Shōgun

Haven't seen a thread about this anywhere.

A English ships pilot shipwrecks on the coast of Japan with the remains of his crew and gets taken prisoner by the local samurai chief , then finds himself mixed up in a oncoming civil war between 5 regents. 

Some great characters and some faintly recognisable Japanese actors and brilliant swearing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Watched it years ago with Richard Chamberlain playing the John Blackthorn role, and really enjoyed it, so was looking forward to this series. Bit of a slow burner with the amount of episodes compared to the one back in 1980, but still really good, hate having to watch it an episode a week, that's 3 weeks its been building up from a slow simmer, i'm bursting to see it boil into action. Hopefully next week's episode will be the one to get my juices flowing.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER

Can't express enough how i fucking hate episodes being released weekly, arghhhhhh!

Really enjoyed tonight's episode, full of emotion, and that ending, i'd be right onto the next episode even if it was 3am, couldn't possibly leave it there, but the b*****ds did, and i'll have to wait another week for the next one.

Spoiler

At least John Blackthorne got his nat king cole before Mariko got spread all over the place...........Kenny Williams Discord Emojis - Kenny Williams Emojis For Discord.

Edited by LIVIFOREVER