The Mo V Accies

Big game for us tomorrow but not going into it with a lot of optimism. Since beating Alloa and Cove, performances have been dire (although unlucky last week). Hopefully SP has booted some ass since Tuesday night. Those dropped 3 points could well come back to haunt us.

Accies have more than secured second place but is it too early to start resting players in preparation for the play offs.

Will be watching this with one eye on the proceedings at Cove.  Not sure what result suits us best. An Alloa win secures their play off place. If Cove win and we win then we are all within a couple of points. Cove have the easiest run in where Alloa have the hardest with Accies and Falkirk to play.

However, main thing is, we have to win. Its in our own hands.

23 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

Big game for us tomorrow but not going into it with a lot of optimism. Since beating Alloa and Cove, performances have been dire (although unlucky last week). Hopefully SP has booted some ass since Tuesday night. Those dropped 3 points could well come back to haunt us.

Accies have more than secured second place but is it too early to start resting players in preparation for the play offs.

Will be watching this with one eye on the proceedings at Cove.  Not sure what result suits us best. An Alloa win secures their play off place. If Cove win and we win then we are all within a couple of points. Cove have the easiest run in where Alloa have the hardest with Accies and Falkirk to play.

However, main thing is, we have to win. Its in our own hands.

Heading down to this one with my mate. Looking forward to it. We came down lady’s season for your game with Falkirk which was off due to them being in the Scottish cup ended up at Arbroath Victoria as was only local game on.

Able to tick links park off the list of grounds. Here’s to a good game 

Think the result Montrose had on Tuesday will actually make this game harder for us unlike ourselves Montrose actually have a manager who knows what he's doing and I'm expecting a reaction from them tomorrow big game for them and they really need to win i can see them beating us tomorrow. We must be careful on how much minutes we give the guys who are carrying injuries/back from injury however I don't trust Rankin one bit on managing that correctly as he showed at Annan with Longridge. 

Montrose 2-1 Accies 

18 hours ago, Ian Mcleod said:

Think the result Montrose had on Tuesday will actually make this game harder for us unlike ourselves Montrose actually have a manager who knows what he's doing and I'm expecting a reaction from them tomorrow big game for them and they really need to win i can see them beating us tomorrow. We must be careful on how much minutes we give the guys who are carrying injuries/back from injury however I don't trust Rankin one bit on managing that correctly as he showed at Annan with Longridge. 

Montrose 2-1 Accies 

Got the score the wrong way round, sadly for us. I hope Montrose performed better than on Tuesday night. Would hate this season to fizzle out like last year's. Hope the team are capable of shaking themselves down and getting going again for the last couple of games before the playoffs.

I never like it when we are looking to other teams to do us a favour but if Alloa can win tonight, I would be happier than I am so far today with both the Dons and the Mo losing.

It was a very indifferent display from both teams and not the reaction I was looking for following Tuesday. I thought starting Batchelor was bemusing but to be fair to him he did much more than Kane who just sulked. Hopefully Cammy isn’t out for long if we are going to have any chance of making playoffs. IMO we need to make a couple of signings in every department if we want to properly have a hack at the league next year.

Performance was slightly better this week compared to recent weeks however,  two terrible goals to lose. We'll certainly have to up our game for the last 2 games. Alloa have done us a favour so let's grab it, get to the play offs then gub them in the final.

Glad we're still in it despite dropping points. Kelty on Saturday is a HUGE game now. Definitely a six pointer since they have crept up the league to become potential playoff contenders. Their result against Falkirk shows how tough things will be.

Cove also showed today that they are capable of taking maximum points in their remaining matches, if they get the rub of the green.

We don't need to worry about them though. It's in our own hands.

Hoping Cammy Gill is back between the sticks by then.

On paper a win at Montrose looks like a really good win as it is a difficult place to go however again that was awful today and I think we were lucky to win as we have been most of the season Montrose also robbed of a stonewall penalty from what my view if that game had finished 3-2 Montrose today then I don't think we would have been able to complain. 

1 hour ago, Ian Mcleod said:

On paper a win at Montrose looks like a really good win as it is a difficult place to go however again that was awful today and I think we were lucky to win as we have been most of the season Montrose also robbed of a stonewall penalty from what my view if that game had finished 3-2 Montrose today then I don't think we would have been able to complain. 

We didn't do enough to win the game today. However, the only 2 people in the ground who never saw the blatant handball were the referee and the linesman.  Had we got a draw from what should have been a pen, I'm sure it wouldn't have been grudged.

Despite not being very good, I did think that we had two or three really nice passages of play in the first half and Scott Martin's 45 minutes on the park was a joy to watch. Henderson was a lot better in the second half when he moved inside and Lewis Smith was impressive.

Everything else? Not much fun. 

47 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

Despite not being very good, I did think that we had two or three really nice passages of play in the first half and Scott Martin's 45 minutes on the park was a joy to watch. Henderson was a lot better in the second half when he moved inside and Lewis Smith was impressive.

Everything else? Not much fun. 

Good that SM getting his fitness up before he moves to us in the summer 👍😎 

8 hours ago, PortyMo said:

We didn't do enough to win the game today. However, the only 2 people in the ground who never saw the blatant handball were the referee and the linesman.  Had we got a draw from what should have been a pen, I'm sure it wouldn't have been grudged.

Yeah you guys had a few chances that you should have done a lot better with the one our keeper made a mess off and Hester had a few chances he should have been at the least be hitting the target.