WOSFL Summer Signings

It is definitely a strange one. From what the group of fans said at the weekend he was their best player & top scorer last year, so for it to be a lack of confidence in getting game time would really surprise me. 

With what I’ve saw from a lethargic looking Darren Christie, he would be far behind both Mason & Brophy so that wouldn’t be a straight shootout, both were fantastic! Big loss for JB. 

Edited by Westy1

3 hours ago, Westy1 said:

It is definitely a strange one. From what the group of fans said at the weekend he was their best player & top scorer last year, so for it to be a lack of confidence in getting game time would really surprise me. 

With what I’ve saw from a lethargic looking Darren Christie, he would be far behind both Mason & Brophy so that wouldn’t be a straight shootout, both were fantastic! Big loss for JB. 

Mason is left sided and Brophy is often played on the left so that is the obvious competition, we can add Max Kerr to that as well.  He can and does play on the right, so yes he has direct competition in Darren Christie and the excellent Gary McCann.  With Kyle Lafferty, Jordan Moore, Stu McCann and the promotion (of the very promising) of Kenzie McCrystal he faced real competition to play as a striker. 

I believe he would have got plenty of playing time nonetheless!  If he has been looking for assurances over playing time then the door is the best option.  We want and need players who are prepared to fight for it.  

From what has been suggested about others who have moved on, there seems to have been a clear view given to players on day 1, about who will and who won’t play this season. 

Also seems to be a clear out of the old guard … read of that what you want 😂 

2 hours ago, TediousTom said:

Mason is left sided and Brophy is often played on the left so that is the obvious competition, we can add Max Kerr to that as well.  He can and does play on the right, so yes he has direct competition in Darren Christie and the excellent Gary McCann.  With Kyle Lafferty, Jordan Moore, Stu McCann and the promotion (of the very promising) of Kenzie McCrystal he faced real competition to play as a striker. 

I believe he would have got plenty of playing time nonetheless!  If he has been looking for assurances over playing time then the door is the best option.  We want and need players who are prepared to fight for it.  

Has Gary and Stuart signed for Burgh for next season? Murdo had Gary on the transfer list just before he left Pollok and Maxwell pulled him off it. 

Agree Gary is excellent, Murdo didn’t play him enough at Pollok. 

5 hours ago, PollokGang said:

Has Gary and Stuart signed for Burgh for next season? Murdo had Gary on the transfer list just before he left Pollok and Maxwell pulled him off it. 

Agree Gary is excellent, Murdo didn’t play him enough at Pollok. 

Yes mate both are staying.  I had heard about Gary being transfer listed by Murdo and that makes me worry.  I really like both McCanns and you will struggle to find a player who works harder that Gary.  

8 hours ago, TediousTom said:

Hearing tonight Brophy doesn’t fancy the manager at all, nothing to do with a fear of not playing. Hasn't been treated well.

Now not allowed to train/play with the squad before a transfer is complete and booted out of the team group chat.  

Hasn't taken Murdie long. 

Just now, Westy1 said:

Hearing tonight Brophy doesn’t fancy the manager at all, nothing to do with a fear of not playing. Hasn't been treated well.

Now not allowed to train/play with the squad before a transfer is complete and booted out of the team group chat.  

Murdie won't be there long...

51 minutes ago, Westy1 said:

What constitutes not being treated well? 

He played Saturday, Sunday and Tuesday for the Burgh, so the old "he is being pushed out" statement seems a bit hollow (you didn't use that phrase but I have seen it elsewhere), especially when you factor in that the player himself asked to be transfer listed.  

Being removed from the team Whats App is fair enough, you are either with the team or you aren't.  As it stands Brophy isn't.  Sends out a great message to the squad.  Team before ego!

Ach never mind, trouble at the Burgh makes for a nice bit of chit chat at the bingo!

So what if a suitable transfer wasn’t to materialise for a while? Has he not to train at all? is it only players who are expected to be professional in these scenarios? Or do clubs have a duty of care too? Sends out a great message to people, regardless of what you achieve, if you ever want to move on, it wont be on good terms!

Burgh/Murdo cant do any wrong my defensive friend 😂 

12 minutes ago, Westy1 said:

So what if a suitable transfer wasn’t to materialise for a while? Has he not to train at all? is it only players who are expected to be professional in these scenarios? Or do clubs have a duty of care too? Sends out a great message to people, regardless of what you achieve, if you ever want to move on, it wont be on good terms!

Burgh/Murdo cant do any wrong my defensive friend 😂 

I still don't get why he hasn't been treated well.  It was his decision to request a transfer, he is not a child so we need not worry about him.

Duty of care?  This isn't a Health and Safety issue.   You have described an adult being barred from a whats app group and a footballer having to train on his own for a short time.  I am sure the employment tribunal has heard worse! 🤣

If thats the standards you guys have, you crack on, says alot about your “club” 😂 do you question why he has requested a transfer?

anyway - enough Brophy/Burgh for me tonight , good test for us v Cumnock tomorrow!

good night ⚽

18 minutes ago, Westy1 said:

If thats the standards you guys have, you crack on, says alot about your “club” 😂 do you question why he has requested a transfer?

anyway - enough Brophy/Burgh for me tonight , good test for us v Cumnock tomorrow!

good night ⚽

I am merely a fan and yes we have differing standards when it comes to scandal and intrigue.

Good luck Vs Cumnock, I will be at at the Burgh away to Rutherglen Glencairn.  

Edited by TediousTom

Not standards about scandal and intrigue. About respect for guys who have served your club well, before you had the amounts of money that mean these qualities don't matter. 

All the best tomorrow

So, he wasn't actually being pushed out...but did he really think he should be pulled off at half time ? 😃

Thank you Rodney Marsh for the joke for the youngsters.

Insert yer ain favourite Kenneth here.

5 hours ago, FitbaGuy said:

100% pushed out. Nothing to do with game time & all about how he’s been treated since Murdie came in. He’s seen as McKim’s man and he’s clearing them out 1 by 1. 

No Malky McDonald there today. Could be injured🤔

6 hours ago, FitbaGuy said:

100% pushed out. Nothing to do with game time & all about how he’s been treated since Murdie came in. He’s seen as McKim’s man and he’s clearing them out 1 by 1. 

Nonsense.