Livingston vs St Johnstone - 11/05/2024

One suspects this will be a Championship fixture next season.

This is an absolute must win for us going into next Wednesday's match against Ross County. Livi's status now confirmed may result in the players now being on the beach or (more likely IMO, given the historical character of that team as well as the manager himself) will be right up for it with the pressure off. 

Not entirely sure what's going on in terms of our left backs, neither were in the squad on Saturday and I can't remember seeing any updates suggesting they're injured or, if they are, how long for but we just have to go with a back 4 and a more positive outlook next Saturday. 

Mitov

Keltjens McGowan Gordon Gallacher/Robinson 

Wright MacPherson Philips Carey

Kimpioka Sidibeh

if neither left back is available, Carey into left back with May ahead of him. 

Either of the Smiths in a midfield 4 gives me the fear (as does Kucheriavyi). I'm not a macpherson fan but that midfield pairing did well enough together at times last season and you'd think MacPherson will be wanting to play himself into a new contract.

Clark has been highly ineffective recently and I think Kimpioka/Sidibeh has more chance of causing Livi's fragile confidence in defence some jitters. 

Suspect we'll get the same 'safe' line up as we've seen recently and end up losing narrowly if I'm honest. Teams in the position to relax at this stage of the season give me the fear. 

There's rumours Robinson is injured and won't play again this season.

If Gallacher is out then f**k knows what you do on the left. Even Scott Bright is loaned out so I don't think could play, not that you'd want to shaft him by giving him a proper debut in this situation.

Keltjens has played there before I think but zero idea how well, but then that leaves you with no RB really.

Fortunately we've got 6 strikers and 12 attacking midfielders to pick from.

Andy Considine played at left back for a lot of his Aberdeen career. He also played there for us in the first game at Dingwall this season.

I'm fully aware of all the problems this could cause, but I'm just pointing out that he is a potential option.

Here's the Transfermrkt report for that game for anybody who's interested. That's some youthful squad we had up there that day.

Ross County FC - St. Johnstone FC, Aug 12, 2023 - Scottish Premiership - Match sheet | Transfermarkt

Mitov 

Gordon Considine 

Keltjens            Gallacher 

McGowan 

Wright      Smith    Carey

Kimpioka Sidibeh 

Get into them.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

Mitov 

Gordon Considine 

Keltjens            Gallacher 

McGowan 

Wright      Smith    Carey

Kimpioka Sidibeh 

Get into them.

Would only make one change to this. Probably put a traffic cone in place of Smith(regardless of which Smith it was)

26 minutes ago, johnoswald2712 said:

Would only make one change to this. Probably put a traffic cone in place of Smith(regardless of which Smith it was)

Some chain reaction we've got. Ali Crawford is a poor man's Connor Smith, who's a poor man's Kucheriavyi who is a poor man's Matt Smith, and he's pretty ineffective too. Admittedly you could change the order of those 4 and it would make very little difference as they're essentially just the same player. Wonder if any of them could do a turn at left back. 

It’d be nice to not be raging at the same players every week, and it’s been a while since I’ve been raging at him, so Ali Crawford must start. 

Only players that will be here next season please, unfortunately seems to include Nottingham but I'd still be tempted to chuck Carson somewhere in defence instead.

Looking forward to the same tactics, same outcome, and same shite from Martindale after the game.

47 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Only players that will be here next season please, unfortunately seems to include Nottingham but I'd still be tempted to chuck Carson somewhere in defence instead.

Looking forward to the same tactics, same outcome, and same shite from Martindale after the game.

I hold a glimmer of hope, a small one, that he'll use these remaining games to assess the players that will be here next year so he knows what he needs from the transfer market. 

Like you though I fully expect to see the same stuff we've seen all season. 

Mitov

Keltjens  Gordon  Considine  Gallacher

Wright   Phillips   MacPherson Carey

Crawford

Kimpioka

Might as well. Swap Gallacher for McGowan and move Considine to LB if he’s out.

1 hour ago, Monkey socks said:

Are Boyce , Lawal and Welch-Hayes eligible to play now their loan clubs season is over?

First two (assuming you mean Boyes) still have play-off games with Inverness.