Killie in Europe 2024/25

1 hour ago, O_Kahn said:

Will 2500 tickets be sufficient for all those that want to go?  I read a few worried replies to the post from the club account on Twitter about the allocation.

I think it should be. 

1500 certainly wouldn't have been. 

A lot of our fans were over in Germany and some of them might struggle with getting to this a month or so following that given the cost of that. A few of my mates actually cancelled germany on back of us getting into Europe but most of us doing both and worrying about being skint later!

2500 'should' be enough.

With prices of flights etc having gone up quite significantly, difficult to see more than that travelling.

If the worst comes to the worst with a 30,000 capacity stadium, surely a good chance to get in somewhere 

Booked up, flying to Heathrow then on to Brussels and catching the train to Brugge. Staying in a hotel in the centre near the main square. Can't wait for it now, can see 1500-2000 making the trip but don't see us selling all 2500 tickets. 

It's a decent-sized ground/ Imagine you'll be high up behind one of the goals. Great town with some fantastic bars and a good bit to walk around! Enjoy! I'll be at the home game as a neutral. Where's best for pre-match beers? Anything else to do in Killie to, er, killie some time? (We're staying in Fife and coming over via Stirling...)

1 hour ago, barnseytheclaret said:

It's a decent-sized ground/ Imagine you'll be high up behind one of the goals. Great town with some fantastic bars and a good bit to walk around! Enjoy! I'll be at the home game as a neutral. Where's best for pre-match beers? Anything else to do in Killie to, er, killie some time? (We're staying in Fife and coming over via Stirling...)

Went to Cercle vs Gent last year. Love Brugge, been a few times. 

In terms of Killie, the Dean Park is lovely. Free to get in and lots to see, deer, goats, shetland ponies etc. 

Frustrated staff at Kilmarnock's Dean Park make appeal over litter | News -  West FM

In terms of pre match beers, Portmann is where i'll be. Huge beer garden, so ideal if nice weather . You can see Rugby Park top right in the pic below. 

image.thumb.png.c07b5cc533f22b82bde5f5b1cf141e4d.png

Other places i'd suggest pre match are Kadikoi (believe there's Cercle fans booked booked in there too), Macks Bar, Saltire Bar. All of which are on your way to the stadium from the train station, Kadikoi a slight detour. 

Park Hotel at the stadium is good option too, food is excellent and 10 secs from the stadium. Area to sit outside and inside even if just for a drink.  Pics below. Other good food options are Da Vinci, Pings Pizza & WIngs, Longhouse, The Duke, La Dragon, Oceans 11. Coffee Press (Shuts at 4pm)

The Park Hotel

The Park Hotel, Kilmarnock – Updated 2024 Prices

Really envious of you guys getting such a good tie. For us either Iceland or Albania are going to be logistically or financially difficult so can't imagine many travelling especially to Iceland where the whole  ground capacity is just over 2000 so tickets will be in short supply . Also we can't  book till a week before the game as it's not obvious who we'll be facing. Neither club has given us a ticket allocation yet either 

I fully intend to go though. Had thought about waiting till the next round and maybe a better draw but given experience of other Scottish sides we might be out by then.

Best of luck on your travels 

Can't wait for this as I didn't get a ticket for Connah's Quay and booked for Belgrade on the assumption we'd get through the first tie. 

It was the first chance I had to go abroad with Killie with my father and brother, but we all know what happened next. 

It's now too much hassle for my father to go (he's 87), so a bit bitter sweet going this time.  Hopefully will get 2 tickets for my brother and I. 

Was in Brugge in April and am excited to go back as its a beautiful city with lots to do and see.  Also some great Belgian beers to taste. 

Edited by paul wright scores
Predictive text

9 hours ago, Oldchap said:

Really envious of you guys getting such a good tie. For us either Iceland or Albania are going to be logistically or financially difficult so can't imagine many travelling especially to Iceland where the whole  ground capacity is just over 2000 so tickets will be in short supply . Also we can't  book till a week before the game as it's not obvious who we'll be facing. Neither club has given us a ticket allocation yet either 

I fully intend to go though. Had thought about waiting till the next round and maybe a better draw but given experience of other Scottish sides we might be out by then.

Best of luck on your travels 

Was talking to some of my St Mirren supporting friends who were telling me just how expensive the travel is to Iceland, so much so they will not travel there if that is where the away leg is. 

Shame as they weren't able to travel the last time St Mirren were in Europe and had been really looking forward to going abroad with them. 

Mozart, More than just Ribs is worth a visit if you like Ribs often go there if I go to watch Charleroi play Club Brugge or Cercle.

Most things in the centre of Brugge is in walking distance so your not far from bars and restaurants.

Edited by Adoomeddoom