Dead bodies lying undiscovered

Hardship brings community spirit to the surface, COVID being the recent example. Community spirit probably died to some degree with an increase in the standard of living and maybe also globalization. I don't think capitalism helps, it creates more of a competitive than cooperative community. 

Solutions? just the wee, basic things. it probably comes from within - If you want to create that you can even in the current climate. I'm probably like most people in the sense that if you're not in my extended circle I'll probably not be too aware, maybe hear through the grapevine. 

I used to live in a flat 13 up in Dalmuir. Old fella next door was lonely, but also a bit creepy. 
There was one occasion he pulled my then 6 yr old son into his flat to see a scalectrix track he had setup, while i was out at the bin. I had no idea where he'd gone till his wee sister said he'd went away with the guy next door.
He also tried passing on toys and stuff, but only when he heard the kids were over.
Like I said, just no right.

Never had any visitors that I could tell, but I was on shifts at the time so a lot of the time it was out to work, home to sleep, kept myself to myself.

One day I'm putting stuff out to the bin and his front doors lying open and some guy and lassie are binning stuff. 
Guy asks if I live next door, and when I say aye he starts going off his trolley about how the auld boy had died and I hadn't checked.
Telt him I took nothing to do with him, what had happened with my wean and if he was that interested why had I never seen him (this guy) in the 3 years previously.