Heart of Midlothian - 2024/25 European Tour

10 hours ago, gazelle83 said:

Interested to hear of you maintain it's my bias? I did note Stewart and McCann were of the same opinions...

Are we now saying it's P&B policy that Michael Stewart and Neil McCann are always right?

Plzen did to us last night what they did all last season.

Whoever Heartys had played, I am confident you'd have said they were rubbish. None of the points from my previous post have changed.

Edited by VincentGuerin

Boyce was a baffling decision but I can see the overall plan. We've seen Scottish teams lose ties like last night early on before, and I can see the plan to stay in the game and hope for a break before switching things up for the closing stages and going for it. I'd have made the change to four at the back much earlier though.

It was unfortunate that having just made the switch it never really got the chance to bed in because we gave away yet another goal due to an individual error.

Taylor looks absolutely bereft of confidence. Didn't fancy taking on his man at all, and we generally look quite bully-able.

It's unfortunate to need to play a big game like that without Beni(again), Neuwenhoff, and Shankland, and that is mitigation for Naismith as all three of them would have made a huge difference in their own ways. But while I can see the plan and don't think it was a dreadful one, the game itself should have been managed better and the changes made sooner. Half time would have been fine.

Edited by VincentGuerin

12 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Regardless of what Naismith said tonight, anyone think Shankland wasn't risked tonight ahead of a "big money" move to Rangers/Celtic tomorrow?

I like that they've convinced themselves that he would have made a difference. 

He'd have waddled about doing f**k all. 

12 minutes ago, VincentGuerin said:

It's over. Move on.

This is a good day. Our vanquished domestic enemies get to sit dripping with jealousy as we enjoy yet another European draw followed by holiday planning.

Our enemies:

"Plzen are rubbish!"

image.jpeg.f16600d22cb1e7324d3a63530b145ee9.jpeg

Us:

image.jpeg.7b2d384b5ea0e70e08e76a4d9ab1478a.jpeg

image.jpeg.2e7c39233ee65f7d1142210209f72efb.jpeg

image.jpeg.2fb62b019f897c0d5ab652be067c35d1.jpeg

image.jpeg.ad1575df1bc86175663730abd76cae04.jpeg

image.jpeg.58b2ddf1678910230c37fc299c4ff273.jpeg

Enjoy.

^^^ “its all about the taking part” type post 

Just now, Jives Miguel said:

That's pretty tough. Shamrock Rovers got a great draw in comparison.

Who will Shamrock Rovers face?

Chelsea (A)
Apoel (H)
SK Rapid (A)
The New Saints (H)
Borac (H)
Larne (A)

Aye, in terms of getting through we've probably got a sort of 45/55 draw. If we'd got Shamrock's draw I'd put us 80/20 to go through.

Could have been much kinder. Two trips that look fun though. Wait and see if we can complain our way in to the Minsk game (which seems to be in Hungary).

Pot 4 is a bit of a killer and I would have liked an easier tie from Pot 6.

I reckon we'll need to beat "Petrocub" at home and take 4 points from Omonia (h) and Minsk (a). Unfortunately we are shit.

Tough teams but Killie ran two of our higher seeds close. So maybe we can get something if we can actually improve and not play like a bunch of dicks. Similarly if we can get our shit together Omonia and Petrocub are beatable.

Trip wise, Copenhagen and Brugges look great.