SCOTLAND EUROS FOOTBALL BOOKS

Thought I’d warm up for Germany by reading stuff about previous Scotland Euros campaigns. Any suggestions folks? So far have identified 3 books about the Euros. Not bought any yet. The books are…

Scotlands Swedish Adventure

A Nation Again

Scotland At The Euros Past and Present

Anyone on here read any of these and recommend them? Am looking for a decent read rather than the usual football tabloid book fodder. Something equivalent to Archie MacP’s World Cup book (title escapes me but a good read I thought)

cheers

2 hours ago, nate said:

Thought I’d warm up for Germany by reading stuff about previous Scotland Euros campaigns. Any suggestions folks? So far have identified 3 books about the Euros. Not bought any yet. The books are…

Scotlands Swedish Adventure

A Nation Again

Scotland At The Euros Past and Present

Anyone on here read any of these and recommend them? Am looking for a decent read rather than the usual football tabloid book fodder. Something equivalent to Archie MacP’s World Cup book (title escapes me but a good read I thought)

cheers

I think A Nation Again has or is being released fairly soon in an audio format if that suits you better. I have the book, but never really got round to reading it to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, ConstanceDWright said:

Any update?

Yep got all 3 on Amazon or eBay on the cheap

Scotlands Swedish Adventure is standard stuff. The kind of book you’d give a teenage boy for his birthday. Not bad but not great either 4/10

A Nation Again is better, a good memento, but no surprises. 6/10

Scotland At The Euros Past and Present is more fanzine style, a good laugh, puts the boot into English commentators etc, some good historical info too. Its very short but cheap enough 7/10

happy reading!