Dundee v Celtic

If Celtic manage a comfortable win like the 7-1 tanking we gave them at Celtic Park in February it would provoke severe meltdowns from the **** given the recent pitch fiasco and the email spam folder incident from the pandemic. 

That will go down as a rare blot on an otherwise fantastic first season back in the top flight for Dundee and a first season as a manager for Tony Docherty. Useless bit or irrelevant trivia, I remember him as a teenager for  Stirling Albion in the early 1990s when he was nicknamed Tony the tiger by the Albion fans and he had a shocking wavy perm hairstyle.  Second piece of irrelevant trivia, his brother Vinnie was my maths teacher at St Modans High in Stirling around then.

Business end of the season and squeaky bum time, performances, individually and collectively matter not a jot, especially with our difficulty in seeing games out from narrow winning positions is a concern so it would be nice to record a comfortable, nerve free win here but any sort of victory will suffice given the importance of the three points. 

Edited by Flybhoy

Be interesting to see who our wingers will be. Yang is shite, Palma has come back from injury but was off form and looked off it when he came on on Sunday. I'm hoping Forrest is fit to start with Kyogo put out wide as Idah deserves to be starting really. Anyway my Prediction is...

Dundee P:P Celtic

Just now, gannonball said:

Be interesting to see who our wingers will be. Yang is shite, Palma has come back from injury but was off form and looked off it when he came on on Sunday. I'm hoping Forrest is fit to start with Kyogo put out wide as Idah deserves to be starting really. Anyway my Prediction is...

Dundee P:P Celtic

Has to be Forrest and I agree with Idah starting. Got a feeling Kyogo will be offski in the summer.

3 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

If Celtic manage a comfortable win like the 7-1 tanking we gave them at Celtic Park in February it would provoke severe meltdowns from the **** given the recent pitch fiasco and the email spam folder incident from the pandemic. 

That will go down as a rare blot on an otherwise fantastic first season back in the top flight for Dundee and a first season as a manager for Tony Docherty. Useless bit or irrelevant trivia, I remember him as a teenager for  Stirling Albion in the early 1990s when he was nicknamed Tony the tiger by the Albion fans and he had a shocking wavy perm hairstyle.  Second piece of irrelevant trivia, his brother Vinnie was my maths teacher at St Modans High in Stirling around then.

Business end of the season and squeaky bum time, performances, individually and collectively matter not a jot, especially with our difficulty in seeing games out from narrow winning positions is a concern so it would be nice to record a comfortable, nerve free win here but any sort of victory will suffice given the importance of the three points. 

Stirling.

Deary me.

Thank you.

9 minutes ago, Dundee-FC92 said:

Stirling.

Deary me.

Thank you.

I know mate, the mess of the place by council tearing it up for box ticking cycle lanes that barely get used is a fucking joke. 

10 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

That will go down as a rare blot on an otherwise fantastic first season back in the top flight for Dundee and a first season as a manager for Tony Docherty.

Nah, already forgotten by most Dees.  Until some d**k brings it up, that is! 

While I don't expect us to get anything from this game the 7-1 was a freak result(hopefully 🤪)docherty got it wrong that night with 2 up front at parkhead a hiding was always on the cards ...the same lineup and formation that did well v sevco will hopefully see us give Celtic a game 

10 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

I know mate, the mess of the place by council tearing it up for box ticking cycle lanes that barely get used is a fucking joke. 

Same thing happening in Arbroath right this very minute. 

11 minutes ago, tam the bud said:

Been reported that Dundee have given Celtic less tickets than they normally do. 

Don't know the amount, but well done for doing what most other top league clubs have done recently 👍 

400 less. Sounds like the same scenario as Raith Rovers recent visit to Tannadice. 

Both teams hitting form at the right time of the season, this one will be a lot harder fought than other games this season but I still expect a Celtic win unfortunately. 

These games are free hits for us. I'd like us to start with a formation and line up that similar to the Rangers game but I think we may go back to a 3-5-2. Rangers punted it long constantly so there was no need to congest the midfield where I think we need to do that in this game. 

Tiffoney and Bakayoko up front as normal. 

22 minutes ago, Pens_Dark said:

Both teams hitting form at the right time of the season, this one will be a lot harder fought than other games this season but I still expect a Celtic win unfortunately. 

These games are free hits for us. I'd like us to start with a formation and line up that similar to the Rangers game but I think we may go back to a 3-5-2. Rangers punted it long constantly so there was no need to congest the midfield where I think we need to do that in this game. 

Tiffoney and Bakayoko up front as normal. 

Given how tight it's likely to be for 5th it may be a free hit points-wise (although I'm not so sure this time) buy we need to avoid a heavy defeat to help that -5 GD over St M.  

1 hour ago, tam the bud said:

Been reported that Dundee have given Celtic less tickets than they normally do. 

Don't know the amount, but well done for doing what most other top league clubs have done recently 👍 

53 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

400 less. Sounds like the same scenario as Raith Rovers recent visit to Tannadice. 

Alas not. They've been given the same allocation they always get, unfortunately. We just sometimes sell a portion of them ourselves to ensure Celtic fans aren't trying to purchase tickets in the Dundee end. We've did this a few times when Celtic are in more, shall we say, 'jubliant' moods.

1 minute ago, Ludo*1 said:

Alas not. They've been given the same allocation they always get, unfortunately. We just sometimes sell a portion of them ourselves to ensure Celtic fans aren't trying to purchase tickets in the Dundee end. We've did this a few times when Celtic are in more, shall we say, 'jubliant' moods.

I always wondered why Dundee did this but that kind of makes sense tbh.