24/25 - New Kits

Biased obviously, but I quite like it. I do wish the stripe was continuous, as I'm getting "wine waiter" vibes from the top part.

I must say I reckon much of the Apiaceaephobia is a bit performative. It's just a monochrome shape that doesn't even catch the eye much. A panel saying "Blogg's Garage" would be much worse.

30 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I understand Falkirk fans liking that top but surely fans of other clubs don't? Unless there's some historical significance to the white stripe down one side, it looks like someone has watched a few Luton games last season and thought "aye, that'll do us". The way the red stripes disappear above and below the sponsors logo (which impinges on and totally ruins any aesthetic points the stripe has) is just bizarre and of course the sponsor logo itself is a bit naff. I get it that folk say "well, you're talking about them so that's good" but when a logo is so poor and so badly executed, it doesn't make me want to find out who they are and what they do tbh. I thought the tribute to the old Beazer Homes strip last season was a decent enough effort but this is not good IMO. 

It’s a navy top, white shorts and red socks which is our colours so as you rightly say us Falkirk fans will like it. What we don’t seem to like is when they give us navy shorts, socks etc which isn’t navy, white, red , these strips aren’t very popular. I know there is a lot made of the sponsors logo but it doesn’t bother me, local company pumping money into the club, what’s not to like.

The daft half chewed carrot / Dick Dastardly’s car is not to my taste but it works for our marketing company sponsor so fair enough.

The new strip is a belter in my  view very continental and the interruption in the white stripe works well.

4 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Biased obviously, but I quite like it. I do wish the stripe was continuous, as I'm getting "wine waiter" vibes from the top part.

I must say I reckon much of the Apiaceaephobia is a bit performative. It's just a monochrome shape that doesn't even catch the eye much. A panel saying "Blogg's Garage" would be much worse.

You'll be pleased to hear that you are now the first person ever to use that word, at least on the internet
image.thumb.png.e4e394509923c0447be7d8ff61caf2c3.png

New googlewhack if you can find it in a dictionary

1 hour ago, starshot131 said:

You'll be pleased to hear that you are now the first person ever to use that word, at least on the internet
image.thumb.png.e4e394509923c0447be7d8ff61caf2c3.png

New googlewhack if you can find it in a dictionary

I made it up, that's why. I stand by it as a valid word though!

Don't particularly like the Falkirk top but I have a funny feeling I'm not their target market so they won't care about my opinion.

The sponsor logo is a talking point and you'd like to think they know what they're doing in that area.  

2 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Yup, I like that as a third kit for all it’ll get used.

That'll be useful for all those opposition teams that wear white and red but not red and white

59 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Just copying their big team.

GQmH54YXsAAc1bj?format=jpg&name=smallFC Glasgow Rangers | Brands of the World™ | Download vector logos and  logotypes

Except Airdrie actually had that badge on a jersey before Rangers had theirs! 

1954 for the Diamonds and 1956 for Rangers. 

I’m sure most clubs had similar, that was just what everyone did in the 1920s. Loads of Brazilian Teams, Barbarians Rugby etc.

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Just copying their big team.

GQmH54YXsAAc1bj?format=jpg&name=smallFC Glasgow Rangers | Brands of the World™ | Download vector logos and  logotypes

IMG_2071.jpeg

4 hours ago, Rhys McCabe Hype Train said:

Yup, I like that as a third kit for all it’ll get used.

I'd happily take that design in navy as a Rovers home kit. Normally Joma do something to ruin a top (the collar on the new Hibs strip), but that's understated and classy.