Motherwell v St. Mirren

2 minutes ago, Dosser1886 said:

TBH most match threads on P&B that turn to ratshit have one common factor, St.mirren fans posting.

If there was such a thing as a a lack of self awareness detector it just exploded.

Edited by FTOF

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

If there was such a thing as a a lack of self awareness detector it just exploded.

Deflection and dilusion personified.

You know it's true, just admit it. You'll feel better in the morning.

Think we started 'Well enough, but after ~10mins remembered that we'd just had a week off and got tired again. Thought we didn't deserve a point until we scored, now thinking that maybe it's just the St Mirren didn't deserve all 3 either.
Davor ok, I thought. Gent good also, especially first half. Got moaned at for a pass going out in front of him which I personally couldn't blame him for because the last two sent his way were 5 yards behind him. Casey and Halliday repeatedly not seeing/not looking to see he was in space, rest of the team slack in passing too. Spittal playing like he's read his own press, constanty asking for the ball just to pass it straight back.
+1 point away from 11th and Theo +1 goal more than Mandron. There have been worse days.

12 minutes ago, Dosser1886 said:

TBH most match threads on P&B that turn to ratshit have one common factor, St.mirren fans posting.

Yeah, I mean a Motherwell fan turning out to be an absolutely massive racist piece of shit while you all look on might be a factor to be fair.

Over the piece, I reckon we just about edged that over the 90 minutes, so ultimately another frustrating afternoon.

This team has almost been banned from being criticised by certain elements of the support in recent months, when in all honesty, they have deserved any criticism coming their way – especially after the way we played against Livingston and Kilmarnock. I appreciate that we had a decent start to the season and we remain in a decent position – if we get a win against Hearts next week. However, from a form point of view, we really need to get back into a groove if we have any hope of going one step better than last year.

Personally, I felt Robinson's subs killed us today. Boyd-Munce was dictating play whereas O'Hara was offering absolutely nothing. After CBM went off, we completely lost control of the midfield and it allowed Motherwell to get more on the ball. Robinson has been loyal to O'Hara to a fault when he has been fit, considering we also have Baccus and Kwon on the bench. The wrong man went off today.

Add in that Olusanya was arguably putting in one of his best performances in a while, and he brings on McMenamin, who is looking more like a bust (when you consider the fee we paid) every week. We lost that chaos factor, which the Motherwell defence couldn't get near in the first half.

Just to get off my chest too, Hemming's reluctance to come off his line, apart from going mad at corners, continues to put the defence under pressure.

Credit where it is due, Marcus Fraser put in a great display today, as did Tanser I felt. Kiltie, strange miss aside, was tireless as always.

Should have won. Didn't. Fair play to Motherwell for grabbing the goal. Could have went either way.

Edited by bishoptonbuddie

Don't know which is more depressing the handful of Well Fans and St Mirren fans that have created this weird vibe in past few threads or watching that game today. 

Both equally tedious. Hopefully both improve by next season. 

1 hour ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

You're taking this WAY too seriously. Any dog-eating slur was aimed at Paisley, although I'm heartened you took the time to Google "Yulin".

46 minutes ago, Doctor Manhattan said:

You're right, and I would like to offer my apologies to anyone who was offended by what was merely a bit of light hearted banter designed to take our minds off the eye-bleeding fare served up at Fir Park today.

a3c67cee-5e7d-4358-a796-576025554923_tex

Wow.

giphy (1).gif

1 hour ago, Jim McLean's Ghost said:

Very nice of Liam Kelly to step aside and let the ball go in the middle of the goal

I fucking thought this at the game but nobody else seemed to be saying anything and I just assumed that my judgement was clouded by how much Kelly annoys me. 

5 hours ago, Ron Aldo said:

Was swaying back towards "Kettlewell out" at half time...

Considering we got a point I feel a bit dickish but fucking hell, we've played this 5-2-3 all season and it really is shite. 
Any change is man for man. The system never changes and that's been our downfall all season, Jack Vale was really ineffective today as he was playing wide right Attacking midfielder. St Mirren were pretty shite today (and other days I've seen them). I don't think individually there is much difference between the teams but St Mirren have had a better season probably due to better management.

Basically, Kettlewell should have been punted in December.

14 minutes ago, Busta Nut said:

Considering we got a point I feel a bit dickish but fucking hell, we've played this 5-2-3 all season and it really is shite. 
Any change is man for man. The system never changes and that's been our downfall all season, Jack Vale was really ineffective today as he was playing wide right Attacking midfielder. St Mirren were pretty shite today (and other days I've seen them). I don't think individually there is much difference between the teams but St Mirren have had a better season probably due to better management.

Basically, Kettlewell should have been punted in December.

Not having that. Kettlewell talks for Britain and often has no plan B. But anyone who can take our team of huddies with the lowest budget in  many a year and looks like he will get us safe deserves to stay in position. 

His line up baffles me sometimes. No more than his ineffectual subs but over his tenure he has done a more than decent job. 

1 hour ago, bishoptonbuddie said:

Over the piece, I reckon we just about edged that over the 90 minutes, so ultimately another frustrating afternoon.

This team has almost been banned from being criticised by certain elements of the support in recent months, when in all honesty, they have deserved any criticism coming their way – especially after the way we played against Livingston and Kilmarnock. I appreciate that we had a decent start to the season and we remain in a decent position – if we get a win against Hearts next week. However, from a form point of view, we really need to get back into a groove if we have any hope of going one step better than last year.

Personally, I felt Robinson's subs killed us today. Boyd-Munce was dictating play whereas O'Hara was offering absolutely nothing. After CBM went off, we completely lost control of the midfield and it allowed Motherwell to get more on the ball. Robinson has been loyal to O'Hara to a fault when he has been fit, considering we also have Baccus and Kwon on the bench. The wrong man went off today.

Add in that Olusanya was arguably putting in one of his best performances in a while, and he brings on McMenamin, who is looking more like a bust (when you consider the fee we paid) every week. We lost that chaos factor, which the Motherwell defence couldn't get near in the first half.

Just to get off my chest too, Hemming's reluctance to come off his line, apart from going mad at corners, continues to put the defence under pressure.

Credit where it is due, Marcus Fraser put in a great display today, as did Tanser I felt. Kiltie, strange miss aside, was tireless as always.

Should have won. Didn't. Fair play to Motherwell for grabbing the goal. Could have went either way.

Have to agree with the blind spot about O'Hara. I don't get why Robbo keeps him on. Perhaps he is more likely to grab a goal? CBM should have stayed on today. 

Olusanya had been booked and it was probably fair he went off.

I just don't get what we saw in McMenamin? Saying that we thought the same about Toyosi. I keep hoping he comes good. Next week would be good. 

Apparently Kwon has a strain so not risked. 

Kiltie showed poor judgement late on and should have scored. 

2 games to grab top 6. Fingers and toes crossed we get over the line. 

16 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Ayunga and McMenamin are absolute wastes of a shirt. Truly believe that if Robbo hadn’t paid £250k for McMenamin he wouldn’t be getting a sniff of a game. What an outrageous waste of money. 

We never paid £250k for him.

17 hours ago, AW saint said:

Don't think we actually did pay that for McMenamin

17 hours ago, glenburn bud said:

The fee paid for McMenamin was nowhere near £250K.

17 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Half that.

1 hour ago, SS77 said:

We never paid £250k for him.

Really? 🤣🤣