Am I a Karen because…

This thread is created to check in with your fellow P&Bers about anything you’ve done which you feel is it risk of being in Karen territory. Past history suggests that the community will be kind, but honest in appraising your behaviour.

I’ll start. 

Am I a Karen because I asked two folk to sit down at a gig?

That sentence in itself doesn’t look great. But for context, they were the only ones standing up in this seating section and they blocked the view of the entire stage. Plus, two tickets cost us just under £200. 

20 minutes ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

This thread is created to check in with your fellow P&Bers about anything you’ve done which you feel is it risk of being in Karen territory. Past history suggests that the community will be kind, but honest in appraising your behaviour.

I’ll start. 

Am I a Karen because I asked two folk to sit down at a gig?

That sentence in itself doesn’t look great. But for context, they were the only ones standing up in this seating section and they blocked the view of the entire stage. Plus, two tickets cost us just under £200. 

Depends,

Did you reasonably request, explaining the views of others were being affected and asked for them to consider others.

Or did you you start filming them, as you screamed at them they were destroying your life whilst threatening to call to the Police, Security, the PM , your dad and a lawyer to sue for breaching your civil rights and causing you mental torture.

Being a Karen is not the situation it is the method of dealing with the situation.

Like Boomers being known by for their selfishness by their descendants, it occurred to me recently that GenX are the Karen generation and that's how we'll eventually be remembered; a bunch of entitled, screaming harpies.

I wonder if there's a manager I can talk to about this.

1 hour ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

the only ones standing up in this seating section and they blocked the view of the entire stage.

It probably didn't even register that they were doing anything in the least wrong here. We seem to be living in the Age of Entitlement.

You did the right thing. I trust they took it in good stead with just chuntering under their breath and you've not posted this from the hospital, though.

Just now, GTG_03 said:

Ah that's right, Korean Dave. Sorry bro

I woke up this morning looking like this after reading this forum last night.

s-l1200.webp.958bb31b62627408372ada0dbe4db043.webp

I need to speak to the manager.

2 hours ago, BFTD said:

Like Boomers being known by for their selfishness by their descendants, it occurred to me recently that GenX are the Karen generation and that's how we'll eventually be remembered; a bunch of entitled, screaming harpies.

I wonder if there's a manager I can talk to about this.

I don't think it has anything to do with generations, entitled arseholes have always been with us.

The internet unfortunately gives them more attention than they deserve. Sometimes its just someone have a bad day or a stupid out of character moment, but then you get that person who has learned through experience that not being pulled up for their c***ish behaviour allows them to get what they want knowing that the majority of people won't confront them. So they keep doing it. And when someone challenges them they play victim or throw a massive tantrum or both.

Swift truncheon to face territory.

2 hours ago, Dan Steele said:

It probably didn't even register that they were doing anything in the least wrong here. We seem to be living in the Age of Entitlement.

You did the right thing. I trust they took it in good stead with just chuntering under their breath and you've not posted this from the hospital, though.

It’s just crazy to me this complete lack of self-awareness that exists nowadays. Then, by saying that, I think “ok boomer”.

Damned if you do… 

5 minutes ago, Nutz_the_Squirrel said:

It’s just crazy to me this complete lack of self-awareness that exists nowadays. Then, by saying that, I think “ok boomer”.

Damned if you do… 

If I was angrier I would scream 'Spatial Awareness'  about a dozen times every time I left home.

To the people that decide to stop and chat in group just next to the bus stop, their chatting circle now completely blocking the pavement,

To the group walking 5 a breast down the pavement towards you expecting you to walk in the gutter,

To the folk that gather round doors of trains and buses trying to get on and blocking you from getting off

To the idiots that would rather weave down the pavement staring at their phone rather than looking where they are going

To the clowns that inflict their noise on buses, trains and open spaces as they don't believe in earphones for their private noise in public spaces

Don't start me on the ways others in pubs annoy.

And everyone else that gets in the way of just quietly getting from A to B and doing my thing without disturbing others or being disturbed.,

Please learn SPATIAL AWARENESS.

10 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

If I was angrier I would scream 'Spatial Awareness'  about a dozen times every time I left home.

To the people that decide to stop and chat in group just next to the bus stop, their chatting circle now completely blocking the pavement,

To the group walking 5 a breast down the pavement towards you expecting you to walk in the gutter,

To the folk that gather round doors of trains and buses trying to get on and blocking you from getting off

To the idiots that would rather weave down the pavement staring at their phone rather than looking where they are going

To the clowns that inflict their noise on buses, trains and open spaces as they don't believe in earphones for their private noise in public spaces

Don't start me on the ways others in pubs annoy.

And everyone else that gets in the way of just quietly getting from A to B and doing my thing without disturbing others or being disturbed.,

Please learn SPATIAL AWARENESS.

I suspect you take your holidays in Nunavut.

2 hours ago, CityDave94 said:

Without my glasses I read the thread title as Am I a Korean?

I have my glasses on and i did the same...