Smokies v Spiders

36 minutes ago, afc_36_0 said:

Just f**k off McIntyre!

Surely there's no chance you go into next season with him in charge? Getting rid of Campbell was absolutely the right thing to do, but McIntyre clearly hasn't a clue and there's zero evidence to suggest things will improve without someone else taking over.

Note to Davidson. Do not leave Sheridan on the bench in future. Another superb showing from the big man, think he’s definitely warranted an extension for next season now 

In our own hands now against hopefully a 2nd string Airdrie. Still won’t be easy but I think we can do it

All the best to Arbroath. Hopefully we don’t join you next season but that must be horrific viewing watching that all season. Looked a league 2 side 

Edited by qpfc

6 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Surely there's no chance you go into next season with him in charge? Getting rid of Campbell was absolutely the right thing to do, but McIntyre clearly hasn't a clue and there's zero evidence to suggest things will improve without someone else taking over.

You would think, but our board have only sacked 2 managers in 24 years, and are totally sack averse, so they are apparently backing him.  Some of our fans have also decided to shrug their shoulders and accept it.

My first trip to Arbroath (a lovely place).  I had my first Smokie at the Old Brewhouse (smashing). And a terrific display from the Spiders once they settled down.  I was wrapped up to the gills and shivering despite the blue skies. It takes a hardy soul to stand on that terrace in the winter!

At least our fate is back in our hands.

Well that was as embarrassing a home performance as I can ever recall.   Even having the semblance of a starting defence (albeit returning) didn’t disguise what seemed a complete lack of shape.  One shot and one corner? Last week, we were unlucky against Morton and maybe even deserved to edge it. Here we were second best in every situation, no cohesion, little midfield presence and second to every 50:50 plus some basic defensive sloppiness.  Queens have had our number this season (and last? - with one memorable exception) and much more at stake but this was unacceptable.   Surprisingly decent turnout for the last home game meant carrying a feel-bad factor into the close season.   I had hoped the players released from the pressure might gather a few points in the final games as consolation but it has been grim - and I can’t ever recall 9 defeats in a row.  I don’t hold with ‘change the manager’ kneejerk reactions but this raised serious questions.   Time to enjoy the break, regroup and look forward to a change of scenery next season.

in that context, it’s hard to assess Queens. Some quality individual players but a strange season for you.  

1 hour ago, farflung lichtie said:

In that context, it’s hard to assess Queens. Some quality individual players but a strange season for you.  

I was commenting elsewhere that a BBC statistic showed that this season Queens have dropped 24 points from winning positions. If we had managed to salvage half of those points then Friday's game against Airdrie would have been a promotion playoff decider rather than a defacto relegation playoff decider.   We just haven't been able to defend leads this season.

7 minutes ago, Stuntiethumper said:

I was commenting elsewhere that a BBC statistic showed that this season Queens have dropped 24 points from winning positions. If we had managed to salvage half of those points then Friday's game against Airdrie would have been a promotion playoff decider rather than a defacto relegation playoff decider.   We just haven't been able to defend leads this season.

Totally agree. Davidson has delivered 26 points since joining so a BIG WELL DONE to him for the turnaround and signing of some badly needed experienced players. Pre December form and management and starting line ups and incredulous substitutions completely turned the season into a survival battle . Delighted for the players the squad and the club for that performance yesterday. No other team has done that at Gayfield this year. It actually could have been 8, 9 or even 10 yesterday. Were we that good or is that performance in the teams DNA. We will find out on Friday. Good to have our destiny in our own hands now 🙌