Stenhousemuir -vs- Bonnyrigg Rose (Saturday 27 April 2024) - Title day, baby!

This Saturday is perhaps the most monumental in the history of Stenhousemuir Football Club: it is the day we are presented with our first ever league title. It feels incredible just to write it on an internet messageboard, so Christ knows how I'll feel when this game actually wraps up. All roads have led to this moment and I cannot wait to cap this wonderful season with this group of players, this management team, and all my friends and associates who have hitherto sunk decades into this club with nothing to show for it.

Does anyone really care about the match itself? Although I'm curious to see if Stenny can draw an entire quarter of their matches, I would love to see us win here. We've been the better team every time we've taken on Bonnyrigg Rose this season but only squeezed by 1-0 each time. I'd like to put this mob on the mantelpiece (and then do the same to Stranraer next week). The Rose recorded one of the most surprising results of the year when they thumped East Fife 4-1 at Bayview, a scoreline that really wasn't reflective of how good they were and how they dominated the match, but were immediately brought back down to earth by losing at the Spartans; as a result, they're still very much in the muck at the foot of the table. We know what we're getting here - dig, guts, fight, and almost no quality - and we have to match their endeavour at the very least if we're to triumph. We're a better team and I want them to understand why we're the champions.

Given our recent injuries and ailments, I think we'll see a team of odds and sods for this one, but I'd like us to go with the best team available to get the win. The Rose have plenty to play for and they will be up for it. I'd like Darren Jamieson, Mikey Anderson and Matty Yates restored to the starting XI, however I don't think this will be in line with the manager's thinking and we'll see Curtis Lyle, Jordan Kirkpatrick and Bradley Rodden getting a run out instead. I'd pick:

- Matty Aitken -

- Euan O'Reilly - Matty Yates - Ross Taylor -

- Mikey Anderson - James Berry -

- Kinlay Bilham - Edin Lynch - Gregor Buchanan - Ross Meechan -

- Darren Jamieson -

I can't wait for this one. This will be a huge day and I hope to see as many of you there as possible.

Edited by Francesc Fabregas

• Francesc Fabregas changed the title to Stenhousemuir -vs- Bonnyrigg Rose (Saturday 27 April 2024) - Title day, baby!

I'm hoping this will be one big party and is setting up to be so.

Very impressive that already 1000 home tickets have been sold.

Absolutely ecstatic for this so let's get the three points and show why we're champions.

Cmon warriors 🇱🇻

Decent match and good crowd (1512), and an emotional day for many. Bonnybridge were well up for it and deserved their point, in my view.

Think that was the first Martyniuk penalty saved this season, but not long after Barrett got their justified goal. I've a feeling the Warriors would have got the three points if they hadn't made as many understandable changes.

Delighted to see Donald coming out to present the trophy. 

Some pictures from today:

1GuardofHonour.jpg.aa6bf4ba87a08de74b0421f951f437b2.jpg

2DSenclosure.jpg.f2f38efda063c21d0d529ec9ff785907.jpg

3BRplayersandfans.jpg.42fd2a0983d7e6bd0ab3f53b06e1ff31.jpg

4DSpodium.jpg.a786efb9d036352eef3bb6d75a5e2cfd.jpg

5aStaffmedals.jpg.49bf84562b9d75bcc97395b2d1e4a5b5.jpg

5bPlayers.jpg.1777419f93f5055b1a0647f53f2218dd.jpg

6ConfettiCannon.jpg.99e70767f3b66d01005ee5a3debdfb40.jpg