11 minutes ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Weatherspoons never ❌

Bowling Club done till death ❌

Stadium bar probably a ❌

Wedge Stags door open for 11✔

Announce Ins please

There's always the option of a bag of cans down the shore, which might be more suited to your tastes. 

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

If you're a smoker don't go to the stadium as they won't let you out (well they will, you'll just need to pay to get in again).

I thought that was only a policy we enforced when playing St Mirren to give the manchild Div something to cry about.

1 minute ago, FifeSons said:

I thought that was only a policy we enforced when playing St Mirren to give the manchild Div something to cry about.

Nope. We tried to negotiate to let the Swiss out for a smoke at the last home game and it was a hard no. What is particularly silly about it is that if you're in hospitality you can stand at the front door and smoke until your heart attack arrives but those plebs in the fan bar can f**k off if they want the same privilege.

22 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Nope. We tried to negotiate to let the Swiss out for a smoke at the last home game and it was a hard no. What is particularly silly about it is that if you're in hospitality you can stand at the front door and smoke until your heart attack arrives but those plebs in the fan bar can f**k off if they want the same privilege.

I go out to smoke and come back in, fairly regularly. Along with a Peterhead fan mate of mine whenever they're in town.

You just walk out the door beside the club shop into the main stadium entrance, stand outside and smoke and then back in again. That's always been the case for the circa 20 years I've been going.

Edited by Sweet Pete

9 minutes ago, Sweet Pete said:

I go out to smoke and come back in, fairly regularly. Along with a Peterhead fan mate of mine whenever they're in town.

You just walk out the door beside the club shop into the main stadium entrance, stand outside and smoke and then back in again. That's always been the case for the circa 20 years I've been going.

You must get special dispensation as the club builder. Genuinely refuse me every time I've asked :lol:

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You must get special dispensation as the club builder. Genuinely refuse me every time I've asked :lol:

Ask who? There's no-one man's that door. I've never once been challenged on it. Are you trying to go out the turnstile or fire exit or something?

1 minute ago, Sweet Pete said:

Ask who? There's no-one man's that door. I've never once been challenged on it. Are you trying to go out the turnstile or fire exit or something?

The front door to the club, there certainly is someone manning it and they've told me on numerous occasions we can't get out, as recent as the last home game. 

1 minute ago, The Moonster said:

The front door to the club, there certainly is someone manning it and they've told me on numerous occasions we can't get out, as recent as the last home game. 

Who? Tell them to f**k off.

1 hour ago, The Moonster said:

You mean like Scotland teams through the ages, it was easier to get in than back oot ?

20 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

20 hours ago, The Moonster said:

If he can only try and bring his own cigarettes at some point too that would be great 🤣

On 09/04/2024 at 08:48, The Moonster said:

You have a Wetherspoons (the James Lang) and the Counting House which does similar fare in the high street. A couple of old man style pubs there too but other than that it's the Rock Bowling club or the stadium. Depends what you're after really. If you're a smoker don't go to the stadium as they won't let you out (well they will, you'll just need to pay to get in again).

Cheers. Looks like the pubs around the High St are all fairly close to each other so will check out more than one if time allows. Good to have options close to the stadium. Any of them have a beer garden if by some miracle it's dry and sunny on Saturday?

Edited by RutherGlen

Is Dumbarton rock open yet? Thinking of heading along early and taking the wee man a wander up to burn off some energy, so he'll sit through a game of football peacefully for once. Weather permitting of course. 

1 hour ago, RutherGlen said:

Cheers. Looks like the pubs around the High St are all fairly close to each other so will check out more than one if time allows. Good to have options close to the stadium. Any of them have a beer garden if by some miracle it's dry and sunny on Saturday?

The Counting House and James Lang have beer gardens in the high street. No beer gardens at the bowling club or stadium. 

17 minutes ago, same_ol_g35 said:

Is Dumbarton rock open yet? Thinking of heading along early and taking the wee man a wander up to burn off some energy, so he'll sit through a game of football peacefully for once. Weather permitting of course. 

Aye, I believe the castle is open.

Forecast for Saturday is windy with rain showers though, so bring an anchor with you.

Is the Lennox pub still in existence ? We used to drink in there (upstairs I think) after rugby training about 40 years ago. That was with Dumbarton Rugby Club before the merger that formed Vale of Leven Rugby Club. Kinda showing my age a bit ......

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Is the Lennox pub still in existence ? We used to drink in there (upstairs I think) after rugby training about 40 years ago. That was with Dumbarton Rugby Club before the merger that formed Vale of Leven Rugby Club. Kinda showing my age a bit ......

The Lennox is still there aye. I doubt it's had a paint job since you were last in. 

2 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Yes, the Lennox is still there but it's now a downstairs bar only of the busy howff type.  The wee lounge upstairs was run by a very pleasant woman called Ruth back in the day.

I take it you were a teammate of Ian McGregor, Dougie Lockhart, Malky King, 'Joe' Benton and Alistair Kerr, to name a few ?

23 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Around the corner on the Old Bridge is The Glencairn, small & more food orientated though, carry on over the bridge and there's The Waverely, darts, pool, Sky tv etc.

11 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Yes, the Lennox is still there but it's now a downstairs bar only of the busy howff type.  The wee lounge upstairs was run by a very pleasant woman called Ruth back in the day.

I take it you were a teammate of Ian McGregor, Dougie Lockhart, Malky King, 'Joe' Benton and Alistair Kerr, to name a few ?

Those names aren't familiar, but I only played there for a year or so around 1984 or 1985. I got a serious shoulder injury and had to quit.

At my age remembering names from away back is problematic ! Todd Smith (?) was one I think, and I remember 'Guddy' who mainly captained the B team.