Junior Takeover

Quote...

Look mate. Asides from this thread and partly in reaction to the "car share" video where I've posted a couple of things that imply criticism of your model - im not sure ive mentioned Gartcairn before. That reaction's mainly with regards to Alex McDowell ( with a paid position should he be connected with a specific team ? ) implying that it was a model that could be replicated. Its not. It's wholly dependent on a bunch of folk chucking money at it. It's not a pathway unless kids are coming through. If your keeper and centre mid have some through your academy then that's a legitimate retort. I suspect there's not much evidence of it though from a club that's based on a boys club. 

you say we're a boys club? Is that not where young talent comes from? Our under 20s last season won the league and we signed 6 of them. 

4 lads had a dream....

every model starts which a bunch of people chucking money at it. How do you think your club started then went bust then started again? Certainly not in fresh air. Your home pitch is shared with Yoker, is that a good model? Why don't Dundee and Dundee Utd do that as they are so close? I could argue that your home park is good but will never be yours.

lets not turn this into a Clydebank v Gartcairn debate because other than amount of fans. We will win. 

Edited by Cairn Cheerleader

11 hours ago, Burnieman said:

So he's there to get the Junior Cup competition as the priority for WoS clubs which is at odds with most of the rest of the Pyramid?   a clear conflict of interest, and not healthy.

Forgive my ignorance as I don't even know where your team are from however am I wrong in saying your firstly not in the west and secondly not in the junior cup?

why do you even care?

4 minutes ago, Cairn Cheerleader said:

Forgive my ignorance as I don't even know where your team are from however am I wrong in saying your firstly not in the west and secondly not in the junior cup?

why do you even care?

Just answer the question.   

The actions of the CEO of the SJFA and the WoSFL have an impact on the wider Pyramid if competiitons (which are competed for by all LL area clubs) are potentially being manipulated for the benefit of a sideshow called the SJFA.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Cairn Cheerleader said:

That was the point ya donut lol that was your magnificent away support and I hope to see them again very soon. We always have around 50 but you won't notice them as they don't scream at officials for every decision!

You don’t have 5 fans you donut 

The other stand was full of Bankies. fans too!

Edited by Vanderbilt

39 minutes ago, Shanner said:

If some clubs don't want a slice of this then that's their prerogative but they probably need to accept that other teams are getting on with doing the best for themselves. The fixtures could probably be managed better but it's not an impossible task to accommodate the SJC in its current, truncated form. 

When that competition and the benign influence of the SJFA starts to effect other senior competitions (potentially) then it becomes everyone's concern.

When the CEO of the SJFA becomes Chairman of a Pyramid league who work in conjuntion with other leagues to make it all work, then if becomes everyone's concern.

3 minutes ago, Vanderbilt said:

You don’t have 5 fans you donut 

The other stand was full of Bankies. fans too!

We do have 5 fans. There was me a women called Nicola a guy called Alex and according to your supporters we had the referee and both assistants that day!

why don't you guys have your own ground? 

4 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

When that competition and the benign influence of the SJFA starts to effect other senior competitions (potentially) then it becomes everyone's concern.

When the CEO of the SJFA becomes Chairman of a Pyramid league who work in conjuntion with other leagues to make it all work, then if becomes everyone's concern.

I don't think that has happened yet and there are 78 clubs able to stop it. I do now remember your team as we put you out the Scottish a few years ago I believe. 

6 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

Yes, I know the feelings of the Pyramid Karens. they want to speak to the manager. 

1 minute ago, Cairn Cheerleader said:

I don't think that has happened yet and there are 78 clubs able to stop it. I do now remember your team as we put you out the Scottish a few years ago I believe. 

My team have never played Gartcairn.

12 hours ago, Burnieman said:

What's he trying to make better, what are the problems with the WoS that need the CEO of the SJFA to make better?

So, what would Mr.McDowall be making better, what needs fixed?

1 minute ago, Shanner said:

Yes, I know the feelings of the Pyramid Karens. they want to speak to the manager. 

You were complaining a few days ago about the standard of debate on here.....

9 minutes ago, Burnieman said:

You were complaining a few days ago about the standard of debate on here.....

A fair point. I think that compromise is vital but that most of the Pyramid Karen types on here aren't particularly interested in that as a solution because it doesn't pan out with them getting absolutely everything they want. 

Reasonable concerns about the impact of the SJC are one thing, entitled whining is another. The former can usually be dealt with more easily than the later however we seem to be at a point where only the latter will be good enough for some.

Edited by Shanner

Just now, Shanner said:

A fair point. I think that compromise is vital but that most of the Pyramid Karen types on here aren't particularly interested in that as a solution because it doesn't pan out with them getting absolutely everything they want. 

Reasonable concerns about the impact of the SJC are one thing, entitled whining is another. The former can usually be dealt with more easily than the later however we seem to be at a point where only the former will be good enough for some.

It think it's an entirely valid viewpoint to suggest that the Junior Cup has had it's day and for the good of the game going forward, should be retired gracefully before it descends even further into a rump competition.   Perhaps the SJFA members should consider disbanding the Association and distributing its ample assets amongst member clubs which would give them a financial boost.  

I fully appreciate the place the Junior Cup holds with a number of West clubs, and I appreciate that it's great for those  - maybe 8-10? - clubs who are in with a realistic chance to getting a decent return from the competition or winning it.  However if the likes of Linlithgow, Bo'ness, Bonnyrigg, Kelty etc were all happy to forgo that chance for the sake of dragging the game into the 21st Century, I'm sure it can be swallowed by everyone.

What does the Junior Cup do for North and Tayside clubs? virtually nothing.  I recall back in the day when some North clubs withdrew so as not to incur ridiculous expense.  It's really nothing more than a WoS Cup with money now, and the SJFA should not be allowed to meddle with Pyramid leagues in order to get their cup front and centre.

11 minutes ago, Cairn Cheerleader said:

Time will tell what can be improved. But as I've said it's up to all 80 clubs to decide

Surely he has a rough idea? what's his election blurb?

1 minute ago, Burnieman said:

It think it's an entirely valid viewpoint to suggest that the Junior Cup has had it's day and for the good of the game going forward, should be retired gracefully before it descends even further into a rump competition.   Perhaps the SJFA members should consider disbanding the Association and distributing its ample assets amongst member clubs which would give them a financial boost.  

I fully appreciate the place the Junior Cup holds with a number of West clubs, and I appreciate that it's great for those  - maybe 8-10? - clubs who are in with a realistic chance to getting a decent return from the competition or winning it.  However if the likes of Linlithgow, Bo'ness, Bonnyrigg, Kelty etc were all happy to forgo that chance for the sake of dragging the game into the 21st Century, I'm sure it can be swallowed by everyone.

What does the Junior Cup do for North and Tayside clubs? virtually nothing.  I recall back in the day when some North clubs withdrew so as not to incur ridiculous expense.  It's really nothing more than a WoS Cup with money now, and the SJFA should not be allowed to meddle with Pyramid leagues in order to get their cup front and centre.

No real insight into why people think that the answer to the manageable inconvenience experienced by a few ideologically driven anti Junior clubs merits the complete cessation of a tournament that brings benefits to other clubs. Other than that you've only provided strawman points that I've given my thoughts on earlier.