Poll for WOSFL supporters

Poll for supporters of WOSFL teams.  

86 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 06/06/24 at 10:37

4 minutes ago, passbackdave said:

Can we c who's voted for promotion and who's against it? 

Mon the papers

I know 1 of the 4 was meant to be a wind up but it'll not let me change it now 😂

I want Talbot to go up asap although my enthusiasm is severely tempered by the colt teams (surely they'll f**k off eventually?). 

Equally, I wouldn't allow the loss of a play off to diminish the achievement of winning the title. 

I have no idea what the wider mood at Talbot is but those are my thoughts.

It's also possible to co-exist on the same tier and division as clubs with different priorities, and if one team is less interested in promotion than another then that should really be their own business. The solution to the promotion bottleneck in the WOS is to allow the licenced team who finishes highest to compete in the playoffs. I don't really see why promotion should be reserved for champions at this level but a team that finishes fifth in The Championship can go up via the same route. It doesn't speak of a consistent and integrated pyramid. 

10 minutes ago, Shanner said:

I want Talbot to go up asap although my enthusiasm is severely tempered by the colt teams (surely they'll f**k off eventually?). 

Equally, I wouldn't allow the loss of a play off to diminish the achievement of winning the title. 

I have no idea what the wider mood at Talbot is but those are my thoughts.

It's also possible to co-exist on the same tier and division as clubs with different priorities, and if one team is less interested in promotion than another then that should really be their own business. The solution to the promotion bottleneck in the WOS is to allow the licenced team who finishes highest to compete in the playoffs. I don't really see why promotion should be reserved for champions at this level but a team that finishes fifth in The Championship can go up via the same route. It doesn't speak of a consistent and integrated pyramid. 

I think now is probably a good time to drop the “champions” part and allow the “top licensed” team to go up or into a playoff.

I can understand the reluctance before when not many teams were licensed, but there is enough quality in depth now to be changing this rule.