🔴🔵 The Caley v Hamilton ⛔⛔

Posted (edited)

Lord forgive me for siding with Hamilton on anything, but I simply cannot wait for Inverness Caledonian Thistle to be relegated.

Edited by RossBFaeDundee

On 12/05/2024 at 22:45, Stephen Malkmus said:

Sorry Hamilton, now that our strikers have started baptising each other there is no hope for you. With God's strength we shall surely prevail 🙏 

Screenshot-20240512-224159-Samsung-Inter

That is just about the greatest thing ever to happen in Scottish football.

Still hope you get pumped.

Posted (edited)

This is the 32nd meeting between Caley and Hamilton.  Accies have 13 wins to our 12.

Our record at New Douglas Park over the years is actually pretty decent - eight wins, five losses and two draws.  We've only won once in our last seven visits, which was last sesaon when we came from a goal down to win 2-1.

Notable games there include a 3-0 win for Accies in our relegation season in 2017 which I think is universally accepted as the turning point that never was.  We really should have fired Richie Foran after that game but we stuck with him and went down.  If I recall correctly, there was some mix up with the organisation of that game on our part as well, did some of the coaches not make it to the ground?  Added to the shambles of that season.

Craig Brewster's last game in charge before he was fired was also at New Douglas Park, a 1-0 loss in January 2009.  That was the first time we ever fired a manager and there was a really poisonous atmosphere in our end that day.

On a happier note, the opening game of our best ever season was a win away to Accies, 2-0 with BIlly Mckay and Ryan Christie scoring in 2014.  That season also saw the biggest ever crowd for a fixture between teh clubs at NDP in January 2015.  Accies dropped the prices to 20p in 'honour' of Alex Neil who had left that week to join Norwich City leading to over 5000 people attending to see Caley win 2-0.

The following season saw the highest scoring meeting at NDP, when this frankly nonsensical game took place.

Edited by ICTChris

1 hour ago, ICTChris said:

This is the 32nd meeting between Caley and Hamilton.  Accies have 13 wins to our 12.

I'm very surprised the head to head is so close.  Hamilton are one of those teams it feels like we always lose to.

54 minutes ago, Buzz Killington said:

I'm very surprised the head to head is so close.  Hamilton are one of those teams it feels like we always lose to.

Accies have won 6 out of the last 9 meetings. 2021-2023  and scored 14 goals to our 10.

Being a football fan really is completely mental. Around a 6 and a half hour round trip, probably not getting home till around 2am plus the cost of it, all watch something you know is going to be fucking terrible.

26 minutes ago, Claudia Gentile said:

We are the Pepple 🔵⚪🔴

Fairly sure it is written in the bible that you will score in your first game after baptism.

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Notable games there include a 3-0 win for Accies in our relegation season in 2017 which I think is universally accepted as the turning point that never was.  We really should have fired Richie Foran after that game but we stuck with him and went down.  If I recall correctly, there was some mix up with the organisation of that game on our part as well, did some of the coaches not make it to the ground?  Added to the shambles of that season.

Quite possibly one of the worst games I’ve ever been to, I’m sure we re-signed Billy on loan that day and I had my hopes up only to get turned over by Accies.

1 hour ago, PB1994 said:

Fairly sure it is written in the bible that you will score in your first game after baptism.

Well, what is actually written in the Bible is (Luke 11:31) ... "The Queen of the South will rise at the judgement ..." aye, maybe - but not with a certain Mr Marvin bloody Bartley in charge ...