๐Ÿ’™โค๏ธ ICT v Arbroath ๐Ÿ’—

I would think it's fair to say that there is an air of the hyperbolic amongst our online Inverness contingent but this fixture provides an opportunity that could anchor our run in.

A home win and a favour in Glasgow would be the ideal scenario that could tip our fortunes, if not to the wholly positive, perhaps to a consolidation.ย 

Thing is, how to translate the stolid to something that is incisive?ย 

I have great sympathy with Duncan in as much as one by one every crucial and creative influencer has been denied to him. Wotherspoon has been the biggest loss and an out of form and now injured Shaw seems destined to be remembered as a shooting star. There are others.ย 

Who do we turn to and set out to insipe what is now the most significant three points of the season? Is it time for the elusive, the enigmatic Roddy Macgregor to justify the harbouring hopes of some home observers?ย 

ย 

Apologies to Arbroath readers, I'm coming to this with a hint of highland crisis so this opening post is home heavy.ย 

ย 

ย 

18 hours ago, sophia said:

I would think it's fair to say that there is an air of the hyperbolic amongst our online Inverness contingent but this fixture provides an opportunity that could anchor our run in.

A home win and a favour in Glasgow would be the ideal scenario that could tip our fortunes, if not to the wholly positive, perhaps to a consolidation.ย 

Thing is, how to translate the stolid to something that is incisive?ย 

I have great sympathy with Duncan in as much as one by one every crucial and creative influencer has been denied to him. Wotherspoon has been the biggest loss and an out of form and now injured Shaw seems destined to be remembered as a shooting star. There are others.ย 

Who do we turn to and set out to insipe what is now the most significant three points of the season? Is it time for the elusive, the enigmatic Roddy Macgregor to justify the harbouring hopes of some home observers?ย 

ย 

Apologies to Arbroath readers, I'm coming to this with a hint of highland crisis so this opening post is home heavy.ย 

ย 

ย 

The elusive, enigmatic and currently not being considered, despite being fit for the last few weeks. Still training with the kids and the subs.ย 

12 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Heard Roddy Macgregor sneezed at the weekend and put his back out. Heโ€™ll be back training in 2/3 weeksย 

2/3 weeks in human time, in Roddy years that tickle of sinusitis is very probably season ending.ย 

The serious question remains what needs to change such that we can actually get the ball in the box with some intent?ย 

ย 

Heโ€™s seemingly been fit since New year bar a ten day period for a foot thing. Heโ€™s just not part of Duncโ€™s teamย 

25 minutes ago, Ott said:

Heโ€™s seemingly been fit since New year bar a ten day period for a foot thing. Heโ€™s just not part of Duncโ€™s teamย 

You've touched upon a curiosity that seems to be unique to football management.

I've been managed by and managed oddball characters but there has never been the luxury associated with the term "frozen out".ย 

In the real world, every worker gets deployed to make some sort of contribution.

Football seems different but foolish and doomed is any manager that denies himself the opportunity to utilise all of the resources at his disposal.ย 

Unless he's afflicted by some of the interesting characteristics that are obvious in his paternal heritage or is otherwise influenced by strong family guidance, I see no reason why Roddy shouldn't be more prominent.ย 

12 minutes ago, sophia said:

You've touched upon a curiosity that seems to be unique to football management.

I've been managed by and managed oddball characters but there has never been the luxury associated with the term "frozen out".ย 

In the real world, every worker gets deployed to make some sort of contribution.

Football seems different but foolish and doomed is any manager that denies himself the opportunity to utilise all of the resources at his disposal.ย 

Unless he's afflicted by some of the interesting characteristics that are obvious in his paternal heritage or is otherwise influenced by strong family guidance, I see no reason why Roddy shouldn't be more prominent.ย 

I think I follow what youโ€™re saying!. One would also have to ask why a talent like Adam Brookes is given about 20 mins playing time since Dunc took over and why Keith Bray was allowed to drift out. Why waste local young talent ?

17 minutes ago, Ott said:

I think I follow what youโ€™re saying!. One would also have to ask why a talent like Adam Brookes is given about 20 mins playing time since Dunc took over and why Keith Bray was allowed to drift out. Why waste local young talent ?

He doesn't trust Mcgregor, Samuels, Bray or Brooks. He's a stubborn idiot who'd rather pick academy players with no professional experience.ย 

Carson & Welsh were pretty much forced out by him. They were willing to stay till Summer but Dunc wanted his signings in & that meant they had to go.ย 

3 hours ago, Ott said:

If this is true, Ferguson deserves his jotters. Roddy is proven at this level and may be able to provide that wee bit of spark we have been missing.

12 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I have a bad feeling about this.ย  2-0 Arbroath.

I donโ€™t think you understand how much of a mess we are under McIntyreย 

10 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

I donโ€™t think you understand how much of a mess we are under McIntyreย 

And we don't create any chances.ย  We just pass it about the back and when we do get it wide, we go all the way back to Ridgers.

The game will go exactly like this -ย 

Arbroath will play a low block, and sit in with two banks of 5.ย  Our back 5 and midfield 3 will then proceed to play the ball across the pitch in a kind of U/Horseshoe shape all game.ย  With 30 minutes to go, you'll nick it off us, break 5 on 4 and one of your wingers/midfielders will cut it back for a Jay Bird tap in.ย  Ferguson will then change from a 3-5-2 to a 3-3-4 formation and we'll launch it to substitute Aribim Pepple for the last half hour and nothing will stick. Ferguson and Gary Bollan will then scream at the linesman for every decision, with one or both of them being booked.ย  Arbroath will win 1-0 and Ferguson in his post match interview will say we were the better team and he's delighted with the performance.

40 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

And we don't create any chances.ย  We just pass it about the back and when we do get it wide, we go all the way back to Ridgers.

The game will go exactly like this -ย 

Arbroath will play a low block, and sit in with two banks of 5.ย  Our back 5 and midfield 3 will then proceed to play the ball across the pitch in a kind of U/Horseshoe shape all game.ย  With 30 minutes to go, you'll nick it off us, break 5 on 4 and one of your wingers/midfielders will cut it back for a Jay Bird tap in.ย  Ferguson will then change from a 3-5-2 to a 3-3-4 formation and we'll launch it to substitute Aribim Pepple for the last half hour and nothing will stick. Ferguson and Gary Bollan will then scream at the linesman for every decision, with one or both of them being booked.ย  Arbroath will win 1-0 and Ferguson in his post match interview will say we were the better team and he's delighted with the performance.

:lol: