Spartans v Dumbarton (Play off final double header)

30 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

I was talking about the foul about a minute before.

Was that a foul out around the middle? It looked from the one view I got of it that a Spartans player tackled someone chest height. 

The officiating in that game was hopeless, bad enough when it comes to missing stamps and stuff like that but it felt like every throw-in/corner was an absolute lottery as well. Neither linesman ever seemed to actually want to make a decision either. No idea about the penalty or if we were offside for our disallowed one.

The first goal, what an assist by Lennon... Ok aye, the keepers made a complete arse of it but Wallace has followed it in. Lovely play by Ruth for the second. 

As fifesons said it's a bit of an odd one, should feel a lot happier after a win but we've got an advantage for Friday and that's the main thing really

8 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

That was really strange. Feels like a big disappointment. 

We can't be disappointed with that. Aye, the second half we stopped playing but we have a lead and if we can start well on Friday we can kill the tie. I hope we sink these dirty rats.

Sonko should have been sent off, Spartans could have had a penalty though.

We looked tired after about 60-odd minutes, we'll need to be at our best on Friday, it should be a cracking game.

Just now, Silverton End said:

Sonko should have been sent off, Spartans could have had a penalty though.

We looked tired after about 60-odd minutes, we'll need to be at our best on Friday, it should be a cracking game.

Thought that too, can't understand why we didn't make more changes.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Thought that too, can't understand why we didn't make more changes.

Would like to have seen James Graham get the last 20 minutes, we really should have went for it later in the match.

Edited by Silverton End

1 minute ago, Silverton End said:

Would like to have seen James Graham get the last 20 minutes

Judging by Graham's reaction at the end of the game I think he was a bit annoyed he didn't get longer too.

7 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

We can't be disappointed with that. Aye, the second half we stopped playing but we have a lead and if we can start well on Friday we can kill the tie. I hope we sink these dirty rats.

You’re right, and I’d have absolutely taken any kind of a lead beforehand, but it feels like a loss to me, bizarrely. Which I completely admit is wild!

1 minute ago, Sparticus said:

Spartans probably the better team overall here despite Dumbartons freak opener.

Looking forward to Friday, should be a cracker.

Really? Other than hitting the bar, Spartans didn't test our 'keeper in the 2nd half. There is nothing between the 2 sides at all.

Just now, The Moonster said:

Judging by Graham's reaction at the end of the game I think he was a bit annoyed he didn't get longer too.

Don't blame him, Spartans were there for the taking tonight.

At least we're a goal up though, but Farrell needs to throw a bit of caution to the wind some time & introduce some energy later in a match.

We have some good young players, albeit on loan, Newbury, Lennon & Hogarth were good tonight.

I suppose the fact they should’ve had a penalty and hit the bar when they really had to score maybe evens it out a bit. Just very rough that he doesn’t get sent off for that and then goes and scores. I’d like to see the offside call again. We were also unlucky to have one cleared off the line first half.

I'm trying to figure out if it's coincidence that we didn't get going in the 2nd half. Similarly to Stirling in the first leg, it seemed far too much like we took our foot off the gas.

I appreciate that they have come out all guns blazing but we seemed to sit back and lost all the threat that we had in the first half (again, similar to the semi first leg). Ruth was isolated and suddenly Carlo was pinned back and Kalvin couldn't get past the full back - despite comfortably have his number in the first half.

Brett kinda suggested that too when asked at half time about what the gaffer would say. Along the lines of, "Don't lose an early goal (lol) and gradually work our way back into it over the first 15 mins of the 2nd half". Why can't we come out and just continue the way we ended the first half?

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, FifeSons said:

Div Wilson MUST NOT start on Saturday. Thought Lennon had some great deliveries.

I would start Lynas & put Carlo in midfield on Friday night, Carlo, Orsi & Ruth would be a handful.

Edited by Silverton End

6 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

I would start Lynas & put Carlo in midfield on Sat, Carlo, Orsi & Ruth would be a handful.

I actually thought Carlo was uncharacteristically poor tonight! He completely gave up for the one they hit the bar from. He obviously starts, though.