Dees v St Mirren- the battle for European glory

Very lucky to just be one down that half. We couldn't cope with St Mirren's press initially and have just never settled into the game thereafter. Major rethink needed at the break.  Bar the performance against Rangers, I'd say that's the worst we've been at home all season and it's all because we can't deal with St Mirren's press and as such shitting the bed.

Posted (edited)

I've called Dundee shite many times in my life, but rarely have I found cause to use the word "surprisingly" before it. Just not handled St Mirren's press whatsoever, Robinson got his tactics spot on. If it didn't take them 40 minutes to get a shot on target they'd be up by a couple more, plenty good chances gone to waste.

Even when we've had chances we've cracked under the pressure, McCowan's missed chance was unforgivable. Our best player having one of his worst games of the season in such a big game is gutting. Doc needs to change tactics quick and get some confidence into these players.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

Think we're worth our lead. We've missed a couple of snips but not really worked McCracken much. 1-0 probably fair.

The ref is annoying me, Donnelly's booking was pathetic barely a foul, then McCowan (I think?) puts his studs into Olusanya's arm and no yellow.

Dundee haven't been great but still a couple of decent efforts. 

We have had a habit of putting in a great first half, then a very meh second half. If that happens again, I can't see Dundee being charitable and not exploiting that.

Obvs... I'd take the lead over being behind at half time.

Not a ‘crowd w**k’ question, but my dad seems really disappointed with size of Saints support, and says Well, Killie, St Johnstone regularly fill that stand.

Any Dundee fans thoughts  welcome.

1 minute ago, Bobby_F said:

Not a ‘crowd w**k’ question, but my dad seems really disappointed with size of Saints support, and says Well, Killie, St Johnstone regularly fill that stand.

No they don't.

1 minute ago, Bobby_F said:

I’ll give you a Saints fan’s thoughts.

Your Dad is talkin mince 🤣🤣

Just now, Bobby_F said:

If it was a massive game, I think St Johnstone (due to distance) and Killie have brought bigger in the past. Can't remember Motherwell bringing a huge support.

It's a decent support you've brought. Not many as I thought you'd bring but certainly good nonetheless.

Just now, Ludo*1 said:

If it was a massive game, I think St Johnstone (due to distance) and Killie have brought bigger in the past. Can't remember Motherwell bringing a huge support.

It's a decent support you've brought. Not many as I thought you'd bring but certainly good nonetheless.

I think we’ve brought bigger in the past too. I’m sure we had more at the Cody Cooke hat trick game. 

Just now, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I think we’ve brought bigger in the past too. I’m sure we had more at the Cody Cooke hat trick game. 

In the do-or-die game in 1990 we filled the away terrace and had a couple of sections of the Main Stand as well.

Amazing what free buses will do.

Just now, Arch Stanton said:

In the do-or-die game in 1990 we filled the away terrace and had a couple of sections of the Main Stand as well.

Amazing what free buses will do.

Was it snowing that day? I remember being at dens and it was a fuckin blizzard