Spartans v Dumbarton (Play off final double header)

Posted (edited)

I’m still a bit confused as to where the first tie is being played.

Lowest ranked team are meant to be at home?

Dumbarton finished behind Spartans though flashscores has It at Ainslie on Tuesday?

Nevermind lets go Spartans

Edited by Sparticus

• Sparticus changed the title to Spartans v Dumbarton (Play off final double header)

We're definitely at home first. Both sides are in decent form, both will be buzzing after the semi-finals and you've also got the added psychological battle of Dumbarton winning 6-2 last time out, giving The Sons some confidence and Spartans something to avenge. I expect two very closely fought games and I think it comes down to who has the baws to win it. 

13 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Dumbarton finished behind Spartans though flashscores has It at Ainslie on Tuesday?

Play-off fixtures May 14-18 | SPFL

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Sparticus said:

Well done on your superb away result today, should be a good final between 2 sides in decent form.

Edited by Silverton End

Heard from lots of our fans today that went in the far away stand on Tuesday that the were basically getting coins chucked at them from the ultras the whole game (I was on the other side) so just a wee word of warning to the travelling sons fans 

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

I hope Dumbarton can beat an Edinburgh team in the play-offs this time. 

Like the Jim Duffy/Ross Forbes inspired victory of 2021?

19 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Heard from lots of our fans today that went in the far away stand on Tuesday that the were basically getting coins chucked at them from the ultras the whole game (I was on the other side) so just a wee word of warning to the travelling sons fans 

Thanks for the heads up, I'll take a few money bags with me. 

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Clarko_son said:

I assume it's just street parking near Ainslie Park?

Yes or the Morrisons .There is a car park there but unless you land lucky you won't get a spot due to it being full of folk at the swimming baths/kids football 

8 minutes ago, microdave said:

What is the best way to get there via public transport and can anyone recommend a pub?

If arriving at Waverly station there's heaps of buses that go down that way all on the Lothian bus app,Crewe toll is your end point for the journey planner 

https://www.lothianbuses.com/live-travel-info/journey-planner/

Stay in town or  there's the village hotel bar and not much else within 15 mins

Edited by doulikefish

4 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Yes or the Morrisons .There is a car park there but unless you land lucky you won't get a spot due to it being full of folk at the swimming baths/kids football 

If arriving at Waverly station there's heaps of buses that go down that way all on the Lothian bus app,Crewe toll is your end point for the journey planner 

https://www.lothianbuses.com/live-travel-info/journey-planner/

Stay in town or  there's the village hotel bar and not much else within 15 mins

Cheers for that. Looks like there are plenty of buses from town.

3 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Cheers! Aye figured it would be used for everything else or just be full anyway 

51 minutes ago, microdave said:

What is the best way to get there via public transport and can anyone recomm..end a pub?

Train the 27 bus from either the Mound or Hanover Street, probably best to have a pint in the centre unless your brave enough to chance the Anchor.

22 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

I take it Edinburgh buses have joined the 21st Century and take contactless?

Had contactless on the buses in Edinburgh for years. Can still pay cash if you want.

6 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

Train the 27 bus from either the Mound or Hanover Street, probably best to have a pint in the centre unless your brave enough to chance the Anchor.

There’s a restaurant/bar in the Village Hotel just over from the Morrisons on Ferry Road, pretty smart hotel.  Have seats outside too when it’s decent weather.

9 minutes ago, cowdenbeath said:

This looks comically rough :lol: