Spartans v Dumbarton (Play off final double header)

1 hour ago, Owsley 2 said:

Thank you for proving I'm right. The blurriness of the water on the lens makes it look like he's landed on him. If he had the guy would be writhing around in agony. Didn't happen.

Are you a Sevco fan?

I'm actually watching the game again just now and that incident has just happened. If you need proof that Sonkur stood on him, watch the play go on after the foul where Ruth walks over to him and Sonkur says sorry. Is he apologising for standing on the park? He's a big fucking rat and knew exactly what he was doing. 

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I think he's Ayrton Sonkur. 

I like that, according to Mr Sonkur, the camera lens is simultaneously so blurry that you are tricked into thinking he's stamped on him and also completely clear that he didn't.

Edited by FifeSons

Just now, FifeSons said:

I like that the camera lens is simultaneously so blurry that you are tricked into thinking he's stamped on him, but also completely clear that he didn't.

The close up angle is blurry but the camera which was showing the tackle live shows it very clearly. I'm amazed anyone is even debating it, Sonkurs momentum is going forward but somehow he takes a step back...

3 minutes ago, Sons FC said:

Is there any retroactive decision-making process to look at this and impose a ban?

There really should be. The SPFL probably aren't organised enough to have bothered looking at it.

If someone who played for Kilmarnock (for example) or maybe, let's say, Dundee did that in their last game then it would absolutely be punished and he would get a ban.

But given that nobody outside a few hundred Sons fans care, I doubt anything will happen. I think for a retrospective ban all four officials would have to say they missed it? Steven Kirkland has clearly seen it and decided it's not a red. So that's probably the end of it anyway.

I'll be a seething mess if he plays a big role in getting Spartans promoted on Friday night. But unfortunately I think we've just got to suck it up and move on.

This weather has me doubly excited for tomorrow. Nice weather, a decent enough ground (Ainslie Park gets a tough time because it's a bit soulless imo. I quite like the grassy hill behind the goal) and the chance to watch a Sons side win promotion for the first time in 12 years. What a buzz. I'd forgotten how good/nervy this felt.

2 hours ago, Owsley 2 said:

Thank you for proving I'm right. The blurriness of the water on the lens makes it look like he's landed on him. If he had the guy would be writhing around in agony. Didn't happen.

Sonkur doesnt need to make full contact with him. Its of absolutely no relevance that he withdrew the full force of his stamp before making contact. He makes a clear stamping motion towards a player who is lying on the ground. Thats as easy a red card to give as you're likely to see. It's enough that he motioned to stamp on the player to be classed as violent conduct. Actually making full contact with the opponent is irrelevant here. The stamping motion is clear and it's violent conduct.

2 hours ago, Owsley 2 said:

1d6cc7128f76c4b3cf44bf09deafa890.gif

1 hour ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

I'll be surprised if we do.  We've been down to the hardcore for quite a while now and the telly screening won't help.

Doesn’t help either when those among the hardcore go to watch another team in our league with an ex-Sons-player as manager, instead.

Spoiler

Pure FifeSons speculation

Posted (edited)

I think it will be a similar sized crowd to last Saturday in Stirling. There’s a few issues for those who would usually attend this caliber of game.

1. It’s not got a train station within walking distance.

2. It’s on a week day and some won’t be able to make it due to work

3. It’s on TV making it easier to avoid the hassle of travelling.

it’ll only really be the ‘hardcore’ fans and a few neutrals who fancy a well setup game that should be entertaining.

Edited by super-son

8 hours ago, FifeSons said:

I think there could be a good number of neutrals. The Sons hardcore will just have to be extra loud then.

Will be a few Hearts/Hibs fans, they often take in Spartans games, same with the play-off a couple of years ago v Edinburgh City *4-1 shudder* there was also quite a few players and managers of other Clubs taking in the match.

It's a decent venue, always enjoy being able to move around/change ends at half-time.