Dees v St Mirren- the battle for European glory

6 minutes ago, geo87 said:

Shat myself when Dundee pulled one back, allowed myself to believe after our third and thought I’d jinxed it.

As some have alluded to, we were excellent today, and whilst Dundee no doubt had an off day we played a huge part in that literally from kick off. We are a different defence with Bolton, and Strain (but that probably goes without saying).

Mandron excellent again today, with Baccus doing an excellent shift when he came on.

Mccowan is class - he’ll surely get a “big” Move in the summer 

The rumour is that McCowan has already extended his stay and loves it at Dens. We'll sell one of McCowan and Cameron in the summer and Cameron will likely net us the much bigger fee. Cameron has already been giving it the, 'We'll see in the summer chat' whereas McCowan has publicly been saying he wants to extend his deal.

We should be cashing in on one in the summer but simply can't afford to lose both.

Fair play St Mirren-that's as good a performance as I've seen from any side at Dens this year. Literally blew Dees away from the outset. Gave Dundee no time on the ball and the physicality of your strikers had the Dees deference unsettled all day. 

Will help Dundee identify where they are at - but St Mirren are a couple of years ahead of Dundee on this journey and look a very proficient team👍

That performance was as good as when we beat Hibs twice and the Dons once on their own pitch. 

Fair to say i am glad we loss the race to sign Main in the January transfer window. 

4 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

It does seem some decency has broken out. 

And we can all laugh at St Johnstone.

I think we can all agree that St. Johnstone being emptied would be the ideal conclusion to a wonderful season.

A very good display from us today. Punished Dundee for their dismal defending. Good to see O'Hara looking more like he was last season. Strain makes a huge difference, but the whole defence were very good. A well deserved 3 points.

Hard to mention individuals without focussing on the colossus that is Gogic…

But both Strain and Baccus showed real class today.

Such a shame we didn’t have them available for the whole season as I think with those two guys, even VAR wouldn’t have stopped us being above Killie.

23 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

The rumour is that McCowan has already extended his stay and loves it at Dens. We'll sell one of McCowan and Cameron in the summer and Cameron will likely net us the much bigger fee. Cameron has already been giving it the, 'We'll see in the summer chat' whereas McCowan has publicly been saying he wants to extend his deal.

We should be cashing in on one in the summer but simply can't afford to lose both.

McCowan is Gorgie bound 👍

1 minute ago, woolf said:

McCowan is Gorgie bound 👍

Spare £1million after you sell Shankland to one of the OF and he might well be.

We lost the physical battle today and probably a fair result overall. 

Some shite I heard people spouting at full time though. You’d think we just went 5 points adrift at the bottom the way they were reacting. 

Sore one - we were uncharacteristically shite. Second to everything and torn apart by a team in St Mirren that were just simply better.

Well done to them, something to really look forward to for the next season. Just have to put your hands up and admit St Mirren are a team that are at a level we aspire to be at. 

Not going to get too carried away in criticism as we have exceeded our expectations this season. That was a really poor one though. Please never let me see Lamie at the centre of a back 3 ever again. 

4 minutes ago, Bobby_F said:

Hard to mention individuals without focussing on the colossus that is Gogic…

But both Strain and Baccus showed real class today.

Such a shame we didn’t have them available for the whole season as I think with those two guys, even VAR wouldn’t have stopped us being above Killie.

I would hope someone stick a bit of paper in front of him with him thinking it as for an autograft to sign, where instead it is a contract for the next 2 yrs. 

2 minutes ago, The Master said:

Some shite I heard people spouting at full time though. You’d think we just went 5 points adrift at the bottom the way they were reacting. 

Heard that before, our fans can be quick to forget this is Dundee and St Mirren we are talking about. Fantastic seasons so far for both.

7 minutes ago, The Master said:

Loving the “probably”. 🤣🤣🤣

7 minutes ago, The Master said:

I understand where you're coming from however i don't agree with that last comment, personally. Just because we're in the top 6 that doesn't mean our standards should slip or the fans should accept such a poor performance.