Attendance stats for the season

1 minute ago, RAITHROVERS84 said:

I’ll assume you’re young and / or a bit dim. Either way,  thanks for your input. 

No.....no.......and no problem 

On 07/05/2024 at 18:03, ATLIS said:

To add to that when we came back up from winning League 1 into the Championship we had the second smallest budget in the league and finished 2nd. We don't tend to be pissing money against the wall anymore. 

In all my P and B years, I've never seen this mythical list of budgets. Is it actually 'a thing' or do people just make assumptions based on attendances?

2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

In all my P and B years, I've never seen this mythical list of budgets. Is it actually 'a thing' or do people just make assumptions based on attendances?

It probably is. Most clubs don’t publish turnover figures, but in Thistle’s case attendance income probably accounts for only about 1/3 of the total.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Hampden Diehard said:

When people talk about budgets there’s clearly a level of ambiguity to it all. Obviously there’s no definitive, ranked list, but you can usually make an educated guess on how the budgets rank based on the size of club, size of crowd and even going by the players that clubs sign.

ETA - there are a few exceptions, such as your own club, where the budget is far harder to place due to the unknown level of outside investment involved. But even then you can still make a guess by looking at the squad. 

Edited by Nightmare

I think a fair amount of info can be gathered by player movement / offers from other clubs / who they end up with / who they turned down, albeit speculatively, but back-of-cigarette-packet equations can be there or thereabouts - add in attendances, and off field activities / income makers and other than that, it’s a guesstimate really.

So aye, it’s all a pile of pish really 😊