Ayr ⚫⚪ vs Morton 🔵⚪ - 09/04/24

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We have played far better shooting towards the Railway End in every game under Brown. 

The Queen's Park game would beg to differ. And it definitely damages the atmosphere.

Edit: unless you mean we played better in that particular half against QP, in which case that's true but it wouldn't be difficult.

Edited by AyrTroopMajor

4 minutes ago, Chippyminton said:

@shizzlemanizzle Bought and paid for. Smoked sausage I assumed - along with non-diet full-sugar IB (true Scots). See you in 10 minutes before it goes cold.

f**k. Thought we were joking. Might be a bit late, I live in Glasgow now. You’ll wait, right? Did you get the red sauce? And salt and vinegar over the lot? And f**k yeah, smoked sausage and full sugar irn bru. I’m an Ayr fan, not a deviant. Actually, probs both but on my way. 

2 minutes ago, AyrTroopMajor said:

The Queen's Park game would beg to differ. And it definitely damages the atmosphere.

Edit: unless you mean we played better in that particular half against QP, in which case that's true but it wouldn't be difficult.

Aye I do. 

Brown isn’t the superstitious type so he’ll have some reason for doing it. I agree the atmosphere can be off although I thought the atmosphere against Airdrie was the best it’s been in years.

6 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Just seen the result . Did Dowds blow it against Broadfoot who scored? But see he also scored. - now 11 goals , 6 assists in that Ayr team / is that good or hopeless  considering your team?

i say that as we loved him  at EF. Came from an unorthodox background - degree- University- career in finance - a wealthy family  - always felt very intelligent on the field of play  and Agnew always picked him out.

He was part of an EF team that beat Hearts- Dundee Utd. Went to Falkirk many fans seemed to hate him others admired / then ended up at Arbroath  who seemed to like him in their big season.

Went to Partick - started well but if you read  “some team in Glasgow “he lives rent free his head- he clearly hates him- difficult to replace Graham as best in the league.

Ayr seem to have a mixed view also- wonder if Brown signs him. EF is his natural home and hope now that Campbell  who helped him big time at Arbroath is here / he joins us …. Truly hope so- 

He gets stuck in and gets involved in things which is different to a lot of the players we have that just seem to get bullied. He will maybe get in to one good position a game and have maybe five half chances, sometimes less. He can be really quiet in games. That maybe has to do with support or service but he's not likely to get 15-20 goals a season unless we play Airdrie 10 times. 

I want to keep him and have another credible option to play when he doesn't work out. 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

He gets stuck in and gets involved in things which is different to a lot of the players we have that just seem to get bullied. He will maybe get in to one good position a game and have maybe five half chances, sometimes less. He can be really quiet in games. That maybe has to do with support or service but he's not likely to get 15-20 goals a season unless we play Airdrie 10 times. 

I want to keep him and have another credible option to play when he doesn't work out. 

Get it. But if not 15-20 goals a season then not good enough for you clearly.

in terms of midfield we had creative players like Agnew ( on his day would walk into any championship team)- who are the creative players at Ayr?

3 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Get it. But if not 15-20 goals a season then not good enough for you clearly.

in terms of midfield we had creative players like Agnew ( on his day would walk into any championship team)- who are the creative players at Ayr?

Murphy and chalmers are our main creative players. McGeady too but he just creates a wage that someone else could be getting.

Just now, shizzlemanizzle said:

Murphy and chalmers are our main creative players. McGeady too but he just creates a wage that someone else could be getting.

Get it- jungle drums   in Fife says he is signing for Airdrie-( apart from The goals)  their football and midfield players  suit his style of play ….  But struggle to think why you would not play for Brown in the Championship- unless of course Browns ultimately doesn’t rate him. 

The second half was as dire a Morton performance as Saturday, like rabbits in the headlights from the moment it kicked off, could have had no complaints if we lost it but have Mullen to thank for hanging on for the point. I am once again begging for Robbie Muirhead to not get 90 minutes every week.

27 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

The second half was as dire a Morton performance as Saturday, like rabbits in the headlights from the moment it kicked off, could have had no complaints if we lost it but have Mullen to thank for hanging on for the point. I am once again begging for Robbie Muirhead to not get 90 minutes every week.

I was surprised by how unarsed he looked. Crawford was extremely poor as well. I do think it’s a Morton team that are a bit leggy due to having a small squad and not being able to rotate much (just a guess). 

Considering the team we are having to put out Brown is doing absolute wonders with them. 

First half hour was pretty poor but we tweaked something (or I presume so because I couldn't place what it was) and ran the game until the last 15.  

Had a number of good chances to get a second on a plate from a pretty poor Morton defence but they seemed to manage to get a toe on things out of nowhere. 

Disagree with comments about Morton being overly rough as we gave as good as we got.  Only real rough stuff was that c**t Baird putting his shoulder into Bryden off the ball which should have been a yellow and the suplex that (I think) Oakley did which IMO was just funny - think he got booked. Lots of niggly stuff otherwise not letting folk just go past which is fine with me. 

Two more times in the Somerset Road End and then never have to go back in there 😍

1 minute ago, itzdrk said:

Considering the team we are having to put out Brown is doing absolute wonders with them. 

First half hour was pretty poor but we tweaked something (or I presume so because I couldn't place what it was) and ran the game until the last 15.  

Had a number of good chances to get a second on a plate from a pretty poor Morton defence but they seemed to manage to get a toe on things out of nowhere. 

Disagree with comments about Morton being overly rough as we gave as good as we got.  Only real rough stuff was that c**t Baird putting his shoulder into Bryden off the ball which should have been a yellow and the suplex that (I think) Oakley did which IMO was just funny - think he got booked. Lots of niggly stuff otherwise not letting folk just go past which is fine with me. 

Two more times in the Somerset Road End and then never have to go back in there 😍

I don’t think Oakley got booked for the suplex, as I remember thinking it was hilarious refereeing! 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I don’t think Oakley got booked for the suplex, as I remember thinking it was hilarious refereeing! 

Was maybe just an incident in the same area shortly after.  He's a really weak referee and inconsistent in his decisions.  

2 hours ago, Chippyminton said:

It only bypasses Maybole (and rightly so). Girvan is unscathed and untouched. See you in the chippy later.

Girvan is for wee guys, Maybole is for shaggers. 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

There was nothing in the Bryden incident at the end of the first half. 

If you see the video that the analyst had it is a clearly 100% head butt , Baird trying to say Bryden collided with his shoulder 😁

Edited by Finlay21

7 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

If you see the video that the analyst had it is a clearly 100% head butt , Baird trying to say Bryden collided with his shoulder 😁

Hope that's going to the compliance officer then.  I was sure it was just a shoulder.  

Baird has been a walking red card waiting to happen recently. He got away with an off the ball incident in the 2nd half too that not many folk noticed. Maybe he’s just raging at the nick of our performances right now. 
I join Dunning in wondering why Robbie Muirhead continues to get a free pass to wander around a football pitch for 90 minutes each week. It’s all fine and well saying he’s scored 16 goals this season, but he’s done next to nothing since bagging a hat trick against Ayr back in January. Garrity was having a far better game than he was yet he is the one taken off. 
We seemed to get a bit of control in the game towards the end once Power and Wilson got going. Would like to see the pair of them start on Friday night. 

15 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I was right behind it in the SRE and could’ve sworn it was only a shoulder but fair enough. Would explain Dowds reaction which saw him booked. 

8 minutes ago, Scosha said:

He got away with an off the ball incident in the 2nd half too that not many folk noticed.

Yes he used an elbow in that one