Celtic v Rangers Saturday 11th May 12:30

Just now, Kyle Reese said:

The **** must be carrying a hefty old wage bill. I expect missing out on £20-30m from the Champions League group stages (is next season the last time without having to play qualifiers?) will be a bit of a blow to their balance sheets.

Going by recent accounts according to Price Of Football their wages bill is higher than ours now. They have pretty much always had a higher transfer deficit too. It's not a big concern at present as the owners seem content to absorb these losses rather than rack up debt but they aren't exactly billionaires so I can't see them wanting to do this for much longer.

Just now, gannonball said:

Going by recent accounts according to Price Of Football their wages bill is higher than ours now. They have pretty much always had a higher transfer deficit too. It's not a big concern at present as the owners seem content to absorb these losses rather than rack up debt but they aren't exactly billionaires so I can't see them wanting to do this for much longer.

Share issue, anyone?

Canadian Hello GIF by Shay Mitchell

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Kyle Reese said:

Why is the term **** started out? It has been deemed non sectarian. It refers to the behaviour of their uncouth fans.

It's a shite nickname imo that was probably used by ourselves first but I've never even considered it to be sectarian tbh or even derogatory really. No idea why PnB filters it.

Edited by gannonball

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I know it's quite established on here you like a wee fib but CCV played about 5 seasons I think in the championship before we signed him, its quite clear he could 'hack it'.

I can’t be arsed checking but I’m pretty confident the only season he played more than 50% of the league games was Swansea hence why he ended up playing in Scotland ?

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I can’t be arsed checking but I’m pretty confident the only season he played more than 50% of the league games was Swansea hence why he ended up playing in Scotland ?

Clutching at straws here now, his last club in the championship was Bournemouth when he joined them in October yet still made 20 odd appearances for a club that ended up in the playoffs. That isn't the mark off a guy who couldn't hack in the championship otherwise why would Championship clubs have continued to loan him from Tottenham and still make a decent whack of appearances. I'm not saying he was imperious or anything just that it's ridiculous to say he couldn't hack it, he clearly could.

2 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

When I run for parliament on a sole-issue manifesto of eradicating VAR, I hope I can count on Kenny millers vote. But I won’t be inviting him on the campaign team. 

Please get var gone

5 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Clutching at straws here now, his last club in the championship was Bournemouth when he joined them in October yet still made 20 odd appearances for a club that ended up in the playoffs. That isn't the mark off a guy who couldn't hack in the championship otherwise why would Championship clubs have continued to loan him from Tottenham and still make a decent whack of appearances. I'm not saying he was imperious or anything just that it's ridiculous to say he couldn't hack it, he clearly could.

You’ve checked so fair enough. I was fairly sure he only played a handful of games for most of the sides and hadn’t impressed enough to merit making the loans permanent deals and that’s why he ended up in Scotland.

Didn't realise CCV had so many clubs . Playing on average about 17 games (except swansea). 
I don't think he's a great player but he's good enough. 

4 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

The best thing about Miller's meltdown is that he went on to Sportsound later and doubled down

How the f**k are people like him employed to talk about football?

1 minute ago, Busta Nut said:

How the f**k are people like him employed to talk about football?

Football punditry seems to be one of those few professions where your employers don’t really care if you are qualified enough for the role as long as you tick some boxes. It’s probably what frustrates fans the most about the shoddy coverage we get.

1 minute ago, AJF said:

Football punditry seems to be one of those few professions where your employers don’t really care if you are qualified enough for the role as long as you tick some boxes. It’s probably what frustrates fans the most about the shoddy coverage we get.

Aye, to be fair to someone (I forget who) they made the point a few pages ago, They're driving engagement. 

1 hour ago, bennett said:

celtic were extremely vocal about that,  yet when predictably their own fans do the same thing they go silent. 

Sounds a bit like you mate 

I'd like to echo Callum McGregor's view here. I think Ranger's simply couldn't live with how slick Celtic were yesterday. Ranger's would have probably benefitted more from a bumpy pitch as they looked to go route one into Desser's, play less on the deck and play for scraps.

Celtic captain Callum McGregor has hailed the work of the Parkhead groundkeepers for ensuring the ‘amazing’ pitch enabled them to play ‘slicker’ football against Rangers.

6 minutes ago, Jinky67 said:

Sounds a bit like you mate 

I'm sure that celtic will eventually get around to condemning the missile throwing.

4 minutes ago, stressball said:

Would only be a moral draw for you though.

I had faith in celtic doing the right thing for once, a rare error on my part.