Last two games have been pretty poor for Alloa. If Bobby Wales and Taylor Steven are both present in the starting XI, then the performance may be different and hopefully better than the last few. All games v Annan have been tough encounters and expect that again on Saturday

steven-scougall-wales-scaled.webp

Hopefully Neill is fit enough to play too. 

I'd like to see Buchanan rewarded for his display last week with another start. Would like Miko to start alongside Roberts and move Scougall up to replace Donnelly. Either Cammy or Sutherland at left back too

16 hours ago, Rory said:

Hopefully Neill is fit enough to play too. 

I'd like to see Buchanan rewarded for his display last week with another start. Would like Miko to start alongside Roberts and move Scougall up to replace Donnelly. Either Cammy or Sutherland at left back too

Said previously that I felt Miko in the central roll was vital in our unbeaten run and when he was out the team our style of play wasn't as good. Would be great if he could slot back in as you say and push Scougall up the park. Think Ethan has been great since he's came in so long may that continue. 

11 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Your Podcast guys predict 5-0 and 2-0 to Alloa.

Ha ha I wish I could have some of that brew.

Eliminate Walsh - what is there to worry about !

Wow.

5 hours ago, the philosopher said:

Prediction 2-1Aw right guys let's just cut to chase - where is the best boozers ?

The old brewery or the Bobbing John or anywhere else.

Thanks in anticipation for your help, may the best team win.

The Station is worth a visit before it closes down tomorrow. Proper football pub and a warm welcome. 

Would have Cawley in instead of Scougal. Miko in too and young Coulston. I am fed up with scougals one good game in 5 routine . Just won't do . 

10 minutes ago, Oweny said:

The Station is worth a visit before it closes down tomorrow. Proper football pub and a warm welcome. 

Closing as in closing or refurb?

Any chance Kurtis could help his fans at Forthbank.

Expecting a tough game. We were pretty lucky to win last time Annan were at the Recs and their form has improved since then whereas we have obviously dropped off a little. 

Number of selection issues for the manager and a few of them depending on fitness. Wales back in up top and Steven back on the right too if he is fit. Those two crucial. Podcast touched on LD and think there is a question there. Such a talented player and potentially a key figure in the middle of the three behind the striker but has looked a bit off the pace, which is understandable given his long lay off. Do we leave him and hope he plays his way back into fitness and form or go with cameos from the bench? Strong case for Scougall or Cawley there. 

If Scougall does move up then Miko a decent option next to Roberts. Robertson is too - and based on the Accies second half Robbo and Roberts looked potentially the best pair we've seen since Stevie got injured. Really hoping to see Stevie soon as he remains the best option there. And hopefully Kurtis has had his batteries recharged this week, didn't think he was quite at his usual high standard against Kelty and QoS. 

Questions in defence too depending on fitness. Ideally two of the three natural CBs make it and Cammy for LB I think. Defence will need to be ready for a lot of balls into the box. 

Lot of questions there, who'd be a manager! Whoever we go with they're going to need to be up for it, Alloa just too flat the last couple of games. 

Edited by Waspie

2 hours ago, Oweny said:

Would have Cawley in instead of Scougal. Miko in too and young Coulston. I am fed up with scougals one good game in 5 routine . Just won't do . 

I'd certainly be happy with both Kev and Miko coming in. Felt we have lacked a bit of composure/experience and steel the last couple of games and they would help address that.

I think you're a bit harsh on Scougs though.

1 hour ago, Waspie said:

Expecting a tough game. We were pretty lucky to win last time Annan were at the Recs and their form has improved since then whereas we have obviously dropped off a little. 

Number of selection issues for the manager and a few of them depending on fitness. Wales back in up top and Steven back on the right too if he is fit. Those two crucial. Podcast touched on LD and think there is a question there. Such a talented player and potentially a key figure in the middle of the three behind the striker but has looked a bit off the pace, which is understandable given his long lay off. Do we leave him and hope he plays his way back into fitness and form or go with cameos from the bench? Strong case for Scougall or Cawley there. 

If Scougall does move up then Miko a decent option next to Roberts. Robertson is too - and based on the Accies second half Robbo and Roberts looked potentially the best pair we've seen since Stevie got injured. Really hoping to see Stevie soon as he remains the best option there. And hopefully Kurtis has had his batteries recharged this week, didn't think he was quite at his usual high standard against Kelty and QoS. 

Questions in defence too depending on fitness. Ideally two of the three natural CBs make it and Cammy for LB I think. Defence will need to be ready for a lot of balls into the box. 

Lot of questions there, who'd be a manager! Whoever we go with they're going to need to be up for it, Alloa just too flat the last couple of games. 

Similar to my reply to Oweny, experience and composure vital from now to the end of the season. If we are talking experienced and composed central midfielders, then we are talking Robbo IMO.

Looking at this game with hope rather than expectation.  Alloa always tough opponents especially when they need points for play off position.

Crucial for Annan not to lose any ground to our fellow strugglers. Of the fixtures involving the rest of the not so fantastic four you have to think Kelty will pick up three points against Edinburgh City.  Hoping Cove and Hamilton do the business today and use up all their goal rations for the next fortnight!

Mon th Annan!

Woeful stuff for the 3rd game in a row means we are making a bit of a mess of the good work done in February, rather than sitting in what could have been a comfortable 3rd position. 

We probably had the better chances to win the game but that’s more down to Annan creating very little as opposed to us having a barrage of opportunities, as Annan were good for at least a point today on the balance of play. 

Similar to the last couple of games, far too many below par, particularly in the middle of the park. Another goal conceded from a set piece/cross - think that will be the topic of my Sunday stats if I can be bothered to suffer through watching them all again. 

Andy will need to get them fired up for next week in the battle of the two (excluding Edinburgh) formless teams in the division as a solitary point from Kelty, QoS and Annan means we will have to take points from the final four fixtures now.