Airdrie v Dunfermline

I believe we are two games to one up so far?  
Airdrie are going well right now, and are deserving of their 4th place in the league. I won’t deny that I was surprised by their result against the Rovers, making this game a must win for us to have any chance of overhauling them for the coveted 4th spot. 
I won’t hold my breath though, it’s been a totally conkers season in this league making any score prediction more than difficult to guess. 
I think this is going to be a belter of a game, and I’m spewing I can’t go as I have a wedding. 
I just hope The Red Diamond can’t make it to this one either as I think that’ll seal our fate. 
I’m going for a 1-2 win for the Pars only because I have to believe we can do it. 

This should be a good game.  Both teams have every reason to feel confident going into it - obviously it's advantage Airdrie for the playoffs, but both teams are in good form.

I keep expecting our fixture pileup to take its toll on us and it keeps on not happening, but at some point it surely must.  We've been fortunate that McGill has become available again just as McStravick got injured - but we'll surely not see McStravick, Rae or Aiken again this season, and I don't know if or when McCabe will be back.  Granted we've been doing pretty darn well without them, but those are all important players for us, and if we're not quite at the bare bones just yet, those are all players who you'd want available. 

Airdrie fans can't *not* be looking for a win here with how we've been doing since the new year, but a draw would also be a good result in terms of keeping Dunfermline back.

Happy with a draw, a would have bitten your hand off with 5th back in February.
Want Airdrie to keep there momentum up and steamroller there way into the playoff final against team 11.

9 hours ago, A Diamond For Me said:

This should be a good game.  Both teams have every reason to feel confident going into it - obviously it's advantage Airdrie for the playoffs, but both teams are in good form.

I keep expecting our fixture pileup to take its toll on us and it keeps on not happening, but at some point it surely must.  We've been fortunate that McGill has become available again just as McStravick got injured - but we'll surely not see McStravick, Rae or Aiken again this season, and I don't know if or when McCabe will be back.  Granted we've been doing pretty darn well without them, but those are all important players for us, and if we're not quite at the bare bones just yet, those are all players who you'd want available. 

Airdrie fans can't *not* be looking for a win here with how we've been doing since the new year, but a draw would also be a good result in terms of keeping Dunfermline back.

That's why a win here would be so great. A draw would still put us in a good position, but a win virtually seals 4th which means we could rotate a bit in the final weeks and lighten the load on the key players. You don't want to lose momentum, but if we were to have any chance of getting through the play-offs we'd need to be pretty fresh going into them.

5 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

That's why a win here would be so great. A draw would still put us in a good position, but a win virtually seals 4th which means we could rotate a bit in the final weeks and lighten the load on the key players. You don't want to lose momentum, but if we were to have any chance of getting through the play-offs we'd need to be pretty fresh going into them.

Very true, yes.  The experience of the Morton play off might have a bearing on McCabe's thinking.

10 hours ago, Richey Edwards said:

The red diamond. 

took the words right out my mouth. would take a draw here to maintain the 6 point lead and it means 1 point from 3 games clinches it. But a win would be excellent. Think if Airdrie can get past Thistle then should feel confident of doing the backtoback promotions.

Got Raith on the mantlepiece this year, beat St J in the cup and also ran County close in the league cup.

Airdrie on the ascendency against a  side with it all to lose could be interesting.

Need to win all our remaining fixtures in my opinion to secure 4th, when you consider goal difference. Goes without saying, but if we don't win, then it's over for us. Totally bonkers season. 

what I found mental was our away form we have 17 points overall with 12 of them being the 4 recent midweek away ties that realistically you'd have been happy to collect 5 or 6 given the opponents ; 

Dundee United

Dunfermline

Arbroath

Raith

Outstanding!

More of a not lose game for us but Rhys only has only one thing in mind and that’s 3 points.   It’ll be cigars on Saturday night with a win but I’m expecting Dunfermline to treat this like a cup final.  And surely they’ll want revenge for last month.  

all in all an exciting game expected - I dare not predict anything other than a home win.   This team comes up with the goods all the time.   

3-1 (that seems to be the new 2-1) 👍♦️

Results over the last two seasons are slightly in our favour regarding wins and draws. Our last defeat of 2-0 is an unlikely scenario this time round, we're much more the team we should have been with player availability. It'll be tight and Airdrie are a good team, but so are we. I think it'll be 2-1 Pars, maybe a 2-2 draw, but we really need the win, and McPake really likes to beat Airdrie.

The 2-0 game was weird, we actually created a good few opportunities, Todd had a hat trick of chances that on another day he scores at least one. 

Then you had the yellow which really should've been a red. Despite that we then gave up as soon as Airdrie scored there second, poor night. 

27 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

The 2-0 game was weird, we actually created a good few opportunities, Todd had a hat trick of chances that on another day he scores at least one. 

Then you had the yellow which really should've been a red. Despite that we then gave up as soon as Airdrie scored there second, poor night. 

Totally agree, looking back over the season that is the one that rankles the most. Airdrie deserved winners in the end but we should have been out of sight and Airdrie down to ten men in the first half. Could quite easily end up being the difference between 4th and 5th.

2 hours ago, HoBNob said:

He's only fuckin human after all

On 10/04/2024 at 09:41, Wacky said:

I believe we are two games to one up so far?  
Airdrie are going well right now, and are deserving of their 4th place in the league. I won’t deny that I was surprised by their result against the Rovers, making this game a must win for us to have any chance of overhauling them for the coveted 4th spot. 
I won’t hold my breath though, it’s been a totally conkers season in this league making any score prediction more than difficult to guess. 
I think this is going to be a belter of a game, and I’m spewing I can’t go as I have a wedding. 
I just hope The Red Diamond can’t make it to this one either as I think that’ll seal our fate. 
I’m going for a 1-2 win for the Pars only because I have to believe we can do it. 

The Red Diamond will be there. 3-1 home win ♦️♦️♦️♦️