Stenhousemuir -vs- East Fife (Saturday 6 April 2024)

All roads lead to the weekend's match: if Stenhousemuir can beat East Fife at Ochilview, they will win the first league title in their 140-year history. What a moment! What an opportunity! I wish I had a fast-forward button on life; I'd be mashing it until we reached Saturday afternoon.

The Warriors are not in tremendous form at the moment, drawing their last four matches and scoring just one goal, but they're defensively resolute and have set a League 2 clean sheet record (18). Nicky Jamieson is likely to miss out with an injury but Edin Lynch is a reasonable deputy, so long as he's asked to do nothing more than head and kick the ball in the direction he's facing, he should do alright. Although there are clear issues further forward, we did at least create some decent chances against Dumbarton last time out, and Ross Taylor should have scored when teed up by Matty Yates. We gave it a good go, and I'd like to think we'll approach this match with the same mindset.

East Fife will be difficult opponents. They're the division's most in-form side, they've clearly improved under Dick Campbell and they'll pose a tough challenge. The matches between the two teams this season have been close. Regardless, I'd fancy us for this one - given what's at stake, given the expected attendance, I trust in the players and the manager to see us over the line. I wouldn't mind us going with the same XI that started at the Rock (with Lynch coming in for Jamieson). I can understand the calls to play Matty Aitken from the outset but he's been poor for a couple of weeks now so Matty Yates should keep his place as a "nine-and-a-half" or whatever:

- Matty Yates -

- Euan O'Reilly - Adam Brown - Ross Taylor -

- Mikey Anderson - Nat Wedderburn -

- Kinlay Bilham - Edin Lynch - Gregor Buchanan - Ross Meechan -

- Darren Jamieson -

I'm pumped for this one! I'll see you there!

Fully expecting East Fife to come along and rain on Stennie’s parade this Saturday!!!

The Methil Milan are flying at the moment and that’s even with the enforced absence of Fash and Brogan Walls (done in by the close attentions of the Peterhead hammer throwers) and whereas a fortnight ago we were probably fearing the worst with their absence, what we have witnessed though has been something quite different, we have now seen players raising their performance levels quite remarkably. Shepherd is leading the line superbly and put in another fine game on Saturday and Jamsie Lyon on the right wing has finally found his position and has ripped his markers a new one in the last few weeks and has also turned into a very noticeable goal threat and of course Jack Healy, who has finally become the Jack Healy of old, after a pretty poor season so far by his standards and of course, the Jack Healy of old really, really likes to score a goal against Stenhousemuir. Yes, we miss Fash, who wouldn't? But his absence hasn’t been as noticeable as it was originally feared. And in midfield Kieran Miller has shone, having no Walls has meant Connor McManus having to move forward into that role and Miller has slotted back into the holding midfielder position like he has never been away and cementing it with his MotM performance Saturday past!!!

Stennie are flailing, stuttering and stumbling over their inevitable finish line of becoming crowned champions, they will do it, but it’s going to require a different Stennie showing up this Saturday that has been on display in the last few weeks, especially against the in-form team in the Division!!! 

Stenhousemuir have the incentive to win the League in their own patch, but East Fife have the incentive of having to win to keep in touch with The Spartans and Dumbarton, we’re running out of games and we have to keep winning to allow us to be able to capitalise on their inevitable mistakes, they won’t win their last five games but we probably have to win ours!!!

The game should be a cracker but will probably be a 1-0 victory to whatever team scores first!!!

Edited by King Kebab

3 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

East Fife fans are being punted into the standing area behind the goals at the astroturf end. Bring your umbrella!

Will We get to go towards the away dugout as well 

Going to this game with huge anticipation: just in case, I'll also make sure I get to the Elgin match. If the Warriors can keep up the uncertain form should the Bonnyrigg game on 27th be pencilled in too?

Ref for Saturday appears to be Ryan Lee, who has covered 4 Warriors' games this season, 3 wins (Stranraer away, and home wins v Forfar and Dumbarton), and the game nobody went to, a defeat against a B side in the Challenge Cup.

2 hours ago, Granty1903 said:

Thanks,really looking forward to gettin soaked,never been soaked since away end at Easter road in the SC  in the late 80’s 

24th February 1990

11 minutes ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Pretty sure it was 1990

You are correct CJ, I knew I was working away in early 1990, but as if was a fourth round tie was back by the February. Horrible weather and result

1 minute ago, Darkness78 said:

You are correct CJ, I knew I was working away in early 1990, but as if was a fourth round tie was back by the February. Horrible weather and result

I remember it well 

8 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

East Fife fans are being punted into the standing area behind the goals at the astroturf end. Bring your umbrella!

Is there access to catering along there or will we have to bring a packed lunch as well? 

43 minutes ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

I don't think there will be any issues at all if you want to go into the covered terrace. I suspect if it's raining they'll probably just put EF fans in there anyway. Home and away fans were in there v Peterhead and there was of course no problems whatsoever.

19 minutes ago, AberhillLoyal said:

Is there access to catering along there or will we have to bring a packed lunch as well? 

There's actually a catering van down there now. It's one of those fancier ones and the food looks pretty good. There's no phyical barrier between the standing section and the stand so you can walk along to the pie hut/toilets.

9 hours ago, Am Featha *****h Nan Clach said:

Typical Scottish weather won't affect us standing in the rain guys 😂

7 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Fully expecting East Fife to come along and rain on Stennie’s parade this Saturday!!!

The Methil Milan are flying at the moment and that’s even with the enforced absence of Fash and Brogan Walls (done in by the close attentions of the Peterhead hammer throwers) and whereas a fortnight ago we were probably fearing the worst with their absence, what we have witnessed though has been something quite different, we have now seen players raising their performance levels quite remarkably. Shepherd is leading the line superbly and put in another fine game on Saturday and Jamsie Lyon on the right wing has finally found his position and has ripped his markers a new one in the last few weeks and has also turned into a very noticeable goal threat and of course Jack Healy, who has finally become the Jack Healy of old, after a pretty poor season so far by his standards and of course, the Jack Healy of old really, really likes to score a goal against Stenhousemuir. Yes, we miss Fash, who wouldn't? But his absence hasn’t been as noticeable as it was originally feared. And in midfield Kieran Miller has shone, having no Walls has meant Connor McManus having to move forward into that role and Miller has slotted back into the holding midfielder position like he has never been away and cementing it with his MotM performance Saturday past!!!

Stennie are flailing, stuttering and stumbling over their inevitable finish line of becoming crowned champions, they will do it, but it’s going to require a different Stennie showing up this Saturday that has been on display in the last few weeks, especially against the in-form team in the Division!!! 

Stenhousemuir have the incentive to win the League in their own patch, but East Fife have the incentive of having to win to keep in touch with The Spartans and Dumbarton, we’re running out of games and we have to keep winning to allow us to be able to capitalise on their inevitable mistakes, they won’t win their last five games but we probably have to win ours!!!

The game should be a cracker but will probably be a 1-0 victory to whatever team scores first!!!

Well done for being positive. We can’t be having any negativity amongst us can we?