i.e., over £1.5m.  Not actually sure who'd pay that as I'm not sure he'd interest the OF and he'd get bullied in England - maybe a similar career to Gauld in Portugal or something would suit him.

Edited by stu2910

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

Stewart, as both of our clubs know, was an absolute standout player miles ahead of where McCowan is now. I don't think McCowan would go for that sort of money, though I might be wrong because you just need to catch the right club at the right time.

Sorry for double quote - in a timely fashion the SPFL have released a Luke McCowan compilation on socials - if you squint your eyes it really could be a Greg Stewart reel. Less of the showboaty stuff (which I unashamedly loved) but just as effective imo.

6 hours ago, eindhovendee said:

Rangers are 4 points better off.

This is the split last season. 

Screenshot_20240418_065354_Chrome.thumb.jpg.b6ce3a30457b21399cf5bd00e7f1700f.jpg

Sitting in 10th with 31 points, -22 GD after 33 games and went on to get relegated, you say?

image.png.17fc439d70525f07187fa7ae5b721ac5.png
Excellent. 

Clement's catastrophically bald head has rolled off his neck so hard it was recorded on the Richter scale.  Glorious.

40 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

Sorry for double quote - in a timely fashion the SPFL have released a Luke McCowan compilation on socials - if you squint your eyes it really could be a Greg Stewart reel. Less of the showboaty stuff (which I unashamedly loved) but just as effective imo.

This may not be popular with a lot of Dundee fans but I believe McCowan’s overall contribution this season to the team has been better that’s that of Greig Stewart when he was at Dens.  That’s not in a criticism of Stewart.

I genuinely wouldn’t swap McCowan for Cantwell, Dessers, Dowell or Silva and that’s not just based on last night’s performances.   I have no idea how much those four players cost.

Just now, Shadow Play said:

This may not be popular with a lot of Dundee fans but I believe McCowan’s overall contribution this season to the team has been better that’s that of Greig Stewart when he was at Dens.  That’s not in a criticism of Stewart.

I genuinely wouldn’t swap McCowan for Cantwell, Dessers, Dowell or Silva and that’s not just based on last night’s performances.   I have no idea how much those four players cost.

McCowans work rate is far better than Stewarts was. Stewart was a magician at times for us so I'm loathed to try and say which one is better. What I would say is the similarities between the two are crazy. 

McCowan in my opinion is captain material and that is what separates him from Stewart.

17 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

McCowan is a player who would benefit any squad he walks into, fit into the team, Work hard and deliver.

Greg Stewart (and another Dee/Killie example  Gary Harkins) are luxury players who drift in and out of games but can turn them in an instant - and if in the mood are almost unplayable on that day.

Comparing apples with pears in my opinion - love them all. 

Fined £66k - £120k suspended and used if another breach.

100% worth it imo. 

Not sure how all postponements can be seen as breaches due to severe weather warnings etc  - will all other clubs be fined £13,200 with £24,000 suspended for every game called off? Sporting integrity etc? 

SPFL PRESS RELEASE: DUNDEE FC

DUNDEE FINED FOR BREACHES OF SPFL RULES

At a disciplinary hearing today (18 April 2024), Dundee FC admitted five separate breaches of SPFL Rules relating to their Dens Park pitch.

This followed postponements of cinch Premiership matches on 7 October 2023, 23 December 2023, 2 January 2024, 17 March 2024, and 10 April 2024.

As a result, Dundee were fined £186,000, of which £120,000 is suspended until the end of season 2024/25.

This suspended element will be automatically triggered in the event of a further breach of SPFL Rules relating to pitch condition next season.

An SPFL spokesman commented: “SPFL Rules on pitch condition are an integral part of maintaining a fair league competition.”

Edited by Der Panzer
Maths

1 hour ago, RawB93 said:

Sitting in 10th with 31 points, -22 GD after 33 games and went on to get relegated, you say?

image.png.17fc439d70525f07187fa7ae5b721ac5.png
Excellent. 

Just to show how things can change. 

Screenshot_20240418_152335_Chrome.thumb.jpg.707a2f59bb525cc38cd2e8920f3b7d75.jpg

Screenshot_20240418_152409_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c6d879046394d787bfd5b2b141676dcc.jpg

17 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

Not sure how all postponements can be seen as breaches due to severe weather warnings etc  - will all other clubs be fined £13,200 with £24,000 suspended for every game called off? Sporting integrity etc? 

I'm sure if any other clubs have 5 postponements in the same season then they will be dealt with in the same way.

6 hours ago, DukDukGoose said:

I'd imagine he's went through them privately.

Indeed. And given that, there's no moral boost from publicly pretending all was good, and it was just those pesky underhand Dundonians insisting on man marking and other nefarious tactics. No need to eviscerate them in public either, but an admission that it wasn't good enough and he/they had needed to do some work to improve quickly wouldn't have gone amiss.

But it's not massively important of course. It's not like he shot up the tunnel without shaking Tony Docherty's hand...

32 minutes ago, Der Panzer said:

Fined £66k - £120k suspended and used if another breach.

100% worth it imo. 

SPFL PRESS RELEASE: DUNDEE FC

DUNDEE FINED FOR BREACHES OF SPFL RULES

At a disciplinary hearing today (18 April 2024), Dundee FC admitted five separate breaches of SPFL Rules relating to their Dens Park pitch.

This followed postponements of cinch Premiership matches on 7 October 2023, 23 December 2023, 2 January 2024, 17 March 2024, and 10 April 2024.

As a result, Dundee were fined £186,000, of which £120,000 is suspended until the end of season 2024/25.

This suspended element will be automatically triggered in the event of a further breach of SPFL Rules relating to pitch condition next season.

An SPFL spokesman commented: “SPFL Rules on pitch condition are an integral part of maintaining a fair league competition.”

Surely there will be an element of common sense relating to any postponements which could be outside the clubs control.