Thought we were better than last week but still poor.

Felt a bit for Buchanan being dropped after his performance last week. 

Think Sutherland needs some time on the bench, his delivery was poor last week and could see his head dropping every time he misplaced a pass today. 

We were poor getting to second balls. Goss was winning a lot in the air and we weren't contesting his knock downs enough. Barring leaving him free in the box at a corner, thought Neill and Devine done an OK job marking him.

Two shots cleared off the line didn't help. Good to see Bobby Wales back and scoring.

Pretty frustrating afternoon. Thought we started well enough with the return of Steven and Wales making a big difference. Looked like we could open up Annan whenever we ran at them, indeed thought Annan were surprisingly lethargic for most of the first half. We weren't clinical when we had the chance to get into a decent lead though and paid the price when Annan equalised before half time. For most of the second half we were poor and couldn't get going at all. Annan much improved on their first half display. Last 10 or 15 we showed more urgency and might have won it - felt Buchanan should have scored that header (and Sutherland should have buried his similarly golden chance in first half) - but overall can't complain with the result, didn't do enough. 

Didn't think anyone really had a poor game, we just didn't get going. Think Robbo would have brought more drive in CM than Miko who ended up way too deep at times but still, Miko didn't play badly either. 

1 point from 3 games against sides in the bottom half is potentially fatal for the play-off bid and disappointing after the run we were on. I'm not actually hugely bothered about promotion as we'd need a massive rebuild, which would also be a big ask for Andy at this stage of his career, but would also be a shame if the season petered out without having a real crack at the top four. Hopefully we can refocus and find some form ahead of the derby and the six pointers that follow. 

I never tend to have a go at refs but felt the official today should have brought out his yellow card for cynical fouls that stopped breaks. Happened on a few occasions and very frustrating. No yellow even when an Annan player tripped Roberts as he was breaking against an exposed defence - then kicked the ball away straight after to further slow it down. If you don't stop that kind of thing players will obviously keep doing it and why not. He was bang on with his yellow for Quinn and his comedy dive though! 

Fair play to Annan, might yet avoid 9th and if not I'd give them a decent shot at staying up through the play offs. 

20 minutes ago, Waspie said:

I never tend to have a go at refs but felt the official today should have brought out his yellow card for cynical fouls that stopped breaks. Happened on a few occasions and very frustrating. No yellow even when an Annan player tripped Roberts as he was breaking against an exposed defence - then kicked the ball away straight after to further slow it down. If you don't stop that kind of thing players will obviously keep doing it and why not. He was bang on with his yellow for Quinn and his comedy dive though! 

Thought him booking Roberts was odd, the Annan player tripped about 2 feet from Roberts. The linesman on the home side gave one of the poorest decisions I've seen all season, ball was out about a foot before Neill touched it and he gave it as a throw in to Annan. No idea how he managed to get that wrong

8 hours ago, LeodhasXD said:

We ripped their defence to shreds for Bobby Wales to cut back to two unmarked Alloa players in the box and he was called wrongly offside. Not a good day for Scottish refereeing.

Certainly not - a poor insignificant challenge awarded Alloa the free kick from which u guys scored off the crossbar.

2nd. Half your man headed against his own

Team mate and you were awarded the throw in !

Referee : little dick from Dumfries.

1 hour ago, Rory said:

Tallest man on the park and check the space he found himself in 🙈

The highlights includes the kick on taggart because he got a big wallop and couldn't move - however as captain I think you need to talk to your teammates and say - mark him for me I need a minute.

A slightly better performance yesterday against an Annan team who look much better than QOS and Kelty, despite us losing to both.

Thought Roberts and Scougall were our best players yesterday and hope Stefan and Scott Taggart's injuries aren't too bad.

Performances haven't been great over the last four games but that will all be forgotten if we can put on a display like our last visit to Forthbank.

Edited by Magic Hat