Celtic v Rangers Saturday 11th May 12:30

I think that for us to still be technically in the title fight at this stage after Beale's start to the season is incredible, but I just don't think that a large percentage of this squad has the bottle to go to Celtic Park and get a win when we need it.  Injuries aren't helping, but I fear it will be the same story as before, gift them an early goal, fall apart, rally a wee bit but too little too late.

On 06/05/2024 at 20:33, 2426255 said:

During Covid i followed Celtic because they had the most Scotland players in their team. I still listen to one of their podcasts with the Celtic by Numbers guy and Juco James.

The following year i followed Norwich City for the same reason. The year Gilmour was there on loan.

That's sad as f**k. Proper oddball behaviour. 

2 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

He's not right this character. 

Sadly, I don't even think he's taking the piss. 

6 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

I think he means he just watches more of their games rather than support them. I kind of get it, I'm more likely to watch a Tottenham game now because of Ange but would never actively support another team, just more of an interest really.

Just now, Crawford Bridge said:

Definitely not taking the piss. 

The tartan army is rammed with weirdos. 

This I agree with. The TA section on here is up there with the Juniors at times.

9 minutes ago, Crawford Bridge said:

6 minutes ago, Girth said:

He's not right this character. 

Sadly, I don't even think he's taking the piss. 

Lads, he's not a Celtic fan, he just helps them out when they're busy.

1 hour ago, Ooooft. said:

Rangers token penalty … 84 minutes

Unlikely. The last penalty you conceded in a derby at Celtic Park was back in 2010, 22 games ago*

*according to a random guy on twitter which I haven’t verified

Just listened to Paul Lambert say these games are totally unpredictable and form means nothing.

Does anyone else fell like that?

I would say these games have become very predictable in the last 10-15yrs. When was the last time the team who won the league not enjoy the better outcomes in this fixture?

In the 90's Celtic could get big results and still be miles of winning the league. In the early 2000's they traded some big wins over each other 5-1, 6-2 and plenty 3-0' s while not necessarily winning the league.

Apart from Gerrard screaming in to the camera when was the last time there was a surprise result in this game?

I maybe wrong but my perception of this game now is that it is rare to see the favourite getting beat and almost never see them getting big losses like happened before.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I think that for us to still be technically in the title fight at this stage after Beale's start to the season is incredible, but I just don't think that a large percentage of this squad has the bottle to go to Celtic Park and get a win when we need it.  Injuries aren't helping, but I fear it will be the same story as before, gift them an early goal, fall apart, rally a wee bit but too little too late.

We will need a performance akin to Betis away to have any chance tomorrow. Sadly, our form and performances have been very poor so there’s no real reason to believe it is likely.

I think we need to utilise Sterling in midfield and McCausland could then give us that natural width on the right. And while we have no Sima, Matondo or Cortes for the left, hopefully Ridvan can get up that side of the pitch, if he is fit enough to start - he didn’t seem like his usual energetic self in his cameo against Killie.

Edited by AJF

Posted (edited)

Do Rangers just appoint terrible people as their manager or do the managers turn into terrible people because they are managing Rangers?

I hope Baldy Phil and his lot get absolutely hammered tomorrow.  

On 07/05/2024 at 13:26, VincentGuerin said:

Also, Celtic win so much that nobody is fucking arsed anymore.

Also this.

Edited by Desp

I did also try to follow Dundee this season just as part of getting to know the Premiership better, but the football wasn't great and that pitch, my god - so i just gave up in the end.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, ahemps said:

Just listened to Paul Lambert say these games are totally unpredictable and form means nothing.

Does anyone else fell like that?

I would say these games have become very predictable in the last 10-15yrs. When was the last time the team who won the league not enjoy the better outcomes in this fixture?

In the 90's Celtic could get big results and still be miles of winning the league. In the early 2000's they traded some big wins over each other 5-1, 6-2 and plenty 3-0' s while not necessarily winning the league.

Apart from Gerrard screaming in to the camera when was the last time there was a surprise result in this game?

I maybe wrong but my perception of this game now is that it is rare to see the favourite getting beat and almost never see them getting big losses like happened before.

Even going off this season you can't say they are predictable. 1st game of the season the **** were at home and we had a few injuries to key players and dropping points so they were heavy favourites iirc, we won 2-0. Last game was a 3-3 thriller where both threw away leads.

Edited by gannonball

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Even going off this season you can't say they are predictable. 1st game of the season the **** were at home and we had a few injuries to key players and dropping points so they were heavy favourites iirc, we won 2-0. Last game was a 3-3 thriller where both threw away leads.

Unfortunately in the 3-3 game we never managed to get ourselves ahead. We pulled level twice.

Just now, AJF said:

Unfortunately in the 3-3 game we never managed to get ourselves ahead. We pulled level twice.

Ah right enough, still it wasn't exactly a predictable game. I can't see such an open game for this one however, will be a fair bit more cagey would say.

2 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Ah right enough, still it wasn't exactly a predictable game. I can't see such an open game for this one however, will be a fair bit more cagey would say.

If we can survive the opening 26 seconds without conceding this time then I’ll be a lot happier.

‘Form goes out the window in a derby’ is one of those mind numbingly stupid cliches that come out alongside a myriad of others when these games come around. 

File it neatly alongside ‘VAR isn’t the problem, it’s the guys operating it’ for calibre of people saying it.